Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

12v for me? Again...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 05:15 AM
BDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12v for me? Again...

I started this thread over in the engine and drivetrain section and it was suggested that I post it here.

I am on the fence here and not knowing which way to fall off. I own a 97 powerstroke F350 and have been wanting to do a conversion for a long time now. I'm just not sure about how a 12v will fit into my style of use for my truck. I guess I have been somewhat spoiled with the electronic featues of a multi-position chip in my PCM and have concidered a CR for a conversion.

I use my truck for a daily driver, family ride, camper tow rig, and maintaining my properties by hauling everything under the sun. But I have a wild side aswell that involves sled pulling and drag racing for fun, not for competition. I just can't stomach the cost the PSD will be to get me to 550+hp 1000+tq. To do it safely and correctly for a PSD power house it would be approx $15,000+ to get me to my goals. What does it cost approx to get a 5.9 12v to achieve what I want. I would love to do some home built towing twins but don't want limit the use of my truck. What do the guys have to say about the daily drivability and general use of their 12v truck that are running twins? Are you guys limited on what you can do? I'm sure the adjustments made to the pump determine that but how offten are you adjusting it? I don't mind doing it for a drag race day or a sled pulling event...Just not doing it every weekend we decide to go camping.

I never had my hands into the p7100 before but with everything I have done in the last 10 years to PSD's I'm sure I could figure it out with some guidence from here.

Sorry so long....
Brent.