Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Diagnosis help (fuel pressure)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diagnosis help (fuel pressure)

Hello to all,

Alright, I will go quick. I was having erratic fuel pressure problems driving in the city and the highway. I found out the problem, or so I thought at first, was the Quadzilla fuel sensor. No worries, talk to customer service and they sent me a new pre-tested unit. The unit has been in for a week now and again I am having erratic fuel pressure, but not all of the time. Around town it reads 24-25psi and at idle it is rock solid at 25 psi. The problem happens as soon as I get on the interstate, it jumps all around, as low as 2psi-25psi. Although if I hammer down on the skinner on the highway it actually stays constant at around 22 psi. What is going on here? Thank you
Old 02-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When my last stock pump went out, it was doing the same thing....would sometimes drop to 2 or so PSI. I could "pop" the go pedal and it would go back up. Installed the FASS and have never seen it below 16 PSI.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:28 PM

To get that kind of pressure i guess you are running a pusher pump along with the stock lift pump. Hook up a mechanical guage to the vp-44 tape the guage to the windshield and go for a drive. Monitor the fuel with both guages to verify if you are having lift pump problems or quadzilla problems.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by merrillr4
Hello to all,

Alright, I will go quick. I was having erratic fuel pressure problems driving in the city and the highway. I found out the problem, or so I thought at first, was the Quadzilla fuel sensor. No worries, talk to customer service and they sent me a new pre-tested unit. The unit has been in for a week now and again I am having erratic fuel pressure, but not all of the time. Around town it reads 24-25psi and at idle it is rock solid at 25 psi. The problem happens as soon as I get on the interstate, it jumps all around, as low as 2psi-25psi. Although if I hammer down on the skinner on the highway it actually stays constant at around 22 psi. What is going on here? Thank you
i m having the same problem, same psi. so i change another lp(4th) and the psi is back up for a day or so then back to 18-19 from 27-28psi.
the reason its so high is b/c when i took the lp off to bring it in for warranty, i ran just the holley blue and was only getting 6psi to 2psi to 0psi.
so i stretch the spring a little and get 10psi.
so now i think my holley is going bad its making louder than normal pulsating sounds kinda like its surging.
i talked to quad and i m waiting for one of the 0-40psi sending unit.
i m still worried about the psi, so i will probably buy a spare blue.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:34 PM

What is going on??

Hello again,

I have another part to my story and want to get everyone's thoughts. As explained above, I am having issues with my fuel sensor. Well tonight I go to start the truck, the fuel reads 25 psi, but the boost reads 50!! Okay, so I need to check a wire when I get home because something is not right. So I am driving up the interstate and before it the fuel pressure would jump all over the place, now it reads between 22-24 psi. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!! I will double check the wires tonight or tomorrow. When the fuel gauge reads correct, the boost gauge is off. When the boost gauge reads correct, the fuel pressure is off. I will also send this to Quadzilla customer service. Thank you again for any help.

Rob