Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Anyone running TST comp boxes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone running TST comp boxes?

Just lookin for some feedback.<br><br>Jamie
Old 10-07-2002, 01:32 PM

Re:Anyone running TST comp boxes?

Hi Jamie,<br><br>Don't know of anyone uing the tst comp but I sell them.<br>I just formed a performance company called Hot Rod Diesel. We carry TST, western DIesel, diesel Dynamics, Edge, Ats, issopro, bully dog, and as may others as I can get.<br><br>I am working on a web site (www.hotroddiesel.ca) to sell lfrom or I can sell from my shop near lindsay. I am still in the forming stages but I have the dealerships and can order product, Your local so I'll beat any price and Install for free until Dec 1 2002.<br><br>I am hooked up with piers as well but I haven't got my pricing yet.<br><br>Thanks<br><br>Hope to have that site done soon.<br><br>(All canadian performance)<br>Heath
Old 10-07-2002, 01:40 PM

Jamie,<br><br>I believe that BriarHopper (Tom) at Black Mountain Diesel runs a TST comp, or at least he did. <br>Try him and see what he can tell you.
Old 10-07-2002, 07:40 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a friend here in Dallas that runs one. He has a very strong truck. With his DD3's and the TSt box he did something like 470HP. Not bad. From this limited datum I cant say if it is any good or not, but it does seem to compare with the others.<br><br>Don~
Old 10-07-2002, 08:19 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

[quote author=Gear Poet link=board=7;threadid=5640;start=0#49596 date=1034036839]<br>I thought I read somewhere that Cummins jumped down TST's throat -- in the legal sense -- for violating proprietary software codes. Happened a couple of years ago, if I remember correctly, and TST had to pull their timing/fueling products off the market and redesign them. That gave Edge an &quot;edge&quot;, and they've come to dominate the market -- whereas it used to be TST that dominated. Is this right? <br><br>GP<br>[/quote]<br><br>Wrong.<br>It had to do with re-writing ECM's over proprietary software, not anything to do with the fueling modules that Mark developed. Big difference. I don't have a TST box right now but I will have a TST Powermax 3 soon, stacked with an EZ for timing since the TST box does not effect timing.<br>I've heard a lot of great praise for them.<br><br>Jaimie? are you gonna defect?
Old 10-07-2002, 09:11 PM
Banned

The TST Comp has a different program than the regular TST Powermax3. I've run both(one at a time, of course ;D ), for a long time, and with different turbos, and also with different programs on the Comp, so I have quite a bit of experience with them. The Comp is extreme, it goes beyond Bosch's parameters pertaining to pump longevity. Hence the &quot;Competition&quot; in the name. You have to sign a waiver to buy one. On the other hand, after more than 60,000 miles with it, it hasn't killed my VP44 yet, and I run it on a high level 7 days a week. The Comp does put out more fuel, enough you'll need more turbo, if running it with a &quot;timing&quot; box such as an EZ Edge or a Van Aaken. <br> I like the user-friendly remotes that make the boxes easy to adjust, easy to see at a glance what power level you are running. I was using TST Products long before I signed up with them as a dealer, and liked them so much that it was logical to get into selling them.
Old 10-07-2002, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Briar: Good to hear from you again. Did you see my post on EZ questions? I am planning to come out again for Dyno day and was looking for some advice on a plug and play of some sorts. (planning to make it anyway, mother in law passed away and still dealing with that) Nothing really radical, just 50 or 60 more hp for topping the hills.<br><br>Something bacsically stock like JR has. Yeah, right......
Old 10-08-2002, 12:13 AM

Got a another angle, how do they do on a H/O motor
Old 10-08-2002, 04:41 AM

I run the TST comp., and it doesent defuel at all until you hit the governor. I hit peak HP of 463 at 2400 RPM and the HP line ran straight across the dyno graph and didnt drop until I hit the governor at 3400 RPM.<br><br>MikeD<br><br>HEY DON!
Old 10-08-2002, 07:17 PM

I have the TST PowerMax 3 w/ remotes. Granted it isn't the Comp box, but it does put out every bit of the power TST states. Also nice since you can adjust the EGT threshold. I give it a thumbs up!