Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Water Cooler, 22 Feb 2004 - 28 Feb 2004...........

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 06:17 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Water Cooler, 22 Feb 2004 - 28 Feb 2004...........

Morning folks. Another beautiful day at Weather Dry Creek.
Got the coffee going, bisquits in the oven, and sausage gravy on the stove. OBTW, before you just show up for breakfast, remember that I've still got some dirt to move, seeds to plant, and beer to drink. If you come for one, you come for all.
Went to an estate sale yesterday. Got a Japanese Maple that would retail for $2500 - $3000 for $10. Had to dig it up. No sweat, an hour later the tractor was on site making money. Loaded rocks, plants, you name it. The best part was watching the filling of an older model (won't say the C word) truck, top of the bed flush with rock. He was told by numerous people that it was more than it would hold. When he left, there was a motorcycle tire width of rubber on the front to steer with.
It was a fun time watching the "yuppies yearning for a life" pile stuff in their beemers and dirt sensitive SUV's. We even futher insulted their divine presence by actually drinking a cool refreshing adult beverage FROM THE BOTTLE.
Twas a good day.
Got to get busy. Y'all have a good one.

lovingthesmelloffreshturneddirtShortround out
Old 02-22-2004, 07:27 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Morning.
Noise and smells from the galley area indicate that someone has breakfast almost ready for the table.
Sunny weather, temp in the high 40s to low 50s, with 20mph winds cooling things off a little again today.
Might hafta get the G-G out for a putt again today.
Later on this evening, going out to dinner with daughter's boyfriend's parents.

Don't worry SR, if you work too hard this weekend you'll always have all that free time at work to rest .........yeah, riiiiight
Old 02-22-2004, 07:34 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice and quiet this morning. Sun's out. Ghoulosh was consumed in mass quantity last night, but there was no Jim Beam for the Pepsi. That will be remidied this evening. Ended up watching Rob Roy last night. Great Movie.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:39 AM

Quiet here as well. Kid is at Gran's for the weekend, wifey is across the border on business and I get a rare Sunday off. No cast iron skillet for gravy, but there'll be some bacon and eggs on the stove shortly. Now if it would just warm up enough so I can start working on the bike.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:47 AM

Almost too quiet out this morning. The leaves on the trees aren't moving at all. If this was a scary movie ... something BAD should be happening any second

Beautiful day outside. Time to load up the kids and get out on the water. I will try to send some of this warmstuff up to you guys. It'll probably come C.O.D. so have your checkbooks ready.

JKE, I haven't forgot about ya ... I just keep forgetting the picture at work.

SLAYINGTHEFISHANDTHECORONASPISTOL
Old 02-22-2004, 08:27 AM

Good morning well the weather is changing and the snow melted enough that I can see the tounge on the boat trailers. Went to a fishing show yesterday, and made a deal with a guy Bought 300 spoons of various sizes and colors. I had a good time putting them all away and sorting out the bait boxes.On a typical charter I will carry about 2000 spoons and maybe 500 body baits. starting to get the bug now that the days are getting longer. well another coffee and see what the wifey want's to do You guy's have a good sunday.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:42 AM
DPG

Morning everyone. Still without my garden tractor/snowblower and it just keeps snowing. Three weeks ago, the engine went south. Four weeks ago, decided that I should renew my maintenance contract. Almost $2000 replacement costing $0. But it's taking a long time. Fortunately, a buddy (and fellow CTD owner) has a plow.

Hey blackjack, what port do you charter out of? I heard that this past season was better than most. I have several friends that charter out of Leland. I live just south of there a few miles.

Got some "Honey Do" things to take care of today, so I better get going. Want to have time to watch the race this afternoon.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Bahhhhhhh.

Nothing like getting a phone call at 06:30, on your day off, saying that someone called in sick at work and they can't get ahold of anyone else.
Price I pay for making the big bucks as the kinda sorta supervisor.

Didn't even get to finish the pot of , only had time for 2 cups, had to pick up a 44 oz Diet Coke on the way to complete my daily recommended caffeine requirement.

All the more time to play on the internet I guess.

One benefit, I did get to test my new remote start (see the tax refund thread) on a cold truck.
Worked like a charm, after I dug out the owners manual for the alarm.
Also got to try out the turbo timer shutdown when I got to work as well.
It's set too long, and only the installer can change the programming.
I think 3 minutes will be plenty, since I don't tow anything.
I think the options are 1, 3, 5 and 10 minutes.

Enjoy your Sunday.

phox
Old 02-22-2004, 10:50 AM
Chapter President

Good morning to all, woke up all excited to "glaze" the truck only to find it cloudy.

If I do it rain is eminent, if I decide not to; the sun will shine all afternoon.

Wife, baby and I going out after 12 to look at "open" houses, wish us luck. Looking for a new home is going to be ...difficult to say the least.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:47 PM

DPG I start out in the Detroit River Jigiing for walleye then move to the St clair river more walleye and also start fishing Lk huron out of Lexington for Salmon. I usually pull a couple of trips out of Leamington Ontario for Big perch in the spring. Then By the end of may I am on the Central Basin of Lk. Erie the North shore from Erieau Canada. We always took nice Walleye out of there but in the last 3-5 years this has been the hot spot for Steelhead. I maybe did 3 trips last year where we didn't limit out (5 fish each) I stay there through the summer untill the mid to end of Sept then I go to Lk. St. Clair to do Perch trips. Most years I fish through Thanksgiving. Then too much cold and Ice. So I don't get over on the west side much anymore but, Talking to many of the Charters they did have good year in 03. I hope it is good this year the economy is back a little but people hold on to thier bucks (I don't blame them) I used to get over there in the fall for the Run but too much going on here now. I used to fish the western basin out of Brest Bay in Monroe Mi. for walleye all summer but I got the Steelie fever bad , I also did some Muskie fishing but I send those guy's to other Charter boats now.
Sorry didn't mean to get so wordy here but did someone ask about fishing
Old 02-22-2004, 06:04 PM

afternoon everybody. Well skipped church today to help the boy out. We broke down my folks old 72 kit trialer to make a quad hauler out of it.I think it is going to work fine after it is done.its about fifteen feet long ang six feet wide should haul four easy.going to have to help them with the design for the deck and storage though,hope they take the help. if anyone knows where i can find some plans for ideas to how to lay it out let me know. thanks in advance
Old 02-22-2004, 08:10 PM
DPG

Blackjack, thanks for the reply! I think that walleye are about the best tasting fish that I've ever eaten. I have a buddy that I go walleye fishing with here on Lake Leelanau, but so far my success has been rather spotty. If you ever have any fillets that you don't know what to do with, I might be able to help you out!

DeWain
Old 02-23-2004, 05:06 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Up and at 'em folks
0500 and no one is moving.
Time to go to work.
Y'all have a good week.

Shortround out
Old 02-23-2004, 05:48 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Arrrrrrg ,..... it's MONDAY again?.......
Weekends seem to get shorter as the weather gets warmer.
Coffee's hot, Wifey served up omlets for breakfast this morning.....yummmmmy!
Now looking for a good spot to take a nap.

Snow in the forecast agin tomorrow, should be just a dusting.

StillwaitingforspringEd
Old 02-23-2004, 06:59 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Morning all,
Did somebody say Fishing? Today's my Friday, I'll probably hit the ice again this week.

Dewain, last week the Press had a nice article about getting Whitefish through the ice at Houghton Lake. Pretty tempting. Might have to wait till I pick up another snowmobile though. That's a big lake to be hiking. Might try Lake Cadillac this Wednesday. I haven't had any luck on a local lake.

Have a good one.

Quick Reply: The Water Cooler, 22 Feb 2004 - 28 Feb 2004...........