Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Woods Belly Mower Belt ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 08:06 PM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
Question Woods Belly Mower Belt ???

Does anyone have a routing diagram that shows how to thread the belt on a 5-foot WOODS three-blade belly-mower that goes under a 25-HP R2500 Mitsubishi ??

This mower has the three-groove pulley on the center blade and all three blades must turn the same direction, contrary-to-clock-wise looking down at the pulleys from above.

There is a flat-groove idler-pulley located on the right side of that rear-most pivoting bracket that runs parallel to the axle.

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Have you tried here yet?

http://www.woodsequipment.com/
Old 08-22-2009, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Have you tried here yet?

http://www.woodsequipment.com/

Thanks.

Why didn't that come up when I searched it ??

Thanks.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:53 PM

Talking Now That's Alright !!!

One thing for sure, a 25-HP diesel tractor with a 5-foot Woods belly-mower sure beats a 12-1/2-HP 42" riding-mower !!!!

I hauled the mower home with a bunch of brackets, pulleys, chains, and pins laying on top of it.

Were it not for being able to look at numerous pictures on the internet, I would still be under there scratching my head.

I found a $10 belt-routing decal for sale on one of the sites and was able to strain my eyes and see enough to make out the belt-routing from that.

One mystery though :

While the belt was all in one piece, the wife and I stretched it out and got a good measurement, for when it slings off and spits itself out from under the blades in a dozen un-recognizable pieces.

The belt is just a long normal loop like any other belt.

BUT, after routing it around all of the pulleys, and making sure that it isn't twisted anywhere, the section on the right rear, from the bottom pulley where it changes directions, to the center blade pulley, has a complete twist in the belt.

I have examined it everywhich way and re-threaded it twice, and it still ends up with that one twist.

Twist and all, it cuts like a new pair of scissors, so I guess it will work.

Is this twist just something that one must live with on a belly-mower, as I see no way to eliminate it ??

Thanks.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by BearKiller
One thing for sure, a 25-HP diesel tractor with a 5-foot Woods belly-mower sure beats a 12-1/2-HP 42" riding-mower !!!!

Sure does...... a 39 hp with a 110" finish mower is even better.
Attached Thumbnails Woods Belly Mower Belt ???-kubota-3930-izzy-004.jpg  
Old 08-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by BearKiller

I hauled the mower home with a bunch of brackets, pulleys, chains, and pins laying on top of it.

Were it not for being able to look at numerous pictures on the internet, I would still be under there scratching my head.

I found a $10 belt-routing decal for sale on one of the sites and was able to strain my eyes and see enough to make out the belt-routing from that.

One mystery though :

While the belt was all in one piece, the wife and I stretched it out and got a good measurement, for when it slings off and spits itself out from under the blades in a dozen un-recognizable pieces.

The belt is just a long normal loop like any other belt.

BUT, after routing it around all of the pulleys, and making sure that it isn't twisted anywhere, the section on the right rear, from the bottom pulley where it changes directions, to the center blade pulley, has a complete twist in the belt.

I have examined it everywhich way and re-threaded it twice, and it still ends up with that one twist.

Twist and all, it cuts like a new pair of scissors, so I guess it will work.

Is this twist just something that one must live with on a belly-mower, as I see no way to eliminate it ??

Thanks.
Consider yourself lucky. All the mowers I have worked on have had twists in the belts, some are very particular as to where that twist is........ run her!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
yup, had a 1950 farmall super A with a 60'' woods belly mower. Belt had the twist. Nature of the beast, from all the reading I did at the time. Enjoy! I mowed for a long time with that setup!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by patdaly
Consider yourself lucky. All the mowers I have worked on have had twists in the belts, some are very particular as to where that twist is........ run her!
Originally Posted by G1625S
yup, had a 1950 farmall super A with a 60'' woods belly mower. Belt had the twist. Nature of the beast, from all the reading I did at the time. Enjoy! I mowed for a long time with that setup!

I have been mowing where I should really be bush-hogging; weeds plumb over my head, and it just eats right through them.

I wouldn't be doing it, though, if it didn't get mowed a couple times a year and I know that there isn't any trees, stumps, etc. in there.

I had been looking for a small tractor that I could afford, hopefully already equipped with a belly-mower, and only dreaming of having a loader, let alone one with a hydraulic bucket and down-pressure.

I figured I would find a tractor, probably having to settle for a gas-burner, then have to hunt up a belly-mower, and still just dream about the loader.

Then less than two-miles from the house, this 1972 Mitsubishi 2-cyl. diesel shows up with a FOR SALE sign, with a loader already on it.

When I stopped to have a look, sitting in the weeds behind the tractor was a Woods belly-mower with all the pieces/parts just piled on top of it, and behind that were two huge like-new turf-tires/rims (there were two brand-new long-bar/short-bar 11.2x24s already on the rear).

In a matter of minutes, I owned the whole works.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Sure does...... a 39 hp with a 110" finish mower is even better.

Show off,