Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Backwoods Bumpers Sale Continued!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Backwoods Bumpers Sale Continued!!

Through the end of October, get $100 off a rear bumper when you order a front bumper!

Contact me or check out the Backwoods Bumpers Homepage for details.

Original Thread here

For DTR members: if you don't need a rear bumper. Ask me about another type of discount. I appreciate all the help and knowledge on this site!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have backwoods bumpers front and rear,

I'll post up some pics here pretty soon, havn't taken any pics yet because my wheels/tires and grill and maybe headlights are still on order.

anyone got any questions feel free to shoot me a PM, I'll tell it to you straight up. I had them shipped from AR to WA and still saved a good chunk of change from local bumper vendors (buckstop, road armor etc)
I put on a 17,500 lb winch and its a beast

I didn't want a "farmer" looking bumper you see at Big R stores and the like. So far I'm pretty stoked with it, haven't hit a deer yet though
Old 10-11-2011, 07:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What kind of discount can I get, I don't want to buy rear bumper.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

I'll do $100 off a grille when you buy a front bumper.

If you don't need/want a grille, then I'll do 10% off any front bumper. (10% applied to the base price of the bumper, not including the options such as light buckets, shackle mounts, etc)
Old 10-17-2011, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW! These have to be the sweetest most well made bumpers I have ever seen. I just got my front and rear 2 days ago and am seriously impressed. The fact they don't look like ranchhands is the reason I went with them as well. These things are STOUT, very thick, nice coatings, correct light mounts, perfectly made cuts and holes, etc. Many other custom bumpers I have seen have the holes blown out with torches, crooked lines, etc - these are top notch at a price point much lower than the other custom bumpers out there. I think my truck is very well protected - perhaps I should cancel my collision insurance?
Old 10-18-2011, 04:08 PM

ok how much for a basic bumper, no lights, no winch mount, no grill guard hoop. for a 1st gen? Actually one thing I would like is a 2" receiver.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Jason - I'm glad to hear you like it! I need some pics for the site and FB page!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Vendor - Former Vendor

apwatson50 - standard base is $650. 2" receiver adds $75. That totals to $725 plus shipping.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:14 PM

sick job on the bumpers! do you have some for 2nd gen dodges?
Old 10-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DC199512V87
sick job on the bumpers! do you have some for 2nd gen dodges?
Sure, you can see all the info on our site (click the link in the original post). I would say about half of the bumpers we make are for 2nd gens!
Old 10-22-2011, 04:50 PM

here's mine mounted up. those clevis pins are from BigR - and they are pounded in with a sledge hammer to prevent theft.

I was impressed with the flow from the fender line carried on down thru the end of the bumper, very nice, clean.

the rear tie downs I added, they are also from bigR and are zinc plated, the black paint didn't stick as you can see. I'll fix that later.

anyways as you can see this truck is a semi "build" in progress, grills mirrors and a bunch of other stuff are on the way. The running gear was concentrated on first and foremost and its running good right now. not a hotrod but a solid daily driver. there is a big list of stuff I just done and had done too it.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

looking great, man. Are those the wheels and tires for your truck?
Old 10-23-2011, 01:03 PM
"Gomer Pyle"

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Are those 4th Gen Bumpers ready yet? Man I gotta get one of them things on this truck.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Backwoods Bumpers
looking great, man. Are those the wheels and tires for your truck?
ya, I havn't gotten them on yet as I want to hand sipe them and I've been busy

hope to get em on tomorrow, I think they'll look sharp

plan on painting the truck in a year or two, dark charcoal gray and I'll debadge it too. Also got a guy we're going to both upgrade our seats to heated leather out of a 3rd gen probably

also need a 2-4 inch lift/leveling kit something better than just a puck in the front spring as mine are a bit bagged out, would like a little more spring than stock too with that camper

anyways, slow but sure
Old 10-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by New2Diesel
Are those 4th Gen Bumpers ready yet? Man I gotta get one of them things on this truck.
Man, I've been saying "a few more weeks" for a few months! Introducing a new line is time consuming for us. New patterns, jigs, styles, etc. I'm hoping to get one in the shop for mock up next week or the week after. For now, we'll probably offer the deluxe base and bull bar, with original rear. More guards will come, but we can get these out quickly! Any input?

Quick Reply: Backwoods Bumpers Sale Continued!!