Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Adrenaline problems I think?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 12:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Adrenaline problems I think?

I have had my adrenaline since May, and everything works great except every once and a while the truck will just up and quit running, you can crank and crank on it and all it will do is puff a little white smoke and act like it is getting no fuel, as soon as you unplug the adrenaline it fires right back up without even one whole crank like nothing happened, plug the box back in and it runs perfect for another few weeks. I called quadzilla and they said they didn't know what the problem could be so they just sent me a new box and I am having the same problem, no codes are showing up and it doesn't seem to have any consistency to when it quits, full throttle, coasting, idleing, doesn't matter when it decides to quit it just does and won't start until you unplug the adrenaline. I only have one idea and I don't even know if it would cause my problem, I think my map sensor is going bad because the adrenaline is always reading 6 psi of boost even with the truck off, I don't know it that would cause it or not, but any suggsestions are appriciated!

Thanks
Chris
Old 09-03-2008, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the wire tapped in your fuse box secure? Is the box getting a good connection on your positive battery terminal? Make sure your wire tap is SECURE on the VP44.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could be a bad connection to the #9 fuse in the cab.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if it reads 6 psi at idle then you need to check if a circuit jumper is correctly installed inside the module. call qz tech support talk with jeremy and he should be able to guide you through the process. I have heard of guys that have 01/02 trucks whose module didn't have the jumper fully seated (probably ups throwin packages around) and that caused the boost reading to read higher than normal at idle.

you should also check you p/n
Old 09-07-2008, 08:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the replies,
As far as the wire tap I am fairly certian it is secure, I had a problem with it before and the truck wasn't getting fuel fuel and was missing under heavy throttle, I fixed that so I am under the assumption the wire tap is okay, I checked the battery terminal and it is good, also checked the fuse tap and it's good too, I tried to wiggle it and see if there was any power loss but nothing, it seemed fine.
I haven't gotten around to calling quad about the thing with it always reading boost but thanks for the tip I'll call them and see what they say.

Chris