Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

what next?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry what next?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051109/...cisco_measures

Can't someone dig a trench and send Commiefornia off into the Pacific?
Old 11-09-2005, 11:23 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TPilaske
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051109/...cisco_measures

Can't someone dig a trench and send Commiefornia off into the Pacific?
Hey, if those idiots want to vote away first ammendment rights, more power to em' I guess.
I am toting all day today because of a large cash bank transaction. I suppose people in San Fran never get held up though huh??

Sad.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:45 AM

i think its good idea. with all the "intelligent" people out there who cant even control their 4000# vehicles, why let them have a loaded weapon? too bad there isnt some sort of common sense test to allow the individuals that deserve/respect a weapon to have them. same goes for vehicles...
Old 11-09-2005, 12:57 PM

As long as they keep that crap in CA I don't care what they do. I just hope it isn't a start to something nationwide.

A lot of those kinds of people are moving into MT to get a way from that lifestyle. Then, after a year or so they become bored and try to make MT just like the place they left. Go figure. They aren't getting my guns though.

I wish we could get some winter like we used to. Less people would move here and that would be fine with me.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the words of one of the editors from the San Fran Chronicle " most San Fran people prefer to be thought of as niether Californians of part of the USA". Thats good cause us non SF people dont wanna be associated with them either. I think Id rather have Tijuana there in its place. at least I could get a real dog or cat burrito.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Banned

The better be glad I don't like in Cali cause when the police come to my door to take my guns I'm gonna open fire with every last one I have. This is complete and total bull. What I wouldn't give to have the founding fathers brought back to life so they could see what their country is doing. I doubt they'd recognize it. Anybody got a spare nuke laying around that we could use to blow cali away.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The gun ban prohibits the manufacture and sale of all firearms and ammunition in the city, and makes it illegal for residents to keep handguns in their homes or businesses.
Is this not unconstitutional??

Although law enforcement, security guards and others who require weapons for work are exempt from the measure, current handgun owners would have to surrender their firearms by April.
I can tell you one thing. If I lived in San Francisco I would either be moving or going to jail. "Cold dead hands" comes to mind.

I always knew I didn't like California.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Banned

It really depends on your interpretation of the constitution. Some believe that the constitution states that only the military can have guns. Others see it as citizens are allowed to carry guns. I guess we know where cali stands.

A coalition led by the National Rifle Association has said it plans to challenge the initiative in court, arguing that cities do not have the authority to regulate firearms under California law.
Looks like they agree with us.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:28 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlue
It really depends on your interpretation of the constitution. Some believe that the constitution states that only the military can have guns. Others see it as citizens are allowed to carry guns. I guess we know where cali stands.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

What part of "the people" is so hard to interpret??
Old 11-09-2005, 01:39 PM

thats a bunch of BS. that just makes me want to buy more guns........because i can . What states have banned the .50 cal BMG rifles besides california? Maryland maybe? Oklahoma is most definately a GUN state and i love it here.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:46 PM

And yet ANOTHER reason I'm glad I left Cali 10 years ago. Born and raised there, but I spend as little time as possible there now.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:46 PM

They better never come after my weapons.

I say tell San Fran to go back in the closet and take there gun bans with them.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:59 PM

Here's the other part of it that's irritating:

"The measure, dubbed "College Not Combat," opposes the presence of military recruiters at public high schools and colleges. However, it would not ban the armed forces from seeking enlistees at city campuses, since that would put schools at risk of losing federal funding."

Don't we have some old nukes to dispose of? Looks like we found the perfect place!
Old 11-09-2005, 02:01 PM

that didnt make sense to me whats the difference between a city campus and public highschool or college?
Old 11-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Banned

Let's see if the NRA can come through on this one like they did for the law abiding citizens of Louisiana after their top LEO decided to put our 2nd Amendment Rights out to pasture because the majority of his department went AWOL after Katrina!

See this link to read what the NRA-ILA is going to do. This one is far from over and will, no doubt, get pretty heated!

Quick Reply: what next?