Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Backwoods Bumpers Sale Continued!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by greasy
ya, I havn't gotten them on yet as I want to hand sipe them and I've been busy

hope to get em on tomorrow, I think they'll look sharp

plan on painting the truck in a year or two, dark charcoal gray and I'll debadge it too. Also got a guy we're going to both upgrade our seats to heated leather out of a 3rd gen probably

also need a 2-4 inch lift/leveling kit something better than just a puck in the front spring as mine are a bit bagged out, would like a little more spring than stock too with that camper

anyways, slow but sure

Always a work in progress, right? Sounds like you have a good plan though. You should post some pics after you have the wheels/tires on!
Old 10-24-2011, 10:31 AM
"Gomer Pyle"

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Backwoods Bumpers
Man, I've been saying "a few more weeks" for a few months! Introducing a new line is time consuming for us. New patterns, jigs, styles, etc. I'm hoping to get one in the shop for mock up next week or the week after. For now, we'll probably offer the deluxe base and bull bar, with original rear. More guards will come, but we can get these out quickly! Any input?
I personnaly like the Predator Guard or Road Warrior Guard myself. Where I live there are more living creatures jumping out in front of you than imaginable. (Deer and Black Bear mostly) I have already locked the brakes up on a few horses on a morning drive to work. For the rear bumper I like the Backwoods Deluxe because of the lights and light guards. Call me greedy but when I see something that darn strong I just gotta have one. I will hold out for you though. I am on deployment so I aint in a hurry. But, come February when I get home, I hope you got something avail.

Keep up the hard work, it will pay off. I appreciate your craftsmanship even if I can't have one.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Haha, well surely by February.... Just let me know. I'll display it all over the website when they're ready!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am on deployment as well and your front bumper and grill are on my list of things to buy!

March 2012 can't come fast enough!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

haha, well holler at me when you're ready!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Chapter President

Good looking bumpers but 3/8" plate! Good golly, how much do these things weigh? Should I upgrade front springs first!
Old 11-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Oh, haha that's just the mounts and winch plate!! The rest of the bumper is 3/16"!!! That would be waaaaaaaaay too heavy!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Backwoods Bumpers
Jason - I'm glad to hear you like it! I need some pics for the site and FB page!
Sure thing. I will send them over soon. I actually just got the front mounted up. I had a bunch of other stuff going on, have to get an engine hoist, get the winch mounted, and then I installed a switch in the bumper and did a few other things. I have the new wheels and tires will be here soon.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:02 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by greasy
ya, I havn't gotten them on yet as I want to hand sipe them and I've been busy

hope to get em on tomorrow, I think they'll look sharp

plan on painting the truck in a year or two, dark charcoal gray and I'll debadge it too. Also got a guy we're going to both upgrade our seats to heated leather out of a 3rd gen probably

also need a 2-4 inch lift/leveling kit something better than just a puck in the front spring as mine are a bit bagged out, would like a little more spring than stock too with that camper

anyways, slow but sure
Carli makes a great system for you. With the cabover being used,they'd probably recommend sticking with the diesel coils vs. their softer riding Hemi rated ones. As good and proportionate as those Nittos look,prepare yourself for a huge hit in fuel economy especially with the camper on. Nice rig! That bumper rules!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:45 PM

backwoods, how many hundreds would the shipping be to Juneau? 99801.....or maybe to seattle and it can go on the barge for maybe less...
Old 11-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hey man, I'll get you a quote for both. Send me your zip and which bumper so I can figure weight. Also yes/no on the winch mount.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:10 AM

brushbuster 1 with standard base... 98115 is seattle and 99801 is juneau

thanks
Old 11-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

PM sent