Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

air filter question

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
air filter question

I know that I need to get a new air filter system. Right now I have a K&N drop in filter and it seems to do ok but I don't think that I am getting the air that I should. I tried putting a walker air sep system on the other day just to test it and it seemed to spool up much faster. I was wondering what is the best system to go with. I have read a lot about all of them and would like to install the Scotty. Everything I have heard about that system has been good and I like the fact that it drops your egt's so much. If I go with the scotty am I going to notice a big difference in performance. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:41 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re:air filter question

The Scotty isn't as much for &quot;performance&quot; as it is for EGT reduction.<br>Call Rod at www.wildcatdiesel.com for all the answers. <br> 306.862.5829
Old 06-04-2003, 06:52 AM

Scotty doesn't advertise HP increase and I'm not sure if any testing has been done. The purpose if the scotty is to make as much power or more then anything out there along with reducing the EGT substantially compared to whats available. I lost 200 degreese installing mine over a megacannon. Im not sure if you have seen one or not IRL but they are fantastic fit and finish are excellent. I have the holesaw if you wanna pay to ship it to you your welcome to use it! Probably cheaper to buy one then to ship it from canada to us though.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:37 AM

Yoursoslow2...I have ordered and will be trying a Scotty11, in the near future...I have run stock boxes, K&amp;N, AFE , Holly-pro and other OEM replacement filters with good success..Because I have stepped-up the power level on my truck, and I live at high elevations, I need to get as much air as possible. Good reports from others, the Scotty system seems to reduce EGT&quot;s. Although, Scotty doesn't advertise his system increases HP, as with any other item I install and test, performance is a key factor...If his system, has a 1+% or greater reduction in EGT's to my current, system, I would be very happy. As you increase your HP levels, heat becomes a major player...&quot; its kinda like in my construction business, I tell my guys, look for &quot;PENNY&quot;S&quot; cost savings ideas, with out compromising quality.&quot; Small savings at first glance seem rediculious, but when you add them all up you start talking big $$$$$$'s. I take the same approach towards &quot;bombing&quot; my truck, a little here, a little there and pretty soon those little things put together make major (good) improvements to overall HP and performance.

Steve
Old 06-04-2003, 04:10 PM

The Scotty 2 doesn't by itself add HP but it does allow more HP to be used while keeping the heat(EGTs) down. If someone could put a HP # to 100 Deg of EGT I guess you could say the Scotty 2 does make more HP.<br><br>Here is the bottom line the Scotty 2 like all the other mods I have done to keep the EGTs in check, just allow me to add more fuel to keep my HP addiction a going.