Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Week Before Xmas Breakroom 12/16-22

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 08:31 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Calling for freezinf rain here. 60 mph wind warnings to the west.

Another round of Buttastic smoking has begun... tried to upload but it won’t.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:17 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Calling for freezinf rain here. 60 mph wind warnings to the west.
Another round of Buttastic smoking has begun... tried to upload but it won’t.
Ha - - you were just jealous cuz we were getting rain, so you had to outdo me. Freeze it and blow it 10mph faster. ….
I will be in a little later in the afternoon - - long drive up there. Hopefully the goodies will be ready - - and the ph00...….

Up since 3:30 - - another one of those mornings my mind won't shut off even though I am trying to sleep. GGGRRRR
Too many things on that LIST. Gotta knock more of them off. Back to therapy again this morning. That gal really
helps and so does that new brace.

Fresh coffee and ph00 await you along with "uglies" - - - apple fritters.

CYAL8R
Old 12-21-2018, 06:41 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Good morning from a really freezing Paradise. Woke up to the coldest morning of the year so far. The temperature is right on the freezing mark, which means that my house is quite cool. Had to put a sweater on inside my house. Horrible! No central heat in my house, so that means a sweater for a few hours. At least I know that once the sun comes up that things will warm up quickly and that before noon it will be back to a nice, comfortable 70F. Typical winter morning for down here. If I go out in my truck right now, the heater will be on, but in about 3 hours the A/C will be running. As of today, the days get longer, but not warmer yet.

Thanks for the coffee Bob and an ugly. Don't need the ugly, but as you just HAD to put that temptation in front of me, could not resist. Want to tempt me even more? Put some nice ice cream or some chocolates out. My name is Stan and I am a chocoholic and an ice creamaholic.

Know all about those early mornings where the mind will not shut off. Seems like I am having more and more of them. I wake up at some dark hour (normally around 02:00) and then my mind kicks into overdrive and cannot get back to sleep, so get up and go to my office. My wife gets annoyed with me when this happens because she is a very light sleeper and she says that I wake her up and then she does not sleep properly after that. Really annoy her when I also go to the kitchen and make myself a hot drink before going to my office. Sorry, but have no idea how to fix this problem that annoys both of us. Maybe sleep in the kitchen or my office?

I buy quite few books from Amazon. Their service is amazing. I ordered a book on Sunday and just under 4 hours later received an email telling me that it had been shipped. Yesterday it arrived at my house. That is real service! Their shipping rate for an international shipment is very reasonable.

NJYman, those tree trimmers and similar really are nuts. Down here we have large trees that quickly grow over the power lines and need frequent trimming back. It's scary watching those guys work so high up. Some of the guys here go not use cherry pickers and climb the tree to trim them. Drag their chain saws up with a rope. Safety? OHSA? What's that?

Scotty, quit that!!!! Just stop it y'hear!!!!! Your are making me drool. Quit with those lovely juicy pictures!!!!!!

My water meter has been defective for a while now, so yesterday it was changed. Was amused to see how it is done down here. No big truck showed up with two high paid guys inside. Only one small guy on a small 125cc motorcycle with a box on the back. Inside the box was a few new meters and scruffy rudimentary tools. The job was completed in about 10 minutes. Probably the unions north of the border would not allow this.

Got lots to do today, so will gulp down another coffee and get moving.

Here is something for the rest of you that have lists to complete and keep putting things off. May this help;

Old 12-21-2018, 07:10 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Old 12-21-2018, 07:20 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Are my pix posting? I’m only seeing a couple earlier in the week and the one I just posted after Stan’s post.
Tried yesterday butt the butts wouldn’t show themselves.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:29 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Yes, unfortunately your pics are showing up, even the one from this morning that you deliberately posted to make me drool even more and get my keyboard all messy.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:22 AM

Received 420 Likes on 321 Posts
A lot more snow this week and finally tapering off. Temps in the single digits warming into the mid teens. We should warm a little into the mid 20's.
A 5 day weekend then my last 3 days at this job.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:14 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Are my pix posting? I’m only seeing a couple earlier in the week and the one I just posted after Stan’s post.
Tried yesterday butt the butts wouldn’t show themselves.
I see nothing
Old 12-22-2018, 05:04 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all. Nuther week under the belt. Put fresh coffee and ph00 on but too early for much else than sprinkles for
Lary if he makes it.

Heavy rains and winds again yesterday. Our high today will be in the freezing range - - high of 62. By Christmas day, we will make it out of freezing with a high of 80. Bit more like it.

Scotty - - your pics are show big and gorgeous and terrible, all at the same time. Terrible cuz they are not on my plate with a big
sweet tator beside it. LOL

L8R...………...

ps: what is with this stupid looking new window for our smilies? Leave it alone - -the improvements are not working.
Old 12-22-2018, 09:37 AM

Received 2,403 Likes on 1,585 Posts
Good looking eats Scotty!

It was 50F and POURING rain and windy last night. We got over an 1 inch of rain, some of the rivers are flooding and the driveway is an ice rink.
It is supposed to plummet into the teens tonight.
The phone is down and I was told they will be by to check on it on the 27th. That should make for a pretty quite Christmas around here.
Lucky the power and the computer still work so I can E-mail people that I am safe and warm.

Maybe I can get some work done on my '78 12V Ramcharger project over the holiday.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:02 AM

Received 420 Likes on 321 Posts
6°, cold and somewhat clear for the next week. Lots of snow to go play in.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:24 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Hey Ollie,

Thanks for the starter. So far, it works. Let's hope its good till I rebuild the original.

Hopefully your landline is fixed earlier than expected.

Email if you need anything, and I'll send it right over.

Lol