Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Urgent Lemon Law info and Warranty info (keep from getting ripped off)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 10:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Urgent Lemon Law info and Warranty info (keep from getting ripped off)

Just got my truck back from having an injector replaced and dealer tried to charge me the $100 deductable under the 7/70 warranty. I ahd already checked with DC Customer Care so thought I'd share the following in case you run into this.

At least on my 04.5

New 3yr/36 month mostly everything no deductable

New 7yr/70K miles driveline $100 deductable

Now the tricky part:

Cummins Diesel engine 5 yr 100K no deductable/ 7yr 100k $100 deductable
Engine includes Block, crank, cam, pistons rods, fuel pump, injectors but I don't remember all. Notice injector and fuel poump up to 5 years or 100k miles--no deductable. We argued and I won but wasted 1/2 hour again. Now have to take truck bak due to same problem not fixed.

Other item very important concerning lemon Law

In Michigan if you buy your truck under a Chrysler employee pricing plan wheather or not you know it umongst the papers you sign is a binding Arbitration agreement that voids your Lemon Law rights in Michigan, Found this out after contacting 2 different lawyers concernign a Lemon Law buy back on my problem truck.

Be careful what you sign I guess.

Don

Sorry posted wrong place, Please delete.

Last edited by donhov; 08-15-2006 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Please delete wrong place.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by donhov
Just got my truck back from having an injector replaced and dealer tried to charge me the $100 deductable under the 7/70 warranty. I ahd already checked with DC Customer Care so thought I'd share the following in case you run into this.

At least on my 04.5

New 3yr/36 month mostly everything no deductable

New 7yr/70K miles driveline $100 deductable

Now the tricky part:

Cummins Diesel engine 5 yr 100K no deductable/ 7yr 100k $100 deductable
Engine includes Block, crank, cam, pistons rods, fuel pump, injectors but I don't remember all. Notice injector and fuel poump up to 5 years or 100k miles--no deductable. We argued and I won but wasted 1/2 hour again. Now have to take truck bak due to same problem not fixed.

Other item very important concerning lemon Law

In Michigan if you buy your truck under a Chrysler employee pricing paln wheather or not you know it umongst the papers you sigh is a binding Arbitration agreement that voids your Lemon Law rights in Michigan, Found this out after contacting 2 different lawyers concernign a Lemon Law buy back on my problem truck.

Be carefuf what you sign I guess.

Don

Sorry posted wrong place, Please delete.
Most states the lemon law is only good if you have several problems in the 1st couple months. Your truck is 1.5 yrs. old.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:59 AM

Thats not the purpose of my original post, not to complain about lemon law, it is to inform of what I have found out concerning same.
per your statement about 1 1/2 years old, it's still having problems that haven't been rectified since the first repair was done and all fuel system related.

Age of truck is some what irrelevent, and in my case this started below 30K miles at about 5-6 months old originally and hasn't been satisfactorly repaired yet.
Michigan Lemon Law States you qualify if:
Within 2 years (no millage statement so would guess as long as it is under warranty which mine is) truck is out of service for the same issue over 30 days or 4 tries to repair the same issue without success qualifys you for Lemon Law relief in Michigan.

that isn't the exact wording but its the basis of it.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:20 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
How could pricing a product void a consumer law? That makes no sense.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:06 AM

I am just relaying what 2 different unrelated lawyers told me. My guess is that DC feels that they are giving you better than normal pricing therefore they don't have to deal with attorneys if you get a lemon, they just take it to "their" arbirtater per your signed agreement and deal with it that way.
Guess I will find out soon. Sending out the required registered leter this am and will try it withoiut the legal fees, just hope DC will do what is right and get me a truck I can trust or repair this one at a Cummins garage or whatever ti takes.

Don
Old 08-15-2006, 11:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by donhov
I am just relaying what 2 different unrelated lawyers told me.
Show us a document or we'll just keep considering the source.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Geico266
How could pricing a product void a consumer law? That makes no sense.
Are you really a consumer if you have "employee" pricing, though? Perhaps that "we'll treat you like an employee" bit of buisness wasn't entirely advantageous to the buyer.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:51 PM

Lawyers didn't have my case, yet! They both said that I had a good case for Lemon Law until one asked if I happened to buy under some type of employee pricing plan and as soon as I said yes both of their tunes changed and they offered to "Try" to get some satisfaction for me for a fee. Total change of direction on thier part. They both explained that it was as far as they knew a Michigan thing. And they expected that sometime soon someone might challange the legality of it but that so far DC was eventually giving some type of non Lemon Law settlements out to dissatisifed customers.

This was intended as a For Your Information, posting, and not trying to make others challange me, if in doubt Please contact the lawyer of your choice but if in Michigan and bought thru some employee plan don't be surprised at the answer.

Now on to trying to clarify the warranty items that my "Friendly Local Dealer" tried to pull over on me. If I hadn't questioned the deductable thru the Customer Care center prior to picking up the truck I probably would have gladly paid the $100 deductable and never questioned it, as many of you might have already done. If so call customer care and complain to see if you were charged unjustly and you should get your moneys back from the dealer.

Enough of this....Don
Old 08-16-2006, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm certaily not going to question you, Don. it appears you have done your homework and now you're trying to make others aware of possible pending misfortune. I don't live in Michigan, and it's anyone's guess when I'll be able to buy a new truck, but I want to say - thanks for thinking of us and helping others not to go down the same path you've had to go. Have a good one! --Randy
Old 08-16-2006, 11:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sure there are tons of michigan guys who would love to see the ins and outs of this. Any body in the glove shaped state sorting through their sales paperwork trying to find this "disclosure"? I don't live in Mich either, and am not here to bust chops, but Donhov brought up the subject. I would just like to see the "fine print" that has the lawyers running away.