Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Visit to Memphis

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visit to Memphis

I'm heading over to Memphis next weekend and was wondering if anyone could tell me where to stay away from and good places to eat. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:56 AM

I guess no one knows anything about Memphis?
Old 04-13-2004, 09:34 AM

Rusty, I live in Memphis area and during daytime just about anywhere is safe. I wouldn't stay around the graceland area or too close to beale st as far as hotels go, first one for safety and 2nd for the noise factor. I don't know if you need any hotel reco's but the Peabody on Union or the downtown Marriot would probably be my 2 choices for the downtown area. If you like ribs check out the rendezvous or corky's, Huey's has the best burgers in town, Grisanti's for italian and Folks Folly for steaks...its expensive and ala carte. If you need any more info you can email me at apsharley@netzero.com. I'll be out of town this weekend fishing a tournament but will be happy to assist any way I can.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:37 AM

Originally posted by harleydog
Rusty, I live in Memphis area and during daytime just about anywhere is safe. I wouldn't stay around the graceland area or too close to beale st as far as hotels go, first one for safety and 2nd for the noise factor. I don't know if you need any hotel reco's but the Peabody on Union or the downtown Marriot would probably be my 2 choices for the downtown area. If you like ribs check out the rendezvous or corky's, Huey's has the best burgers in town, Grisanti's for italian and Folks Folly for steaks...its expensive and ala carte. If you need any more info you can email me at apsharley@netzero.com. I'll be out of town this weekend fishing a tournament but will be happy to assist any way I can.
Thanks for the reply. I've already got a room booked at the Airport Inn. Guess I'd better make sure Mr. .45 is with me.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:35 PM

You cant go to Memphis without eating at the Rendezvous!
Old 04-15-2004, 08:45 PM

I'll have to second pogorules on Rendezbous, is very close to the Peabody hotel. Nice place to stay. Then drop down to Beale St., BB King has a club on Beale, you may catch him there. If not, you'll hear some good blues's and have a memorable time anyway.

Then, if you're up to it, check out Tiffanys. It's good for the soul. I know one of my buds was heard to say, "Oh my God" while we were there.

Enjoy, this ain't no practice life (per HVAC, RIP)

RJR