PADTR #15 Forum for the Pennsylvania chapter #15
View Poll Results: Where to have the second PA winter meet of '08?
Stop 35
5.88%
Hillside Cafe
70.59%
"The Lube" (QSL)
23.53%
other; please specify below
0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

PA Meet 2008 part II (3-9-08), Poll inside.. You pick it!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd prefer the Hillside Cafe - it's closest and the Peanut Butter pie is to die for.
What Dave said. I'm looking forward to another slice.

Hillside is my vote!

Scott
Old 02-24-2008, 10:39 PM

Crossy.. I was a little vague with my locations.

Hillside Cafe has an "Etters" address. Found right off exit 35 of I-83, or minutes south of the Harrisburg/Turnpike area. This favors the southern part of PA and possibly some Maryland members too. And Joisey just as well 'mon'.. Ya know what i mean??( I know several others that can get that accent A LOT better than i can) The more, the merrier!!

Stop 35 is "Mifflintown", right where rts. 35 and 22/322 cross. This location favors the centrally located members.

QSL is near Bloomsburg, address is actually "Buckhorn". One of the two exits off I-80 for Bloom. This is roughly one hour from the state line coming west on I-80.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by recone5
Its been awhile since I've been in the Hillside, but the last time I was there, there were some pretty good looking waitresses that I would not mind having them singing to me, and I'm sure schv would not either.
Even better!
Old 03-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks like im out for this one, something about missing ym brother birthday party would be a bad idea/
Old 03-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Gotta do what you gotta do, Mike.

nick17847: What's the official word on the location?
Old 03-02-2008, 09:31 AM

I'm hoping Hillside. Already looking forward to that PB pie!

Scott
Old 03-02-2008, 09:33 AM

Hillside for me as well
Old 03-02-2008, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by wannadiesel

nick17847: What's the official word on the location?
It'll be official Weds evening when the polls time out, And I'll be sure to let everyone know for sure, also be sure to spread word into the Maryland forums to alert them if it does end up at The Hillside.

Right now, I'm counting 20 votes for The Hillside and 14 for QSL, looks pretty certain that we know where it'll be...
Old 03-05-2008, 10:36 PM

Well folks, the results are in! Hillside had accumulated 20 votes and QSL had 18. Thanks for voting! These were taken from public polls on CompD, CumminsForum and DTR.

This Sunday, officially.. the location will be at THE HILLSIDE CAFE, 2 PM

I'm also going to start a fresh thread on this to grab the attention of Maryland members in their respective areas.. You may feel like you are seeing doubles... lol

Attn MD members: Meet N' Greet this Sunday in PA

That's right! This Sunday at 2 PM, location will be The Hillside Cafe located right along I-83 (exit 35) just south of Harrisburg. E-Z ON/OFF. This place is an awesome steakhouse, the MD-TDC recently held our annual holiday dinner there back in December. Weather should be decent Sunday, the flood waters will have receded and should be a good opportunity to come out for a good dinner, meet your fellow forum members, pop some hoods and possibly spread some of this diesel disease. It's always a sight-to-see, about 10-20 of our trucks all parked side by side in the parking lot.. displays the brethren that we all have in common!

Don't be afraid to bring the whole family either, or any other diesel owners. It's open to all diesel makes and this restaurant provides a family atmosphere. If you would like to preview the menu or see the pics of this place, feel free to visit their website;
http://www.hillsidecafe.net/
Old 03-09-2008, 09:16 PM

A big thanks to everyone who made it out this afternoon, the food was right on par! Was also nice meeting a few members that are new to these types of get-togethers here.. Next up, Spring Fling May 17/18th!!

Only two members from south of the Mason-Dixon line, Ymustang and CetaneFreak! Special kudos go out to CetaneFreak and his female guest for bringing the nice camera and making the trip from Va.. A real daily driver, strong running truck too!!

Any pictures taken, please try to get them posted up when you can. Hammer missed out on the dirtiest truck award, it was stolen by Big Angry! LoL

Like I've hinted before.. I wouldn't mind just making these past two winter meets an annual thing and do away witrh the voting. One in January and one in March, one will be a Saturday deal and the other will be a Sunday.. and the two locations will be Bloomsburg's QSL & The Hillside. The Mason-Dixon holiday dinner may possibly get moved into January and if so, I'll be sure to stear clear and not cram the schedule..

Thanks again!!
Old 03-09-2008, 10:59 PM
The 'Ford does not own Cummins' enforcer.

i spent 4.07 a gal of go go juice just so i could come out there and it was worth every penny......it was a pleasure meeting all of you and dave thanks for eating the dark choc of my peanut butter pie ......food was great people were great and trucks looked awesome.......i am lookin forward to the next meet

thanks again nick for setting this up
Old 03-10-2008, 09:55 PM

Thanks Nick for putting this together, it was good to see some familiar faces again and meet some new guys. Thanks for letting me hangout with the Cummins crowd.
schv, that truck of yours is awesomely gorgeous. I almost wanted to drive my Chevy to a Dodge dealer and get me one. Very very nice.
Good seeing everyone again!

Ted
Old 03-12-2008, 06:15 PM
The 'Ford does not own Cummins' enforcer.

is there anymore pics of this meet? i know that one lady's finger had to be hurting all she was doing was snapping pics lol
Old 03-12-2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by SmokemS
is there anymore pics of this meet? i know that one lady's finger had to be hurting all she was doing was snapping pics lol
Sure is! Maybe now you can update your avatar with a new pic of the TWIN stacks??...

In addition to Hammer's pics.. Cetanefreak has a collection of REAL good photos, you know.. They brought the GOOD camera!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cetanefreek/