Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

towed my first semi!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
towed my first semi!

that was a pretty sweet feeling. semi ran out of fuel tryin to get to a flyin j. on an incline, blocking all the traffic trying to turn. strapped up, 4lo,1st gear and left of the brake. I was expecting to feel some resistance, but apparently when cummins made this engine, they decided they wanted it to be the most amazing engine on the planet

the guy was pretty happy because he didnt have to call a wrecker.

oh, and over the CB, I was talking to the driver on 18, and heard some bleed over from 19, all I heard was "wow, I dont believe it" .

that so made my night.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is quite the engine isnt it? I had the pleasure of pulling a garbage truck out stuck in the snow, not once but twice. What a rush!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 09:20 PM

I like how you titled this thread. Towed my first semi. Sounds like you will be cruising truck stops looking for more work for the mighty Cummins.
WAY TO GO!
Old 01-20-2009, 09:24 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

what did you expect, you both have inline 6es....
Old 01-20-2009, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by kelley15
I like how you titled this thread. Towed my first semi. Sounds like you will be cruising truck stops looking for more work for the mighty Cummins.
WAY TO GO!
after the fun I had tonight, I might HAVE to cruise the truck stops
Old 01-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a similar experience the other day. Driving dads truck home from work, going up a hill, see a kenny with a cat that pulled out of his drive and stalled, wouldnt refire. Pulled up behind him, asked if he needed help, he was very happy to see me then he asks "so you have a wrecker??" my reply was to use the cummins and he's like "oh you dont understand, this is a heavy truck"

A chain and not even 4x4 later, he was back in his drive swearing that he was gonna trade in his powerstroke... it had a for sale sign on it this morning
Old 01-20-2009, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by iker42
I had a similar experience the other day. Driving dads truck home from work, going up a hill, see a kenny with a cat that pulled out of his drive and stalled, wouldnt refire. Pulled up behind him, asked if he needed help, he was very happy to see me then he asks "so you have a wrecker??" my reply was to use the cummins and he's like "oh you dont understand, this is a heavy truck"

A chain and not even 4x4 later, he was back in his drive swearing that he was gonna trade in his powerstroke... it had a for sale sign on it this morning
thats awesome. Yeah, I am not even sure I needed 4x4 for this. and I ended up having to lock it in 2nd because it was getting ready to tap out in 1st. I didnt want to try a chain for fear of sending it through his window, lucky for me I had just put my heavy tow strap in the cab.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:14 PM

good ole cummins.... i had a buddy that hooked to one of our Pierce fire trucks and rockd it side ways (pulled at a bad angle no other choice) but did move it but considering it had been raining for several days the mud won that round. these are some mighty engines and i was raised in a blue oval family so i guess im the black sheep er i guess black ram of the family
Old 01-20-2009, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by bpollard1248
good ole cummins.... i had a buddy that hooked to one of our Pierce fire trucks and rockd it side ways (pulled at a bad angle no other choice) but did move it but considering it had been raining for several days the mud won that round. these are some mighty engines and i was raised in a blue oval family so i guess im the black sheep er i guess black ram of the family
if there was any snow on the ground I doubt I woulda had enough traction, but who knows. I will wait for it to snow and see if I can find anyone to pull.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:33 PM

a few years ago i saw a 1/2 chevy 4x4 pulling a tractor and trailer up an off ramp from interstate. it was quite impressive for a halfer but i bet that guy was visiting a trans shop in the near future.