Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Water Cooler...... 6 March - 12 March 2005

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 09:43 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PISTOL,
I'm about 400 miles WEST of where we met up. Gonna be here at Ft. Sill, OK till the 28th.
Boondoggle
I have you know, I'm a designated hugger for the troops flying in here to demobilize. I'm really hating this double dipping I'm required to do. Hope I can make it on the $360+ (not counting per-diem) per day I'm forced to take.
More than anything, we're here to help make these guys transition back to civilian life as smooth as possible and to keep them from getting screwed over. Too many of the active components are treating the Reserve and Guard troops like a prophylactic, once it's used, it's trashed without any further thought. We're here to prevent that.
Keep me posted on when you're shuttling between the Keys and Missouri. Maybe we can hook up.

headingoutforanothermeetingagainShortround out
Old 03-07-2005, 09:45 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Good news for a Monday.

I figured I'd take Fridays off to burn my carry-over leave from last year.
I also figured that this coming Friday would be the last one I'd have to work until after Memorial Day weekend.
Timekeeper says I've got one more day than I thought.
4 day work weeks starting today until after the holiday........sweeeeeet.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mornin all...had to down a mt. dew first thing this mornin just to get motivated..gawd how i hate workin weekends..this is the 3rd week in a row straight i have worked n ill be workin again this weekend..i think its way past time for me to take a vacation..have a long day ahead of me..after work gotta head straight to practice to coach..will just make it in time..then jump back in the beast n head across town to a 4H leaders horse meeting which i will be a lil late n if im lucky i will get outta that by 10pm n be home no later than 1045..ughh i was exhausted before i even got in the shower this mornin just thinkin about it...it rained all weekend n looks like its might drop on us again..kids played their best game on saturday, although they lost i have never been more proud of them..talk about team work and really lookin like a polished basketball team..guess all those drills n runnin suicides really helped lol...i hope yall have a gooden n if anyone would like to go to my meetin tonight so i can get some sleep id surely appreciate it
~Heather~
Old 03-07-2005, 01:29 PM

It looks like it's going to be some rough duty.
Got there at 0700, left at 0900. Went back at 1100, have to go back at 0800 in the morning. Probably finish up at 9ish and meet the first plane at 1920. Real stressful right now. Just finished the first nap and the second beer of the day.

outhereprotectingy'allfromusShortround out
Old 03-07-2005, 01:35 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Yeah, you really gott check for red spots, those bed sores can be really nasty. You have to take care of that gov't. equip.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:31 PM

Having trouble getting enough rest due to the windows rattling from the cannon fire. Don't they know some folks need their rest? At least i got a partial second nap. Now I need to go see if there is a club here.

Shortround out
Old 03-08-2005, 05:40 AM

Howdy campers.

Rainy morning in the Nation's Capital.
Temps in the 50s already.....but that will change.
Dropping later this AM into the 30s with a chance of snow accompanied by winds gusting to 50 mph.
If you don't like the weather here, just wait a few minutes, it'll change.

Lots o stuff crossed off the To-Do list yesterday.
Still seems like it got longer when I wasn't looking.

...Ahhhhh that's more like it.

Y'all B safe
Ed
Old 03-08-2005, 05:54 AM
JKE

good morning.

SH - we had that all night last night. we're sitting at 48 now. Heavy rain and movin' fast.

Looks like the garden will have to dry again Some chanting may be in order.

Ya'll have a good one. - JKE
Old 03-08-2005, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lined up to be another warm sunny day here in the West.

Hoping to get out of here in a few hours and take in some of that sun and get caught up on the yard work.

Rich.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:11 AM

Has anyone noticed that fuel "feels" different depending on where you buy it? I filled up just before I got into Sill and the fuel looked "clearer" and felt "drier". The smell was the same. It felt like some of the old PD 680 solvent we used to use. To be on the safe side, I doubled the dose of additive. Couldn't tell any difference performance wise.
Could this be some of the "newer" super low sulfur fuel?
Time for breakfast.

Shortround out
Old 03-08-2005, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by shortround
Has anyone noticed that fuel "feels" different depending on where you buy it? I filled up just before I got into Sill and the fuel looked "clearer" and felt "drier". The smell was the same. It felt like some of the old PD 680 solvent we used to use. To be on the safe side, I doubled the dose of additive. Couldn't tell any difference performance wise.
Could this be some of the "newer" super low sulfur fuel?
Time for breakfast.

Shortround out
You sure you grabbed the green handle?

Rich
Old 03-08-2005, 06:31 AM

Mornin' all,
All is right here this am. Coffee in the coffee mess (thanks JKE for gettin' me through yesterday). No rain, about 40 now high in the mid 60's.

Have great day ya'll
~Rob
Old 03-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by shortround
Has anyone noticed that fuel "feels" different,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
the fuel looked "clearer" and felt "drier".
"felt drier",,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, That must be something they teach ya in the military. I'm impressed SR

Mornin folks,
Like Ed said, it wasn't that bad at 0800 this morning, but a mess moved in around 0930 and it had chunky rain with gusting winds that seemed like it dropped the temp about 20-25 degrees! Still doing my training stuff here at work so I guess it's time to get back at it.

Y'all have a good one.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:46 AM

Gonna try to get 1/2 day off so's I kin git da furnace fixed.
Still lighten' it off by hand, 'til the HVAC guy gits there (hopefully dis afternoon).
Wadden too bad yestiddy, wit' da warm temps, but wit da snow n such, I need to keep da shack warm.
Dats my story n I'm stickin' toit.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:51 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Sunny out, colder than a witch's well digger though. Busy as heck before I was even on the clock. A localized, snow squall caused an at least 50 veh pileup. Semi's and all. Fatal too. Using troopers from all over the district and local agency's. Have a helicoptor up for photo's along the 6 mile stretch. ALready scheduled for a double, gonna be a looong night. Ok, back to work.

Quick Reply: Water Cooler...... 6 March - 12 March 2005