Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Week Before Xmas Breakroom 12/16-22

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 07:40 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
The Week Before Xmas Breakroom 12/16-22

Thought I heard Santa this morning, but it was the squirrels trying to get thru my lanai screening. GGGRRRR

Morning all, Banana Nut pancakes in the warmer, syrup in the box, coffee and ph00 in the pots. Get up, enjoy and
get to church. Gotta run myself - - getting a bit tight on time.

L8R.....……….
Old 12-16-2018, 10:58 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Twas the week before Christmas in a big city town
Madness and mayhem and violence abound
Fighting for toys and games and the like
A punch for a teddy a kick for a doll
A spatter of blood
A 911 call
Elsewhere
Twas the week before Christmas in a sleepy farm town
The locals all gather in a cafe down town
Smiles and laughter fill the room
And the smell of fresh coffee and baked goods as well
They talk of their blessings throughout the past year
Marriages and new bornes, anniversaries and pets
No store bought gifts, all hand made
With the kind of love only farm folks can obtain
So if you love Christmas
Where would you rather be
My home is the farm town
The best there can be.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:30 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Aw, crap ! I missed Banana nut pancakes ???? Oh, geesh. I'm so freaking disappointed. Oh well, maybe next time.

Hope all you fellas and ladies out there in internet land are doing well, happy and awaiting what santa, or the Hanukkah presents galore. For you who do Kwanza.... well, I don't know what you get, but hope its goodies...

Rained all weekend, and today, the temps are dropping to the 30's, and some areas the 30's. Cold will be around for a bit.

Did some running around today. Bought some parts for the Brick, and putting them into stock. Ollie sent me an extra "startemupthinggy", so I guess I'm set should the time arise I need one. Maybe I'll rebuild it, maybe I'll just stick it on a shelf and hope for the best. I guess it depends on how bored or stupid I feel at the moment.

Reflecting a previous thread : https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...3/#post3356023

Hey cougar, glad it's a better gig for ya!. Nice being closer to home. Now you can shoot home to let the cat out to pee.. or dog, whatever you got going on at the moment. Nice when things work out, eh? Hopefully there's room for a promotion at some point or another.

Gonna send Some COLD WEATHER, from Oliver, past me, all the way down to Stan, hitting the wild Florida fella on the way past. Hopefully, they got the stink out of his pool from Lary's stank butt in there. Hope you washed down those counters like I suggested. He's a sly bastage, and I"m sure he was making prints on your counters that day.

Getting in a workout, wife will come home and verbally abuse me, and I can fall asleep while eating as usual.

Tootles!
Old 12-18-2018, 06:27 AM

Good-os Morning-os, Ameechios.

Chilly am, this morning, and I brought crumb cake in. Pot of Java, pot of Ph00 for Roberto, and a carafe of green tea for Oliver

I'm completely eliminating caffeine from my diet for a couple of weeks. Luckily I've been weaning myself off of the stuff for a while now, as my urologist suggested doing so. For all you fellas who've reached middle age, will understand why. So far, the results have been much better than expected.

Today, I'll be putting the spare tire rack back under the brick. Been driving around for a week without it, and I better do it before the weather gets ugly snowy, and sleet. Will be making a fire screen for a friend of mine who's new daughter in law was given a "garrison" stove and needs some sort of fire screen for it. He wants me to make him one, so I said I would. Seems like it will be a fun little project.

Hoping everyone out there is having a nice start to their day.

See ya!
Old 12-18-2018, 07:03 AM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
Nice poem cougar sounds right on!

Thanks for the green tea and slice of crumb cake, T.

Glad to hear the brick is running well and your spare starter showed up.

Sounds like a fun little welding project for you T-man.

15F degrees up here and a fresh 2 inches of snow, not nearly enough for me to get the plow truck going.
Of to stoke the fire with the dogs and then get to work.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:02 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Unusually mild for up here. Going to be 40F today.
Further west 50 plus?!
I remember one Christmas day seeing folks on the golf course when it was normally -30 and a couple feet of snow on the ground.

I am a busy guy with all sorts of smoked meat orders. Have done a couple dozen 18hr pork butts already. Five more ordered. Brisket orders from friends and family for New Years Eve pick up are rolling in now...another 18hr low and slow meatastic project!

Start new dream job January 2. Truly, the dream
job! Wasn’t looking, wasn’t asking anyone amd there it was.
Big Guy upstairs gets the thanks for this.

ooooh I forgot to mention, I’m doing pork butts for them too.
A combo meet and greet on

Oinkilicious
Friday with the tech and service staff.

subliminal insertion above

Good way to do it. Roll in with a truck full of food and shut the garage down early for a feast!
Old 12-18-2018, 09:06 AM
Top's Younger Twin

A Brisket a basket a darkly barkly’d

brisket
Old 12-18-2018, 09:25 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Tried to post more pix butt for some reason when I hit upload, nothing happens.
So work with what is here lol
Old 12-19-2018, 06:48 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from a chilly Paradise. Chilly mornings lately, but warms up after about 10:00. A pox on you who sent the cold down my way! Still nice enough at lunch time to enjoy lunch with the family out on the terrace. BTW, chilly for us means any temp below about 20C. Numbers with a minus in front of it is almost unheard of here. Last time i saw frost on my truck was about 10 years ago.

Cougar, your poem sounds about right.

Scotty, looks yummy. Bring some down here please. Good luck in your new job and congrats on getting it.

Fresh hot coffee and ph00 is ready. Some Rooibos tea for the tea drinkers.

Off to get my day started. Actually, it started a couple of hours ago, but only getting around to checking in here now.

Ciao.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:49 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Thanks Stanadian.
I will be heading up the Accessories and Customization for new vehicles at a group of dealerships. I start with Rams/Jeeps MOPAR products first.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:01 AM

Morning all. Cougar - - neat poem, but, regretfully, too true. I much prefer the smaller city. Trouble is, when they are good they grow.

Scotty just has to do it. Not even lunch time and he is posting stuff like that. Beautiful. Come on down and you can work out in my
lanai kitchen - - and give me lessons. I need some tips. Excited for you on the changes coming in your life. Be great to be at
home more with the family.

Heading down to our auto dealer for a brunch this morning. Maybe I will win a donut or something.

Grabbing my ph00 and heading out. Have a great day...……………...
Old 12-19-2018, 01:11 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Early this morning I mentioned that it was a chilly day. Shortly after the sun came up, it turned gorgeous. Not a cloud in the sky and as I type this it is a wonderful 70F. Having said that, decided to be cruel to those of you suffering those horrible cold temperatures, snow and other terrible things.

Needed to do some design work this morning, but the large sheet of paper I was using would not fit on my office desk, so was forced to use a large 4' wide table that I have on my terrace. The picture below shows my working area and part of my back yard. It's tough to work on white paper in that bright sun and need sun glasses. It's a rough life to also work in just shorts and flip flops. No shirt needed either.

Old 12-19-2018, 04:33 PM

Nice place ya got there, Stan. Mighty nice.

Buddy from Fla called and was on Fischer Island
Waiting for his clients to show up to a meeting. Said it was 80* and clear as a bell.

Mas caliente por me
Old 12-20-2018, 10:34 AM

Well, it's a nice, brisk morning, and I'm here alone in the breakroom. That's okay. I left a big hunk of dog poop in a bag in the corner, so that when anyone comes in to get a snack, they're overwhelmed by beagle poo.....

Different poo, for the AM.

lol.

Watching my dead lady neighbor's house finally get some attention, considering she's been dead over a year now. Tree guys were removing the skateboarders paradise jump that the tree created over the last 3 decades. Old lady who lived there wouldn't spend a dime on the place, so I guess her kids are spending her money now...

Lol.

Guys who do tree work are either hugely masculine, or quite frankly insane. Power lines, falling out of trees.... Not for me, my friend.

Enjoy the day, fellas.

Old 12-20-2018, 04:39 PM

GLUB GLUB GLUB. Wow did it rain last night and this morning, Had appointment downtown in Sarasota, normally about a
20 minute run - -took 45 and I took a roundabout to get out of traffic but the rain was so heavy just couldn't make any time.
Most non-Floridians are quite amazed when they come down and hit one of our thunderstorms. Could only use two of the
three lanes - - one was flooded. Heavy winds and tornado watch for quite a while. Tomorrow is same with up to 50 mph
winds. Pool is full - - had to open the overflow valve.

No ph00 but too late anyhow. Just wanted to say boo. Hope all running well.

Bob

Quick Reply: The Week Before Xmas Breakroom 12/16-22