Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

West Coast Water Cooler/ Breakroom for the DTR young

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 10:49 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Mornin' all!

It's a brisk 33* today.... Not too bad for the first week of October.....

Having heating oil delivered today. That's gonna hurt the wallet. $3.84/gal. This is the first time I've had it delivered in over 2 years. Been hauling it myself in 15gal drums.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Old Mopar Aficionado Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Humor for today

Newfoundlander Farmer:

A Newfoundland farmer named Angus had a car accident. He was hit by a truck owned by the Eversweet Company.

In court, the Eversweet Company's hot-shot solicitor was questioning Angus.

'Didn't you say to the RCMP at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine?' asked the solicitor.
Angus responded: 'Well, I'll tell you what happened. I'd just loaded my fav'rit cow, Bessie, into da.. '

'I didn't ask for anymore details', the solicitor interrupted. 'Just answer the question please. Did you not say, at the scene of the accident, 'I'm fine!'?'

Angus said, 'Well, I'd just got Bessie into da trailer, and I was drivin' down da road.... '

The solicitor interrupted again and said,'Your Honour, I am trying to establish the fact that, at the scene of the accident, this man told the police on the scene that he was fine, he was in fact Ok. Now several weeks after the accident, he is trying to sue my client. I believe he is a fraud. Please tell him to simply answer the question. '

By this time, the Judge was fairly interested in Angus' answer and said to the solicitor: 'I'd like to hear what he has to say about his favourite cow, Bessie'.

Angus thanked the Judge and proceeded. 'Well as I was saying, I had just loaded Bessie, my fav'rit cow, into de trailer and was drivin' her down de road when this huge Eversweet truck and trailer came tundering tru a stop sign, and hit me trailer right in da side. I was trown into one ditch and Bessie was trown into da udder. By Jaysus I was hurt, very bad like, and didn't want to move However, I could hear old Bessie moanin' and groanin'. I knew she was in terrible pain just by her groans.

Shortly after da accident, a policeman on a motorbike turned up. He could hear Bessie moanin' and groanin' too, so he went over to her. After he looked at her, and saw her condition, he took out his pistol and shot her right between the eyes.

Den da policeman came across de road, gun still in his hand, looked at me, and said, 'How are you feelin'?'

'Now in all honesty, wot da hell would you say?'
Old 10-07-2011, 03:02 PM

http://youtu.be/vnB_4Jtfy6A

Just a little video for Shorts, to let him see how it´s done.

Slev
Old 10-07-2011, 03:13 PM
DTR Mom

Wow, Cincy (if it didn't kill you, you will be stronger) you must be about superhuman right now....best of luck on the moving, at least there are no kids in school. God does move in unexplainable ways- maybe you will hit a farm just listed on the market. or call the place you thought would sell, to ask once more. I could visit them.....

still worried about Davey dssmecek in houston....

Stan, Fiver and Jay- good travels and be safe!!!

guess you too Fronty! I thought engineers wante dtobe around goofy folks, but you are taking it to the limit in Okieland.....

went overnight to boston area, back and down to virginia to pick up a nice clean jeep for the son (getting rid of his race car YAY!!!!). back and cut up more logs, about ten more to go to be done! splitting stumps then will be laid back, we are still using wood from last year.

shorts- ow! co-ed and competition....one kick in the shins and i'd be done. not fun. 2 weeks to move, great if you have zero possessions...

artic boys! i hate paying for propane, cannot imagine heating oil costs up there. but do what u gotta do...

saw a tremendous amount of pipline work going on throughout the whole state of PA. no jobs shortage there. tempting as they wanted class a drivers on the worksite to the warehouses...

Thank you for the prayers, situation stabilized and one answer settled. Good thoughts multiply, so get yours now!

got valve cover,oil pan gaskets to put on and then some. see what trouble i can get into until then...
Old 10-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Wow, Cincy (if it didn't kill you, you will be stronger) you must be about superhuman right now....best of luck on the moving, at least there are no kids in school. God does move in unexplainable ways- maybe you will hit a farm just listed on the market. or call the place you thought would sell, to ask once more. I could visit them.....

still worried about Davey dssmecek in houston....

Stan, Fiver and Jay- good travels and be safe!!!

guess you too Fronty! I thought engineers wante dtobe around goofy folks, but you are taking it to the limit in Okieland.....

went overnight to boston area, back and down to virginia to pick up a nice clean jeep for the son (getting rid of his race car YAY!!!!). back and cut up more logs, about ten more to go to be done! splitting stumps then will be laid back, we are still using wood from last year.

shorts- ow! co-ed and competition....one kick in the shins and i'd be done. not fun. 2 weeks to move, great if you have zero possessions...

artic boys! i hate paying for propane, cannot imagine heating oil costs up there. but do what u gotta do...

saw a tremendous amount of pipline work going on throughout the whole state of PA. no jobs shortage there. tempting as they wanted class a drivers on the worksite to the warehouses...

Thank you for the prayers, situation stabilized and one answer settled. Good thoughts multiply, so get yours now!

got valve cover,oil pan gaskets to put on and then some. see what trouble i can get into until then...
Glad you are doing OK Heidi We miss you when you are not around to keep us all straight
Old 10-07-2011, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by ofcmarc

Having heating oil delivered today. That's gonna hurt the wallet. $3.84/gal.
I was right.... It did hurt to write the check for that delivery..... Almost 2k!

At least I won't have to worry about it for a while now though...

Turned out to be a nice day. 45ish and sunny.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:49 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by Polaraco
There's been offers of 1/2 a mil for that car. . . .
should have jumped all over it... Yeah, it would be a great story, but its to the point of pull the vin number and replace everything else.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Do I detect a small element of sarcasm here?
Not from me...
Originally Posted by chaikwa
You've been here since 2002. If you can't recognize sarcasm by now...
more importantly, he's been here that long and cant recognize when Im serious...

Yet another trailer today. a F150 kicking along the highway at 40 mph with a some small XUV backed on the trailer. I bet the rear bumper was a foot higher than normal.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:11 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8th:
1871 - The Great Fire of Chicago broke out destroying about 17,450 buildings. About 250 people were killed and 90,000 were left homeless. Ironically, the water tower was one of the few things left standing and the caretaker that lived within committed suicide because he thought he was going to burn to death.

1871 - Peshtigo, WI, was destroyed by a forest fire. Over 1,100 people were killed by the fire that eventually burned across 6 counties.

1915 - During World War I, the Battle of Loos concluded.

1918 - U.S. Corporal Alvin C. York almost single-handedly killed 25 German soldiers and captured 132 in the Argonne Forest in France. York had originally tried to avoid being drafted as a conscientious objector. After this event his was promoted to sergeant and was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor.

1945 - U.S. President Truman announced that only Britain and Canada would be given the secret to the atomic bomb.

1950 - U.N. forces crossed into North Korea from South Korea.

1966 - The U.S. Government declared that LSD was dangerous and an illegal substance.

1981 - U.S. President Reagan greeted former Presidents Carter, Ford and Nixon at the White House. The group was preparing to leave for Egypt to attend the funeral of Anwar Sadat.

1982 - In Poland, all labor organizations, including Solidarity, were banned.

1991 - A slave burial site was found by construction workers in lower Manhattan. The "Negro Burial Ground" had been closed in 1790. Over a dozen skeletons were found.

1993 - The U.S. government issued a report absolving the FBI of any wrongdoing in its final assault in Waco, TX, on the Branch Davidian compound. The fire that ended the siege killed as many as 85 people.

2001 - Tom Ridge, former Governor of Pennsylvania, was sworn in as director of the new U.S. department of Homeland Security.

2003 - Vietnam and the United States reached a tentative agreement that would allow the first commercial flights between the two countries since the end of the Vietnam War.

2003 - It was announced that Vivendi Universal and General Electric Co. had reached an agreement to merge. The name for the combined company was NBC Universal.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
Old 10-08-2011, 07:23 AM
DTR Mom

Mornin" DTR!

hope all of U have a great day, things go easy and people say Thank You!!!

Love you Top! (Larry) irish whiskey to ya at six feet.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:50 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning.

Slev, those goals are crazy.

JWBM, they make up for the danger by counting girl goals 2 points, guys only get one.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mornin All. Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all of us Canadian folks. Scotty - is it perogies for you like the rest of the folks in Sask?
Old 10-08-2011, 10:23 AM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Evening all,

Water delivery probs the last couple days. Pressure switches, leaks, electrical malfeasance. The whole ball of wax...

Off to the crawl space again.

You all be good now...

Happy thanksgiving for all those north of the border!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 01:45 PM

Mornin' All!

Ice on the windshield this morning. Just might have winter around the corner.

Lucked out on an OT day today. Gotta pay the fuel guy......
Old 10-08-2011, 02:01 PM

Received 422 Likes on 323 Posts
Had to have the sewer line snaked again. Asked the guy, so whats the line full of. "Stupid questions" he replied.