Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Couple questions for Quad (XZT+)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple questions for Quad (XZT+)

Quad,

Just out of curiosity, If I unplug the box from the harness, and leave the harness in place, can the truck be started?

Also, Is it possible to update the box with my laptop while it is still connected to the harness.

Any plans on new tunes or revisions of old ones? If so, expected date?

I sure would like a tune like the COMP beta tune with cold engine protection and high idle!

Thanks,
Josh
Old 10-03-2008, 08:49 PM

Answered in bold...

Originally Posted by jmd025
Quad,

Just out of curiosity, If I unplug the box from the harness, and leave the harness in place, can the truck be started?

I wouldn't think so. I've never tried. But a "loop" will be missing for the MAP.

Also, Is it possible to update the box with my laptop while it is still connected to the harness.

Yep, that's how I always did it.

Any plans on new tunes or revisions of old ones? If so, expected date?

They're constantly working on them.

I sure would like a tune like the COMP beta tune with cold engine protection and high idle!

PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy of the 3K tune that has all that neat stuff! And a lot of power!

Thanks,
Josh
Old 10-03-2008, 09:59 PM

Thanks patracy, I have the 3k tune, Just loaded it, gonna try it in the morning. But I talked with a guy at Quadzilla today about it, and he said it doesn't have that stuff. I got the impression he didn't know much about it though.

Could you explain exactly what all it has, i.e. how long till high idle engages, what temp does the cold engine protection turn off.

The email I got with it say it doesn't come on hard till WOT. How does it feel in the mid range?

Josh

P.S. Anybody snatched up that Xillaraider yet?
Old 10-03-2008, 11:04 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the 3000 tune. Heck, I was one of the first guys to beta test it. And yes, it does have high idle. When cold, or under 140 degrees, the idle will jump up to 1200 rpm after 2 minutes of normal idle; no matter what position the switch is in. After the engine temp hits 140 degrees, the engine will drop back down to normal. Now at that point, if you put the switch into the "off" or down position, the idel will jump to 1200 rpm; and stay there intill the switch is thrown to the "timing" / middle OR the "timing & fuel" / top position.

It feels more like the "aggressive" on the lower end and midrange. But if you hit the throttle hard, it's KILLER.

And maybe you should get that Xzillaraider and stack it on top of your XZT+. You'd love it. I know. I do.......
Old 10-04-2008, 04:42 PM

Could just be my mind playing tricks on me, but I put in the 2004 tune just before I loaded the 3k, I I thought the 2004 was a little perkier at 1/4 throttle. It surges bad at 2100 rpm though. But yeah, the 3k tune is great, spools the turbo fast, smooth, and has the extras like I want them.

I would like to have an Xillaraider to stack, but I am gonna get some bigger sticks and a turbo before I go that route.