Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Good Nights Sleep Breakroom Aug 21 - Aug 27

Old 08-21-2016, 11:06 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Good Nights Sleep Breakroom Aug 21 - Aug 27

Decided to do something a little more comfortable in the break room. You will notice the hard chairs have been replaced with comfy recliners complete with comforters. The coffee has been replaced with hot coco, regular and sugar free. Put up some nice soothing pictures on the wall and appropriate nap time music on the speakers. Even brought in a made to order fire resistant bed for the dragon. Changed the filters in the HVAC system to get rid of that dirty feet smell.
Have a nice nap.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:08 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Whoa....it no longer smells like a locker room in here

Good Job Cougar
Old 08-21-2016, 02:13 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Good job! I popped in and snuck back out quietly...Thought I was in the wrong room!
Old 08-21-2016, 02:24 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey Coug - - ya did good, looks much nicer. Only one problem - - can't drink coco, so made a pot of ph00 and going to sit a while and relax. Been running since 6 this morning - - time to rest my footsies.

..............................ph00............................:c ool:
Old 08-21-2016, 02:37 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
G'day. Been up since early this morning, but only checked in here now. Wasn't sure if I was in right place as I have never seen it look like this or smell that good. I just may stay for a while. The dragon is looking confused.

Been fighting a brake light problem with my truck for a couple of years now. When I stepped on the brake, the brake lights would not come on for almost 3 seconds. Taking my foot off the pedal caused the brakes lights not to go off for about 3 seconds. A 5 star Dodge dealer in Texas after spending almost a full day on this admitted defeat, even after contacting STAR. At least they had the decency to not charge me. Yesterday I pulled out the electrical schematics, examined them closely, then went out to truck and in 5 minutes found and fixed the problem. So much for the know-all experts at trained stealerships fixing problems!
Old 08-22-2016, 09:46 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Night's long gone, get up and get at em. Cawfee and ph00 are on. Dragon's fed. Fried eggs in green pepper rings on the stove.

Stan, Just for grins and giggles, what was the problem with the brake lights.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:42 AM

Yeh, Stan - - share a bit here, buddy. Might happen to me, or others, or maybe not - - still................

Been in lanai since before daybreak cleaning gutters, pressure cleaning framing and screens and pavers and on and on. About 2/3 done, but boy my shoulder hurts holding that nozzle way up in the air. Wish they could figure out what is going on with that thing.

Grabbing a ph00 and back at it after grabbing a snack. .................
Old 08-22-2016, 01:13 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

This is for you guys that wanted to know how I fixed my brake light problem;

The circuit for the brake lights itself is pretty basic, but the circuit for the trailer brakes and the trailer lights is a bit more complex. To trouble shoot the problem, I decided to break it into two parts, the basic circuit and the trailer circuit. I have the official Dodge electrical diagrams. Looking at the basic circuit, the only part that I could see that could remotely cause my problem was the 15 amp main fuse (Fuse #24). My thinking was that just maybe by a long stretch of the imagination, that the fuse was bad or had a bad connection, therefore causing a capacitor effect when coming on. However that would not account for the off delay. Anyway, I pulled the fuse to check it and to my surprise it was blown. What the ......???????!!!!! Installed a new fuse and everything worked just fine. That simple.

Now I was puzzled, how could the brake lights work with a blown fuse? Took another look at the circuit diagram and although I did not bother to trace it completely, it appears that the trailer brake circuit can provide a feedback loop to the basic brake light circuit, hence providing power after a few seconds delay. Still not quite sure why the brake lights did not go off immediately, but somewhere in the trailer circuit it seemingly creates some sort of a capacitor effect within the feedback loop.

Now you have the rest of the story ............. Wonder why the Dodge gurus and STAR could not figure something like this out?

Was out all morning driving around and when I came home, checked the brake lights again and they are still working perfectly.

Bob, why don't you hire an illegal to do that kind of work?
Old 08-22-2016, 09:30 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
'nuther day shot to pot.

Stan, I have a fancy relay setup in my fiver to power the lights on the second trailer. You should have seen the light show that occurred when a tail light ground let go on the fiver.

I put in some isolation diodes so that won't happen again.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:52 AM

Good morning. I know, I know, it's too early, but if I am up, then you should be too. Coffee and ph00 awaits. That's yesterday's coffee and ph00. One of you lazy bums that arrive here later can make something fresh.

Got to be on the road in just over an hour, so going to shower and have something to eat.

L8tr
Old 08-23-2016, 06:41 AM

Morning gang - - gorgeous morning today, wonderful big red sunset last night. Going to be warm again today but a front moving in from the south, but does not look very strong. Yes, lazy Stan, I made fresh coffee and ph00 and brought more of Marian's Baked French Bread with blueberry syrup. Yummy.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Bob, why don't you hire an illegal to do that kind of work?
I sometimes wonder who all is on the yard crew - - all Mexican descent and I have to use "Mexican" to talk with several of them. Good gang.

Off to another doc today who is going to electrocute me. Trying to figure what is going in my shoulder and why my hand is numb. Hate it. Air bag arrived yesterday for my hitch, now the joy of installing, testing, then get it off the bench and clean up the garage before the blonde throws me out. It is OK when "my" bench is a mess, but she is not happy when "hers" is a mess also.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:55 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
BobbyDependable, is it the radial nerve that might have impinged?
Had that with the shoulder issues.
Became separate issue with surgery to release adhesions on the radial nerve.

Left knee started crunching. Surgeon said he expected me back in 3-5 yrs and it's now 12 yrs.
X-rays show lots of broken pieces and a real mess.
See surgeon again and discuss a scope.

Not looking good.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:46 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Heck Scotty...that is nothing we can't fix with a hammer and chisel...and a torch and needle nose pliers
Old 08-25-2016, 09:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Woke up hungry, had coffee, and came to work. Decided on an early lunch of pulled pork. We have a deli just down from work that is amazing!
Old 08-25-2016, 05:38 PM

Good morning, er, um, sorry, good afternoon. Too busy to drop by and check on the shenanigans here. Just finished lunch and helping with the washing up after the family came to graze and bellyache. Seems like it was a bad day for everybody. My wife's oldest said that he was going to note this date down and next year on this date, not even going to get out of bed.

Originally Posted by j_martin

Stan, I have a fancy relay setup in my fiver to power the lights on the second trailer. You should have seen the light show that occurred when a tail light ground let go on the fiver.

I put in some isolation diodes so that won't happen again.

In other words, strange and wonderful things happen with feedbacks.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Off to another doc today who is going to electrocute me. Trying to figure what is going in my shoulder and why my hand is numb. Hate it. Air bag arrived yesterday for my hitch, now the joy of installing, testing, then get it off the bench and clean up the garage before the blonde throws me out. It is OK when "my" bench is a mess, but she is not happy when "hers" is a mess also.

Well, were you electrocuted? You have a his and hers bench in the garage????? Do you also have a his and her table in the kitchen?

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Heck Scotty...that is nothing we can't fix with a hammer and chisel...and a torch and needle nose pliers

Where is the duct tape in this list?
Scotty, that looks horrible. Hope that it ends up not being too bad to fix permanently.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good Nights Sleep Breakroom Aug 21 - Aug 27