Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Cooler air into turbo.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cooler air into turbo.

I am just a new guy but have a question for you bomb heads. If you could find a way to make your air supply cooler with or without a intercooler would it be something you would buy. A company makes a system that will cool your intake air or your intercooler inside or out. Here are a couple pictures of what I am talking about. A 5# bottle can last as long as 3-4 hours of using it. This is just a guess but its close. Bottle can be filled at any welding shop.

The picture below shows the inline unit. CO2 is fed from the bottle through the unit and exits from a small hole opposite of the line in kind of like a NOS purge system but it leaks out real slow and keeps the parts ice cold as long as the bottle is on and the solenoid is activated.

The picture below here shows a unit that sprays CO2 onto the intercooler and thus makes your air intake colder.

I no I am new here but this is on my list of things to do very soon.

Lance Seattle, WA.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:54 PM

Re:Cooler air into turbo.

Also even though this is a mod to your rig do you think a dyno shoot out would find it a to be a mod that would put you into a mod class.
Old 08-06-2003, 05:00 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote author=Gary - KJ6Q link=board=9;threadid=18074;start=0#msg169104 date=1060206087]
HMMmmm - wonder what effect that CO2 has when mixed with intake air into the engine after passing thru the various radiators - and also into the driver/passenger areas...
[/quote]

Good point.. Alot of us don't run ducted intake systems.. We could choke out the engine with that one.. CO2 and Diesel don't mix..

Try posting this thing in the High perf area... Not really alot of use for us first genners.. Guys with compound turbos or 50 psi boost may find it appealing..

J-eh.
Old 08-06-2003, 05:09 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know its not injected...

I was more commenting on the spray system venting into the intake air on our rigs.

Having the CO2 vented into the air on the intercooler or from the inline system would have a detrimental effect.. You would have to ensure that the vented gas was away from your intake system... :

J-eh
Old 08-06-2003, 05:18 PM

After I re-read your posts I understand now what you were talking about. It has not been a problem for gas engines so far from other message boards I have been reading.