Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Is your dog "blacklisted"?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
YOU need to read this thread and get off your high horse. Why can't people debate something without getting all riled up? Geez people. You forgot to mention that German Shepherds attack more people than pitts do. How come their not in the media all the time? Oh yea, they're police dogs too.
I have read this thread, and I am HARDLY on my high horse! Don't like it that I have an opinion?? TOO BAD!! I am not riled up a bit, at least not until you opened your mouth.

Spunbearing,
Never once did I say that a pitt is worthless dog, and I'm sure that the breed performs a variety of useful functions as you have posted. All I'm saying is that it's a bit much to assume every attack is the fault of a bad owner. (is it okay that I have an opinion Pantera, or do I need to check with you first?).

Either way, you boys enjoy your dogs.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:20 AM

Here's my little killer...and his dogs, too!

Old 10-31-2006, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by banshee
I have read this thread, and I am HARDLY on my high horse! Don't like it that I have an opinion?? TOO BAD!! I am not riled up a bit, at least not until you opened your mouth.

Spunbearing,
Never once did I say that a pitt is worthless dog, and I'm sure that the breed performs a variety of useful functions as you have posted. All I'm saying is that it's a bit much to assume every attack is the fault of a bad owner. (is it okay that I have an opinion Pantera, or do I need to check with you first?).

Either way, you boys enjoy your dogs.
All that I'm telling you is this Banshee..... I've been working with pitbulls for over 20 years and I've only run across one that seemed even the slightest bit dangerous and untrainable to me. That dog turned out to have a brain tumor and I had her put down. I can tell you with all certainty that my dogs would never even THINK about biting someone. It's not an option. Most people are owned by their dogs and have no control of their dogs. My dogs know who is in control and they are good ambassadors for their breed. I know that I'm not going to change anybodys mind. I'm not a writer or even a good speaker. I'm frankly not very good with words and sometimes I get frustrated that I can't express myself better. I just hope that maybe a few of you know a little bit more about the breed than you did before. I was approached by a National Geographic writer about a year and a half ago that had heard about my dogs and wanted to write a story. I was afraid that it would become a hit piece. In retrospect I should have just invited the guy over and let my dogs speak for themselves. It hurts my soul how these dogs are so abused. I've seen pits that were run over, stabbed, and set on fire. And they still will lick your hand. Sometimes I think that people are seeing a different dog than I'm seeing. You have to try pretty hard to break the heart and dignity of these dogs. I wish that I had the heart of a pitbull.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:48 PM

All I'm saying is that it's a bit much to assume every attack is the fault of a bad owner.

So far, I've not seen any links to stories in this thread where the 'pit bull' itself is at fault. If the dog is offlead and roaming, then it's the owner's fault right off the bat, IMO. Second, whoever explained the situation in which the dog attacked the man who made the forward movement (which the dog deemed aggressive) is correct. However, it's the dog's owner's fault that the situation ever happened for letting it run around loose jumping on people. If the dog had been onlead, and the man had made an aggressive action, only then would I place blame on the man who was attacked.
Anyone who owns a dog needs to understand and control the animal. Letting it run loose and then not having to take responsibility when an accident occurs should not be acceptable to any of us.

Chris
Old 10-31-2006, 02:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A follow-up story to the Porter, TX attack - HERE.

Rusty
Old 10-31-2006, 02:25 PM

No Comment.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...9/ai_n16161493
Old 10-31-2006, 02:37 PM

Theres a link where the 'pit bull' itself is at fault...
Old 10-31-2006, 02:44 PM

If you have the stomach look at the pictures ( 6 pages) of what pitbulls in this country are forced to endure by their owners. If you ask me humans are the more dangerous animal.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/sadreality.php

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 10-31-2006, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by spunbearing
If you have the stomach look at the pictures ( 6 pages) of what pitbulls in this country are forced to endure by their owners. If you ask me humans are the more dangerous animal.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/sadreality.php

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
That really doesn't relate to pitbulls attacking 2 kids who are knockin on doors selling candy....

That is very sad tho.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:13 PM

I was semi-attacked by a pitbull a few years ago. I went to a machine shop to have a throttle body spacer bored, and when I opened the front door to the business two dogs immediately charged me. One was a pitbull that proceeded to take a bite out of my leg. Luckily for me it bit then backed off. But if I had my 3-yr old son with me it could have been tragic.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I think this one is done.