Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Y'all Come Breakroom July 28 - Aug 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 04:06 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Y'all Come Breakroom July 28 - Aug 3

Where are y'all? New week, fresh breakroom, fresh coffee and various fruit juices and some yummy freshly baked Key Lime Pie. Come get it.

Busy week coming up. Lotsa stuff going on - - just get my back working right and might be fun. Grabbing a fattening fritter and get out of
here before I go for another one - - on a diet right now so don't tell the blonde I ate that fritter...…….

NaughtyBob
Old 07-29-2019, 09:30 AM

Received 451 Likes on 343 Posts
Mornin Y'all! Thanks for the goddies Bob. Been cool and a little rainy up here, great news for the fires. Sorry about the smoke. Seen it on the evening news as to how far it has spread. Can't blame it all on us though. The Canuks are smoking thing up too. Crazy at work this week. A third of the fleet is down, mostly inspections. We did have two break out in the middle of now where (the Alaska version). One major fuel leak on the North Slope. We are hoping the spar didn't crack. Another in the Norton Sound area, shishkabobbed by a fork lift. Hard to find qualified people to go work on them. Know of any A&P mechanics, preferably with an IA that want to live and work in AK?
Old 07-29-2019, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by cougar
Mornin Y'all! Thanks for the goddies Bob. Been cool and a little rainy up here, great news for the fires. Sorry about the smoke. Seen it on the evening news as to how far it has spread. Can't blame it all on us though. The Canuks are smoking thing up too. Crazy at work this week. A third of the fleet is down, mostly inspections. We did have two break out in the middle of now where (the Alaska version). One major fuel leak on the North Slope. We are hoping the spar didn't crack. Another in the Norton Sound area, shishkabobbed by a fork lift. Hard to find qualified people to go work on them. Know of any A&P mechanics, preferably with an IA that want to live and work in AK?
That pipeline is an amazing piece of equipment (searching for a better word for it) to see it and how it operates. To that wandering up and down mountains
and thru valleys blows my mind. Love it up there in the summer, but don't think I want to be there in the winter and certainly not working outside. Cherish
my memories of being there twice for a total of 6 months.

Typical summer day in Florida today -- sunshine, then some thunder and short rain, and back out with the sun and bounced up the humidity. Phew. Got
a lot of office work done today and cleaning up my desk - - what a slob. Light week this week then back at it the week after. Grabbing a ph00 and
getting out of here.

Bob
Old 07-30-2019, 10:31 AM

Winter is the best time up here. The lack of roads are no longer an issue, you can go anywhere. The tourists are gone, the newbee's are huddled next to their heaters. It's great! Another beautiful day. Back out to the cabin.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:21 PM

We felt May and September were the best months. All the RV parks and free campgrounds were empty, restaurants were empty, roads were empty.
Made it fun going wherever whenever with no hassles. Ferry coming back in late September had lots of room on it for the RV. Sure hit a humdinger
of a snow storm in late September in Glacier Pass. Wow, those snow flakes were so big they would knock you down - - - uuuhhh, well = almost.

Lazy day today mostly on the computer cleaning files and getting stuff ready for a big reunion. Grabbed the last of the ph00 and cleaned
the pot - - probably no one wanting any this late. ………………..
Old 07-31-2019, 10:28 AM

Cool morning at 45°, supposed to get back up to 70°. Got the storage (pantry) cabinets up and the wife is filling them up. Nice to see the wire racks out of the kitchen. It is really starting to open up inside. Need to make a few more shelves for the cabinets today. We are aiming at moving in sometime in August. Most of what's left in the rental is going to the dump. There is stuff that made it out to the cabin that is going to the dump too. Some stuff will need to go to a storage unit in town. How did we manage to fill 2 20 foot Connex boxes with "stuff".
Hard to predict the seasons around here, I've seen snow as late, or early as July and a false spring in January. Tourist season can be boom or bust, it's getting harder to predict which RV parks and camp grounds will be open anymore. One campground a couple miles from me has closed permanently along with an RV park near the Parks/Glenn split.
Old 07-31-2019, 04:22 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Just finished lunch and thought I would drop by and see what is happening in the DTR world and have a quick coffee.

What is this? A clean coffee pot? Been coming here for many years and never found a clean pot yet. This is an amazing first. Normally all the pots here are a few steps past grungy. Too late to make a new pot of coffee, so will leave this clean pot to gather dust until tomorrow.

My wife for lunch made a big pot of chicken Mexican Mole. If you have never tasted mole, you do not know what you are missing. She made it in her Thermomix. Now there is an amazing machine! It saves her many hours of work in the kitchen. Had the mole over some rice. Very tasty and very filling. Not all mole is created equal, but the recipe my wife tried today was outstanding. Some of you may find this a bit too spicy, but for me it was super delicious. If you do not know what Mexican Mole is or a Thermomix, Google them.

Still fantastic weather down here, but not as much rain as normal for this time of year.

Bob, sounds like you are on the mend. Good for you.

No news from Scotty. Hope this means that good things are happening for him and that soon he will be back here with good news.

Time for a siesta.

Ciao.

Edit: no idea why the text size is so large. Can't see how to reduce it to normal size.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:25 PM

Whew - - - end of a busy day mostly on the peuter -- - and my fanny is telling me about it. No ph00, but pretty late for it now. Just wanted
to say b00 and see what was happening. Stan has to make us all hungry. Always remember my trips into Mexico and the good food. I
can't handle much hot stuff, but sure love the flavors of the stuff I can eat. Just have to watch those craze drivers down there. Wow.
Coming up that Baja highway with 53' of rig got real interesting. Right tires were running right on the edge of a sharp 12" drop off on
a two lane highway about 18' wide max with the 18 wheelers hogging the roads on the curves. Got real interesting at times. But
sure quite the experience. Gorgeous camping right on the beach about 10' from the water of the bay.

Scotty - - - his surgeon has returned from vacation and spent last week catching up with operations ahead of Scotty. Have not heard
from him today - - maybe he is off to Toronto - - hope so. Keeping saying prayers for him, gang. He has a new bulge expanding at the
problem spot. He needs help quick.

Going to shut this thing down - - my eyes are starting to glaze over. Need to get out of here and go relax. Have a good sleep.

Bob
Old 08-01-2019, 06:22 AM

Morning all - - - just got a note from Scotty. His wonderful "government run, free for everone" health system in Canada has failed again. His local
imaging group did not forward his pictures to Toronto to the surgeon who will be doing the operation. Scotty had to run around town, personally take
the images and ship them to the surgeon. Now ii is wait for surgeon to read them and set it up. GGGRRRR Oh Goody, I think we should all vote
for someone who will support government run health care at no cost for everyone including the millions of illegal immigrants in our nation.

OK, shut up, Bob. I just put on fresh coffee and ph00 and brought in some fresh apple and orange juice to help get the fresh pastries down.

Bobby