Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

New Commemorative Air Force Sq in Memphis

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Commemorative Air Force Sq in Memphis

I just wanted to pass this on. I figure ANY motorhead has to love the sound of the old "Round Engines"

Feel free to email me or send a private message if you have any questions or plan to attend.

The Commemorative Air Force is establishing a new squadron in Memphis! The world’s eighth largest air force is looking for a few good men and women volunteers to join this new unit. If you are a War Bird enthusiast, an airplane nut or just very interested in World War Two aviation, come and join! Bring your own war bird or fly and work on ours! There will be monthly meetings discussing all facets of WWII aviation.

Launch Date: 3 December 2005
Where: Dewitt Spain Airport (M01) in Memphis
Time: 0900h to 1500h (that’s 3 PM for civvies!)
Address: CAF hangar-2851 N. Second Street, Memphis, TN 38127
Needed: Pilots, mechanics, administrators, fund raisers, restorers, researchers, PX salespeople, historians

FLY A WARBIRD!

On Saturday, 3 December, we plan on having a CAF P-51 and SBD Dauntless available for flights! Come on out and make a donation to the CAF and fly in a Warbird!

FREE Flights A free flight will be given to the top three recruiters! To qualify, just be one of the top three people that cause the most folks to come out and join the CAF that day. Make sure you make a list of those folks ahead of time and present the list to us at 0900h Saturday morning. (Tell ‘em to bring their checkbook or credit card or plain ol’ cash!)

Web Site - http://www.caf-memphis.org or http://www.commemorativeairforce.org

I have uploaded the MS Word flyer to my website at http://www.atvtrailguide.com/Flyer1.doc

Feel free to pass this on to anyone you may think is interested. I have added my info to the bottom of the page.
YES, I do want to win a free flight in a warbird!

"FREE Flights A free flight will be given to the top three recruiters! "

P.S. check out the related photos in my Webshots albums!
Old 11-08-2005, 08:03 PM

WOW, this sounds very intresting to me. What requirements have to be met to get involved in this? I love air planes and flight in general and the old war planes have just recently started to intrest me. I fly model R.C. aircraft all the time because I have a love of flight. I would love to get involved in this. How do I? Can I? just let me know where to sign up. Also, they are located about 3 minutes from my shop at work. I would love to get involved, just let me know how. Why do I need to bring my check book if I want to donate time or anything else? Am I going to have to pay to join this?
Old 11-08-2005, 09:08 PM

Well, yeah there are membership dues and an initiation fee. Of course there are BENEFITS to being a member too

Check out the CAF Membership page for Membership types, prices, payment options and "benefits".

It doesn't cost anything to come out and check us out and look at the airplanes.

Oh yeah - Be SURE to check out my photo albums, but don't spend too much time looking at the one with the Collings Foundation airplanes; that is a whole 'nuther organization!
Old 11-24-2005, 01:20 PM

BTT
Is anyone planning to attend?
If so, let me know. Thanks

I've been hanging out with these guys the last couple of weekends, and have decided to make it my new Saturday "routine"; try to show up around 9am, hang around the hanger and socialize, learn, and assist wherever needed, and try to get in an afternoon flying lesson.

Now I have to work on trying NOT to fly the airplane like it was a diesel truck! LOL