Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Dealer warrantied VP with comp!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4x4dually
I just wish they'd make products that last and are built suitable for the job and they wouldn't have to worry about warrenty and fixing out trucks for free. I know we mod them and all that junk, but the pumps go out of BONE STOCK trucks everyday. Seems like a hint to REDESIGN the stupid pumps to me, doesn't it? Both my pumps went out at 50K on my completely stock truck.

I'm straddlin' the fense on this deal. I want folks to be honest with me, so I'd be leary of trying to pass off a tapped pump to warrenty, but on the other hand, some of the stuff the dealer has tried to pull on me would make me want to get my money back out of them. My old '99 dually's front rotors warped and stated shaking the whole truck at low speeds. They replaced them under warrenty at 28K miles. My bill had a $199 brake replacement on it! I was hot hot hot and swore I'd never be back. I even called Dodge with no help from them! So....now that I talk about this, ya, I'd try it.
I'm not trying to get into the morality or karma (the dealer rips us off all the time so he deserves it) of knowingly screwing the dealer, I am just saying once you leave with a zero balance and a warrantied repair, I don't think you have much to worry about. Like I said mine wasn't tapped, but being the second owner I could not say for sure it had never been tapped. If they had called me up and said my pump was denied for warranty because of tampering, I would have told them to pound sand, I didn't tamper with it, and you covered it under warranty, sorry but it is your loss.

If you are worried about it take Dan's advice, you will build nice little savings account while waiting to hear from them.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by natlchamp2k4
Larry, has anything like this happened before. So like myself ignorant to the REAL world posted something, that something being seen and action taken by the company/corporation involved?

Just wondering how hot the water is? Thanks for the edit.

Jamie
Yes sir people have indeed paid the price for posting things on the WWW. Any post can be printed out and used against you even as evidence in a court of law.

And I can promise you that it will only get worse...Things said on the Internet stay around for just about forever if you know how to search properly.

Big corporations like Chrysler that have a lot of money to lose because of these types of warranty issues, most likely have several people on payroll, looking on the Internet everyday.

This is why I always say, you pay to play...You are your own warranty station
Old 01-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Very well said Lary! I agree.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:39 AM

Just had a discussion about this very thing with a service manager at a local Acura dealership. Basically you are in the clear on this one. If you have a repair bill with a warrantied item on it and no charge, the dealer ate it if it comes back from the STAR group and being tampered with/tapped. Its now between the dealership and DC. They could try and sue you for the repair bill but chances are its not worth the time or effort when they can just jack up the next several unsuspecting customers. Count your blessings.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:59 AM

Check out what happens when you put the thread title in Google search.....

Click here
Old 01-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Banned

Ah, nobody important reads these boards anyway....just ask this guy
Link removed, contained profanity
Old 01-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by timbeaux38
Ah, nobody important reads these boards anyway....just ask this guy
Link removed, contained profanity
Wow! I had to quit at page 8, but man, that is total poetic justice! I'd bet that guy love eating crow! ...and fixing AMC pacers!
Old 01-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Banned

It gets really good at about post #40 or so when the owner shows up
Old 01-05-2007, 06:23 PM

Well guys I hope who ever from DC did or didnt read anything before it was edited doesnt do anything about it

If they do I guess Ill tell the dealer sorry because I left with a $0 balance, your loss.

And now finally, I know to never post anything like that again, Ill just send a whole lot of PM's to people I dont know

Thanks for the input,
Jamie
Old 01-06-2007, 02:00 AM
Banned

Wow, made it through all of the pages of a link that doesn't exist anymore. All I can say is anyone better watch themselves posting information on the WWW. Good thing I never got caught driving Z06 vettes at my previous job.