Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

1st Meeting in Memphis, TN!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st DTR Members Meeting in Memphis, TN!!!!

Helo. I have got everything finalized. The meet will be held on Feb.4th at 4Wheel Parts off Brooks Rd. in Memphis Tenn. at 1:00PM. The store manager will be providing the food and drink(sorry no alchohol allowed) along with a large dry shop if the weather isn't the best. The only thing he said we need to bring is seating. I'm still trying to bring in a portable chassis dyno provided by Hypertech. If they can't and/or the price is too high, I'll be leading a caravan over to Dynospeed who has the only chassis dyno in town. After that, if anyone wants to follow, I'll be going down to Byhalia raceway to show all those gassers what a performance diesel can do. Thanks to all who have showed interest, and helped get this thing off the ground.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:58 PM

1:00 Feb.4th?
Old 01-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Chapter President

Yep, sorry bout that, I went back and edited my original post. Can't wait to catch you all there.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Chapter President

Ok, I just got through talking with the manager at 4Wheel Parts. Together, we are trying to put a raffle into place for those that showup. He said that a minimum of 25 people have to be commited for it to be any good thogh. Sorry I wasn't able to get Mid South Diesel to host for us, cause they said they weren't equipped to handle something like this yet.I'm still waiting to here back from Hypertech about the dyno. Come on and have a good time.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:57 PM

Who did you talk to at Mid South?
I talked to Sam and he said they were planning a Dyno Day and open house this spring hopefully. Bullydog and BD were pushing for it.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:10 AM
Chapter President

Yeah, I talked to Sam. He said they aren't quite ready for a group meet like we're planning. He mentioned the spring dyno-day, and I said we will do anything needed to help. I'm sure will will get more definates when the day gets closer, but as of right now we only have 3 commited to this-me, dmax, and edge. I really hope to see more turn out. I'm sure once the word gets out and people find out there will be free food, there will be dozens. Elliot @4WParts, said he will post a flyer, and spread the news by word of mouth for us. I think he is more excited about this than we are. He said he's never even been approached to help host something like this.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:16 AM

Thats cool. I know Elliot from another friend. We used to go four wheeling together at Summertown. Elliot had the little Samuri that could. That thing was awsome.Brandon use to work there but I heard he moved off to Washington. It will be a fun time reguardless. If I get some guys that visit here just every once in a while to agree to come, what do they have to do? Do they just need to be a member here?
Old 01-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Chapter President

Nobody who shows up needs to be a member here. I will reccomend they sign up as a member when I hand out membership forms though.