Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Wounded warriors project

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Exclamation Wounded warriors project

Ok so I either live under a rock or the word is not out yet. I ordered some Wounded Warriors Project gear from Under Armour, and not only is it awesome gear a portion of the proceedes go to the WWP. You can also buy a backpack full of gear that gets sent directly to a Wounded Vetran.

I have never seen any of the gear on anyone. I learned of the project on a fishing show. It seems Under Armour hasnt as of yet launched a large scale promotion on the gear. So go to their site and type in Wounded Warrior Project and buy some gear, support the troops, and spread the word.

Heck I have had more comments on my WWP sweatshirt than I ever get from my USMC gear.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
thats sweet Ryan. Going to check it out. Spread the word too on May 7th here in Albuquerque is the 4th annual Families of Fallen Soldiers Dyno fund raiser. We need as many trucks as we can get. All the money goes to Military Order of Purple Hearts and pays for the travel and lodging expenses for families to go to a memorial to be honored.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RyeThomas,

I wear some of ther products and have not heard of this project. This seems like a very nice gesture on the part of Under Armour. I have attached a link to the Wounded Warriors Project for others to review. Thanks for your service to our country.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/e...dom/gear-packs
Old 02-05-2011, 04:34 PM

Great job gents, this is awesome. More events and more people becoming aware of ways to help and say thank to our Vetrans, and Active duty troops.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a group of close to 10,000 Navy Chief Petty Officers (active, reserve and retired) who are raising money for the WWP right now.

You wouldn't get any goochie UnderArmor clothes out of the deal, but if you donate through this link .... you will help us reach our goal of $5,000.00.

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraise...arrior-project

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 02-07-2011, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
There is a group of close to 10,000 Navy Chief Petty Officers (active, reserve and retired) who are raising money for the WWP right now.

You wouldn't get any goochie UnderArmor clothes out of the deal, but if you donate through this link .... you will help us reach our goal of $5,000.00.

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraise...arrior-project

Cheers,
PISTOL
AHHHH? I wouldnt consider a hooded sweatshirt or t-shirt a goochie item. I will say every time I have worn it in public I get comments and questions. It simply helps raise awareness.

Good cause and link you put up, I hope you smash $5000.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:28 PM

I think that stuff is pretty goochie ... was issued some UA stuff as uniform items ... wear it quite often still !!

We're over half way to our goal and only took 3 days to get there ... it's open to all who want to donate (not just Navy Chiefs).

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 02-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
you know them Navy guys Ryan, they have to have their names embroidered on their back sides! LOL

I will stop right there Pistol! LOL
Old 02-08-2011, 05:37 AM

Hahaha ... yep, my mommy used to stencil my name on my Superman underoos when I was a kid. The Navy was a natural fit after that...

Cheers,
PISTOL