PADTR #15 Forum for the Pennsylvania chapter #15
View Poll Results: Where to have the second PA winter meet of '08?
Stop 35
5.88%
Hillside Cafe
70.59%
"The Lube" (QSL)
23.53%
other; please specify below
0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

PA Meet 2008 part II (3-9-08), Poll inside.. You pick it!

Old 02-16-2008, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PA Meet 2008 part II (3-9-08), Poll inside.. You pick it!

Well.. fellow PA'ers we got a solid 2 months of winter doldrums yet.. And I'd like to squeeze one more meet & greet here before the weather breaks... And the drag strips open, spring fling dyno competition, sled pulling, bar-b-qs etc...

I've pre-selected SUNDAY, March 9th @ 2 PM as the big day. This is two weeks before Easter Sunday. The location is up to you! I have about 3 good locations in mind, the 4th will be "other" and you will need to forward your input into a post. I prefer easy to find locations with worthy food that can suit anyone. The real crux of this date is that last year, we at CumminsForum met at Stop 35 in Mifflintown on March 10th.

My selections are as follows..

- Stop 35

- Hillside Cafe

- QuakerSteak & Lube

Stop 35 is a rather centrally located truckstop of Juniata county. The restaurant is homestyle cooking.

If you like steak , you've gotta visit this place. Hillside Cafe just south of Harrisburg on I-83. The Mason-Dixon club held our annual holiday dinner there back in early December and i personally witnessed Big Angry and Hammer consume one cow a piece! This place does know how to serve up a steak. This location is rather closer for our Maryland members also.

"The Lube" (QSL) housed our recent meet n' greet on Jan. 19th. This is a must visit for any real motor head! This is located near Bloomsburg right off I-80. I would like to personally thank each member who made this last meet, and making it a success. I will do so below.

So there you have it, this is up to the viewers choice. My selections do favor a central..southern..eastern area type of triangle and i know there are several members in this whole area. So show some member support and try to make it out to shake a few hands. Make your decision based on appetite or driving distance.. It's viewer's choice.

Now, the last meet at QSL.. We had 13 trucks and 22 members show.

jdjanetka and wife with the gorgeous green '95, The Garofalo brothers (Nick and Mike) and Ron from NEPA with the truck that had 8" garbage cans for stacks!, mojo1578 and wife with the sleek '02, DBrink455 and guest with the silver 04 with projector beams, myself, Hammer, JDog56 with the work looking wild truck, Arch and his wife with the flat-bedded first gen, Dave with his club cab '96 (he's the one that has a bad hairday ..everyday), Colton? with the 07 dually, RacinJason with the clean red 24 valve, the lifted Superduty with a 12 valve and Sledpuller and SmokenOlds5.7 for representing the western part of the state! Again.. i thank you all for making the January meet a success. Now it's time for installment #2.. Let's have it!!

Last edited by nick17847; 02-17-2008 at 12:43 AM. Reason: wrong Easter info
Old 02-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I'd be up for any of them but I'd prefer the Hillside Cafe - it's closest and the Peanut Butter pie is to die for.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i would like to come but can not make it on Sundays. If it was on Saturday then i would be down for it. Location does not matter to me i will drive anywhere.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:14 AM
madhat's monkey boy...

Looks like the Hill Side is doing better here than on Cummins Forum

It would be nice to meet up at an event this Spring-early Summer. Maybe Beaver Springs, Mason Dixon, Maple Grove, The Buck, Shippensburg fairgrounds etc. Somewhere you could hang out and BS without jamming up a entire parking lot. Just my .02 because I go all those places anyway
Old 02-17-2008, 01:01 AM

Archer.. I sensed some informal complaints around the last meet being on a Saturday.. Some people have work.. And i respect that, same things can tie folks up on Sundays,, Church events, family things, etc.. So i figured this would be double-sided. If this turns out to be a success, I may try the same protocol again next winter. One Saturday and one Sunday for the two meets. I like your attitude though.. I know fuel is like $3.50 a gallon, but it's nice to take a little drive sometimes and see some new faces, especially ones with distinctly similar likings in what powers their trucks!

Matego, I figured it could be a close one.. CF is 1,1,2,1 at this time! Obviously in the end.. the result will be tallied from all the forums combined that have been posted to. Hey.. at the last meet (The Lube), we ended up standing there yakking 'til after it got dark. Was 6 PM and chilly but worth it
Old 02-17-2008, 03:49 AM

I'd have to say Stop 35 probs the closet to me!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:03 AM

I can definitely make it - and Hillside is my vote....
Old 02-21-2008, 06:40 AM

Thumbs up

Hillside is five miles from my house and March 9th is my B-Day.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Nick, since I'm from joisey could you give a town for each of the places. I'm sure i must be closest to Hillside if Wannadiesel is. crossy
Old 02-21-2008, 01:08 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by crossy
Nick, since I'm from joisey could you give a town for each of the places. I'm sure i must be closest to Hillside if Wannadiesel is. crossy
http://www.hillsidecafe.net/

It is right off the Turnpike and should not be terribly bad depending on where you are coming from Jersey.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm actually in South Jersey near the Delaware bridge
Old 02-22-2008, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by recone5
Hillside is five miles from my house and March 9th is my B-Day.
Really??? It's my B-Day too...
Old 02-22-2008, 10:43 AM

I unfortauntly cant make it. I'll be up in lake placid that week. However if any of you have doubts about that hillside cafe. dont its a great place.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:27 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by schv
Really??? It's my B-Day too...
You 2 know you messed up if you are going to the meet. Now you are going to get all the restaurant staff singing the b-day song to you and I am sure it can be arranged to be quite an embarrassing moment.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:16 PM

Its been awhile since I've been in the Hillside, but the last time I was there, there were some pretty good looking waitresses that I would not mind having them singing to me, and I'm sure schv would not either.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PA Meet 2008 part II (3-9-08), Poll inside.. You pick it!