Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Banks Ottomind...Fuel, Timing, Both??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 08:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Banks Ottomind...Fuel, Timing, Both??

Hi, I've got the Banks Stinger Plus kit on my truck, had it when I bought it. I've been looking at getting something different for more power one of these days once I get my fuel system upgraded and bigger injectors. Does anyone know what the Ottomind module does? I know it adds fuel, but don't know about timing. It plugs into the Apps and the pump's tapped, that I do know...

Would I be better off just ditching the Banks and going with a whole new system?

I've used the Superchips programmer without any problems, but I really don't know if I should be...

Any info on this would be appreciated.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:02 PM

I ran one for a few years, by itself its a nice work truck set up real safe, power wise pretty boring. If you want to wake it up adding an edge ez helps out a ton way more fun to drive gives it some low end. I made 370hp 839tq with the ez stacked with it and rv275's. I know a few other guys on here ran them stacked with various timing boxes like an xzt with no problems that i heard of.

Originally Posted by OldDodgeOwner
Would I be better off just ditching the Banks and going with a whole new system?
Yes i switched to an adrenaline/pulse combo and love it. Biggest thing is being able to turn the power up and down at will and having options TT, high idle etc is great.

I would say if you're look for a cheap upgrade used ez's are all over pretty cheap or if u got the cash buy a different box and keep the high ram and exhaust.

Last edited by Crazydave; 01-06-2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: fix quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:11 PM

Does run stronger with the super chips stacked? I think its just a fuel box i ran mine stacked for a year and a half and still have my factory vp at 128,000 miles. Thats my 2¢
Old 01-06-2009, 09:20 PM

I plan on keeping the exhaust, high ram, and wastegate setup right now, won't be doin a turbo upgrade anytime soon.

Originally Posted by Crazydave
Does run stronger with the super chips stacked? I think its just a fuel box i ran mine stacked for a year and a half and still have my factory vp at 128,000 miles. Thats my 2¢
I think it's got more power with the Superchips. Seems to run smoother too. I'm just worried it might not be good in the long run, but seems to work good.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:43 AM
GFB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a fuel only. I stacked it with a quad XZT+ and it ran pretty good. Made 432hp with that stack and the jammer 5s.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put some sticks in it and upgrade fuel system. That is a pretty good stack just need to put the fuel out of it. My .02
Old 01-07-2009, 07:18 AM

Ok, that pretty much answered my questions. It's fuel only so it's safe to stack the Superchips with it. That's probably all I'll do for now, planning on upgrading the fuel system shortly, just waitin to free up some cash.

As far as injectors, I'm not looking to go real big, kinda looking at the Mach 2's, but that'll be down the line a bit.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.