Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

These Hollywood people are so stupid

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 03:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I can say that because I read his question.....he asked what plans Bobo had for the returning Veterans?.....Everything you quoted was already in place Bobo has NO plans for them at all. In fact Bobo doesn't want them here and I would not be surprised if he tries to find a place to send them so their vote won't count. We all know how they tried to disallow a boatload of their votes last time and got away with it.
I read the question and comprehended the sarcasm.
You're right though Top.
Everything quoted is and has been in place for some time (with minor exception of recent weeks).
And I do recall very well the voting debacle of the past.
What the administration did, was a disgrace to every man and woman in uniform!
And you can bet he'll find another place to send them...already has.

Originally Posted by Dr.Dizzle
I believe Lary is 100 percent correct. Bobo has no additional plans for these men and women at all. He figures that the majority will not vote for him and therefore will offer them nothing in return.... except a tour in another country.
Yep
Old 11-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Off Duty
I read the question and comprehended the sarcasm.
You're right though Top.
Everything quoted is and has been in place for some time (with minor exception of recent weeks).
And I do recall very well the voting debacle of the past.
What the administration did, was a disgrace to every man and woman in uniform!
And you can bet he'll find another place to send them...already has.

Yep
I hate that you guys are agreeing with me on this particular subject...I would prefer to be wrong and think the Govt would honor the returning Vets as they should....but I know they won't.

As a former VFW Commander and State Officer I dealt with Vet issues on a daily basis...I spent many an hour across the desk from our Congressman trying to push for Veteran rights. I even got to be such a fixture at the VA Hospital that the Administrator would turn around and leave when he saw me coming.....

The one TRUE constant that I have learned over the years is that EVERY time Congress meets, they take a little bit more away from the Veterans and that is unacceptable to me. I finally had to quit that stuff because I was letting it build up in me and I was ready to pinch off somebody's head over the mess I saw in the VA.....
Old 11-18-2011, 12:41 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I'd like to see like big stores like K-Mart and Target offer 30 percent off for veterans," she said. She hopes businesses seeking workers might also post on the page, along with "lots of thoughtful, understanding messages" from everyday citizens.

Forget Kmart and Target, how about 30% off at a real store. Hit me up when Macy's, Nordstroms, JCP and other unnamed swanky department stores hop on that list. Why does Mrs Stone think military families only should get the cheap stuff?

Heck, I'd love to see "Hollywood" stores put their money where their mouth is and outfit folks for their military ***** and formal occasions. THAT would impress me.

Cheapo 30% at Kmart...pshhh
Old 11-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Banned

...The one TRUE constant that I have learned over the years is that EVERY time Congress meets, they take a little bit more away from the Veterans and that is unacceptable to me. I finally had to quit that stuff because I was letting it build up in me and I was ready to pinch off somebody's head over the mess I saw in the VA.....
It's not just the vets they screw every time they meet Top, they're just the most visible for now.
These scumbags screw all of us every chance they get!

I have a low opinion of politicians, and extremely low tolerance for stupid, as well as incompetence.
I would have lasted a week in your position before they banned me from the va...probably at gun point
Originally Posted by Shorts
Forget Kmart and Target, how about 30% off at a real store. Hit me up when Macy's, Nordstroms, JCP and other unnamed swanky department stores hop on that list. Why does Mrs Stone think military families only should get the cheap stuff?
If they're going to do it, then I'd have to agree with her on the groupings.
They were talking about doing something that would benefit the returning troops.
If you're taking 30% off at nordstoms and other higher end stores, you're back to paying K-Mart prices. Why not take the already low prices at the big chain stores, and lower them, and do the vets some good
If you're shopping at Macys, Nords, and the like, you can probably afford it and don't really need the benefit.
And you can get many of the name brands you get at the high end stores, at Wally World, K-Mart and Target at a substantially discounted "regular" price.
Add the 30% and you've got "good", "cheap."

Heck, I'd love to see "Hollywood" stores put their money where their mouth is and outfit folks for their military ***** and formal occasions. THAT would impress me.
Wouldn't a military ball generally be a "dress" occasion?
When did the hollywood stores start carrying Dress Uniforms?
Can't you still obtain these items through the commisary and BX/PX?
Heck, the last time I was on base, the BX prices were as low as Target and Wally World on a lot of things.

Cheapo 30% at Kmart...pshhh
God!
You can't please anyone nowdays
(Don't take me too seriously on this. I'm JFWY dude!)
Old 11-19-2011, 09:13 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they're going to do it, then I'd have to agree with her on the groupings.
They were talking about doing something that would benefit the returning troops.
Then you're just as cheap and out of touch with the military as they are I say that as a spouse who's lived overseas and has had to "make do" and "settle".

We're tired of cheap clothes, rotting food (really, commissary "fresh" is ALWAYS behind) and leftovers.

If you're taking 30% off at nordstoms and other higher end stores, you're back to paying K-Mart prices. Why not take the already low prices at the big chain stores, and lower them, and do the vets some good]

If you're shopping at Macys, Nords, and the like, you can probably afford it and don't really need the benefit.

Why can't we have a discount on nice things?

I can afford cheap junk. Can't afford as much of the nice stuff.

Many stores already do have a 10% military discount. We ask about it and use it.

You're out of touch with what's at the stores if you think there is not a difference in quality or "niceness". I was just at the mall. I know!

And who are you to tell me what I should believe is a "benefit"? Are military folks who make more money undeserving of receiving the benefit? And I though the benefit was showing appreciation for the troops. "Ohh thank you troops. Here, we love you. Buy all the cheap crap you want."

Are there caveats to being able to receive benefits?

And you can get many of the name brands you get at the high end stores, at Wally World, K-Mart and Target at a substantially discounted "regular" price.
The quality is not the same. I went to the mall this week to clothes shop. I never go to the mall unless I have no choice. Having not been to the mall in a while specifically TO clothes shop, with all due respect the quality is better at these stores. Sure, they're still made overseas but there is a difference in brands.

Add the 30% and you've got "good", "cheap."

Wouldn't a military ball generally be a "dress" occasion?
When did the hollywood stores start carrying Dress Uniforms?
Can't you still obtain these items through the commisary and BX/PX?
Heck, the last time I was on base, the BX prices were as low as Target and Wally World on a lot of things.

Cheap does not equal good. Cheap is cheap. You get what you pay for does apply.

Yes a ball is a dress occasion. I didn't say Hollywood carried uniforms. But what civilian spouse do you know does wear one? Being that I am a Navy spouse, take it from me, a nice group to choose a dress from would be great.

Quick question, have you lived on base or ever depended on the BX/NEX or Commissary for EVERYTHING? I have. No sir, you cannot effectively get everything you need from those places. I think your questions give lend to why civilians in this country think of the military. That the things we have for support are "enough". Basic. Be happy. Would you be happy with basic, cheap, and ill-fitting just because you're in the military?

God!
You can't please anyone nowdays
(Don't take me too seriously on this. I'm JFWY dude!)

Anyway, my input and opinion are first hand from being there and doing that. We've lived it.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Old Mopar Aficionado Extraordinaire

M is on a roll. . . Loog out
Old 11-19-2011, 11:42 AM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Shorts, you are good in my book. Through the eyes of a progressive, you are not smart enough to control your own lives, thats what the government is for. The government must tell you where, and where not to shop, what you deserve, how you get it, where you spend it. I personally think that if a company wants to give military discounts that is their choice, and I will support them if they do. If one really want to make a difference to the families of the military, strip all the excess garbage and worthless teachers the NEA is protecting, and we are paying for, and give it to military families to spend as they see fit. I would much rather see our boys and girls (and their spouses) getting wealthy of military service then some schmuck in washington, or a worthless teacher protected by a corrupt union. Not possible for most though, they want control over you, and they know much better than you what is best.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Banned

Ok, you asked for it
You might want to get a bottle of valium for this one...

Originally Posted by Shorts
Then you're just as cheap and out of touch with the military as they are I say that as a spouse who's lived overseas and has had to "make do" and "settle".

We're tired of cheap clothes, rotting food (really, commissary "fresh" is ALWAYS behind) and leftovers.
1st and foremost, thanks to your spouse for their service...

Now...FYI, I'm neither "cheap" nor "out of touch."
I happen to believe in managing money wisely as a steward of what I've been given.
If I can get the same thing at wally world or K-mart, that I can get at Nords, or Macy's and pay less, then why wouldn't I?
I don't need the yuppie branding to make me feel good about myself.

On to your comments:

I say that as a spouse who's lived overseas and has had to "make do" and "settle".
Where were you and your spouse stationed overseas?
How long?
When?

I ask this for the following reasons:
1) Depending on where your spouse was stationed, you should probably consider yourself lucky. You were able to see parts of the world on the taxpayers dime, that others pay dearly for. On top of that, you had the opportunity to "live" there, not just visit.
Unless you're the Obamas' most people just don't get that "opportunity."
You'll note that I didn't include the service member.
We all know nothings free. They pay "dearly" for this benefit, sometimes with thier lives. And they're usually out doing what it is that earns you the benefit of this travel and experience.

We're tired of cheap clothes, rotting food (really, commissary "fresh" is ALWAYS behind) and leftovers

2) Please! Feel free to provide some serious examples of this dreadful lifestyle.
My Father in Law is a retired military NCO. He's been around and back.
Never once heard him or my MIL complain about the conditions you are griping about.
There were some bumps in the road, but usually smothed out pretty quickly.
I'm unaware of any post/base where families are allowed, that doesn't have an exchange, and/or commisary.
Hell, even the piddly litte BX we had at the NG base here, had most of what you'd need for the time you were there. None of it was "cheap" or "leftover", and certainly not "rotten." You make it sound as though you were living in a remote, post apocolyptic region of the world.

And "if" conditions were that bad, you had the resources available to you as a military member and spouse to resolve them.

This is why I asked when and the rank of the member?
Times have definitely changed.

MY FIL is Vietnam Vet.
They had to wait for the mail to arrive to find out what's going on.
If they were able to get to a phone, they were lucky at times.
Today, there's cell phones, internet, etc.
Just saying that times are changing and maybe things weren't up to "PAR" back then?
I was in during the 80's and 90's. Never had a problem, but then again, never went overseas (not for lack of trying though)

AAFES has a COC, you have a congress person, and of course, there's the base commander.
Any good senior NCO should have been able to figure out how to resolve this issue pretty quickly.
If things were as bad as you imply, you'd have probably had health issues. Then the medical, health and welfare types start jumping in.

3) Although I've never lived overseas with the military, I have many family and friends that have.
I've never known one of them to complain about the things you're complaining about.
The only time they had to "make do" or "settle" was when they were in the field, or on occasion, at the start of their deployment when pay and personal/household items were playing catch up.

Why can't we have a discount on nice things?
I can afford cheap junk. Can't afford as much of the nice stuff.
Many stores already do have a 10% military discount. We ask about it and use it.
Take a breath.
No one said you can't have "nice stuff."
You're becoming defensive and reading more into it than there really is.

What is it specifically that you want from Nordstroms, Macys, or (*Gasp*) the french store, Jaques Cee. Pennee', that you can't find at one of the larger chain stores?

I seldom purchase anything at the stores you mention, simply because of their rediculous pricing structures.
I can usually get the same thing, sometimes under a different brand name, but the identical or a comparable item, at the chains for $$$ less.
So unless one needs the "brand name" to make themselves feel better about themselves" why waste the money?
Take that extra $$$ and go out to eat, take a trip, go to the beach, do something else, rather than give it to the "big names."

You're out of touch with what's at the stores if you think there is not a difference in quality or "niceness". I was just at the mall. I know!
There you go..
I spend a lot more time than I care to admit, shopping for things that we need, while my wife, a retired RN, helps take care of her stoke impaired, bedridden father!

I too avoid the malls like the clap. Someone has to pay for that prime RETAIL space, and I'd just as soon it not be me.

I've shopped the retail outlets, penneys, nords, macys wally world, target, K-mart, and can tell you that I've found just the opposite.

I've found the same for less at the chains, and the "same" under a different "brand" at much lower costs.

I've purchased high end clothing that fell apart after a dozen wearings, and "cheap" that has lasted until I out grew them.
If you've allowed yourself to be brainwashed into believing that more $$$ "always" = better quality, then you're sadly mistaken.
And if you know anything about "branding", you'll understand that what I just said is true. More $$ is not always better.

Not sure what you mean about "Niceness" though?
Do the sales staff bring coffee and crouissants to the shopping aisle?

And who are you to tell me what I should believe is a "benefit"? Are military folks who make more money undeserving of receiving the benefit?
That's rediculous. But now that you mention it, it does stand to reason that a senior officer or NCO, vs. a younger, less senior NCO or non-rate, would be in a much better position financially to afford them.Just stated the obvious, but you had to again, get defensive about it.

I've said it before.
If there's going to be an offer made by private industry, it needs to apply to everyone equally!

If you read my earlier comments, you'll remember what I said about the "prior service" and non-retired members, just returning, yet being left out of some of the promo offers for lack of an ID card.

So, was your spouse an officer or senior enlisted?

And I though the benefit was showing appreciation for the troops. "Ohh thank you troops. Here, we love you. Buy all the cheap crap you want."
So if I understand this right, you feel that your "position" in life, makes you somehow better than the rest of us that shop at those same chain stores, either by choice or necessity?
I mean seriously. If they're good enough for the citizen, why would they not be "good enough" for the returning vets and their families?
Please explain?

Are there caveats to being able to receive benefits?
Beats me?
Frankly, I never said there were.

The quality is not the same. I went to the mall this week to clothes shop. I never go to the mall unless I have no choice. Having not been to the mall in a while specifically TO clothes shop, with all due respect the quality is better at these stores. Sure, they're still made overseas but there is a difference in brands.
No, there's really not.
If they're made in some Indonesian sweat shop for Penneys', and they have the same thing at SAMS ClUB or Wally World, then they're all made the same way in the same place!

Cheap does not equal good. Cheap is cheap. You get what you pay for does apply.
Nope! Wrong again!
I've purchased Tommy Bahama shirts at $70.00 a pop (on freaking sale!), and gotten the identical shirt, right down to its origin, for $20.00 at SAMS CLUB, under a different label.

Same goes for several of the fishing/boating shirts I wear.
If I go to West Marine (a major boating/fishing outlet), I'll pay almost 2x's what I pay for an identical shirt at Wal Mart! IDENTICAL! Label and all!

It's volume purchasing, corporate demands for pricing, and "customer base" those that think like you do, that causes them to be priced higher at the "high end" stores.
It's that simple.

Yes a ball is a dress occasion. I didn't say Hollywood carried uniforms. But what civilian spouse do you know does wear one? Being that I am a Navy spouse, take it from me, a nice group to choose a dress from would be great.
I'd love to see you have the ability to find a nice evening gown for the ball as well. Does your base not offer high end evening attire? Possibly on line?
I guess since were were focused on the "troops" that are coming back, and not really the families, I inadvertantly overlooked you.
My apologies.

Quick question, have you lived on base or ever depended on the BX/NEX or Commissary for EVERYTHING?
Yes.

I have. No sir, you cannot effectively get everything you need from those places.
Please, don't call me sir. I work for a living.
And yes, I had no problem finding everything I needed.
My in laws spent several years in base housing back in the late 50's and early 60's.
They never indicated that they had a problem either.
Today with dang near everything you "need" or "want" online and for rediculously cheap prices, I'm surprised that moste people still shop the conventional way.
Actually, that completely true.
I'm sort of a dinosaur. I like to see and feel what I'm buying first.
But it's quickly becoming a thing of the past even for me.

I think your questions give lend to why civilians in this country think of the military.
Did you mean "why" or "what?"

That the things we have for support are "enough". Basic. Be happy. Would you be happy with basic, cheap, and ill-fitting just because you're in the military?
Sounds like my first seabag issue

Anyway, my input and opinion are first hand from being there and doing that. We've lived it.
And I'll ask again if you care to answer, when?

The bottom line is, as I've said before, all of us from the late 60's/early 70's on, have been volunteers.
We knew or should have known what we were getting in to from the start. The pay and benefits were not hidden from us, nor were the risks.

I can't get over how some people seem to think that serving their country, somehow "entitles" them to special dispensation, compensation, or special rewards and benefits, outside those granted by the military contract?

I've served. I don't consider myself any better or any worse than anyone else. I don't think I deserve any more than the next soldier or sailor, and in some cases, due to my reserve status, I've thought maybe I deserved less. In some ways, that was a self fulfilling prophecy.
See, when I was rift'd, my AD counterparts with the same years of service, were given X $ as a "going away present. Those of us in reserve status, received a Edit thank you letter from our philanderer and thief.

But it didn't matter to me.
I've never felt that I was due any more than what I was paid for and the bene's that accompanied that by contract.

As a result, I've never used any of the benefits "Guaranteed me" by the military contract I signed.
I've only recently considered signing on at the VA.
I never did before because I'm not a "combat vet" and really didn't want to get in the way of those who I felt needed and deserved the treatment.
Only recently was it made clear to me how that would not be the case, which made me even consider it again.

I've served my community for 30 years as a LEO.
Took far more risks than I care to recall, and never, for a moment, felt that I deserved more than the guy standing next to me that worked as an accountant.

Now, maybe an attorney would be another story, but never the less...

As far as the OP, I don't care what they do. They're all private entities, it's their money and their business.
It doesn't effect me one way or the other as long as I'm not making up the difference in lost profits.

One thing I will remind you though, from my previous post.
There are lots of vets that are back, out of the service and back into the civilian arena.

These folks will likely not have an active ID card, reserve card, or retired card.
Unless these stores somehow agree to make the offer available to all vets, lets say of the middle east conflict, it's going to make someone unhappy.
Even then, you're going to have similar vets, non-combat types, and vets from other conflicts, and those that have never left the country, but still played a role in the defense, that may also feel left out.
And this is how a claste system starts within your own ranks.

However this works out, I agree that hollywierd, if they really want to do something nice for those returning, needs to put it's $$$$ where it's mouth is, and build a some facilities for the families of rehab patients, so they're not out tons of $$$ being close to family.
Fund some rehab, therapy centers, vet centers, and other things that might be more useful in the long run.
Make a HUGE Freakin' donation to the Wounded Warriors Foundation or other wounded vets organizations.

"Things" wear out and go away."
Life goes on.....

Ok, I've pulled your chain long enough.
Is your head about to explode yet?
Coconut Rum and Coke....works every time!

Thanks to both of you for your service.
I know it's tough being a Navy wife.

OD
Old 11-19-2011, 07:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh man! Shorts must be out of town, or out for the evening! OD, agree with you on some points, but Shorts is a "straight shooter" also! I don't want to start a "war" between anyone, but I think this thread is gonna get a "wee" bit messy!
Old 11-19-2011, 07:44 PM

Yep, she's at a ball with her hubby on the tax payers dime...
Old 11-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChrisJohnson
Oh man! Shorts must be out of town, or out for the evening! OD, agree with you on some points, but Shorts is a "straight shooter" also! I don't want to start a "war" between anyone, but I think this thread is gonna get a "wee" bit messy!
Eh, there's no reason for anything to get messy.
Shorts has her opinions, I have mine, and there's no reason to make enemies over it.
As long as both sides stay civil and respect each others feelings and opinons, it should be ok.
Frankly, I've had much more intense debates with Chiefs of Police, other cops, and corporate executives.
In the end, in a matter such as this, it will probably come down to "passion vs. substance", and simply agreeing to disagree.

Hopefully, she'll see it the same way. If not, then it may end right there.
After all, nothing is going to change as a result of it, and engaging in an internet battle is equivalent to being on a hamster wheel.
You'll get frustrated, work your **** off and it go absolutely nowhere.

Originally Posted by wyododge
Yep, she's at a ball with her hubby on the tax payers dime...
Now you're catching on...
Old 11-19-2011, 09:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Off Duty , you are right! Stay civil, and things can be right. Like I said before, I agree with you on a lot of things, but I also agree with Shorts on many other things! Plus I'm scared that I might really meet up with her in real life! Shorts and I are truck nuts, and both our spouses are Dodge Charger nuts! Nobody needs another "war"! lol

es have Dodge Chargers! And she makes a lot of trips to my part of Texas!
Old 11-20-2011, 12:34 AM

I agree as well. I never really take stuff personally, but I have a bit of an ulterior motive. I really like to write, and one of the most difficult forms of writing for me, is in the form of concise wording in this type of arena. It really helps me out, and I enjoy the heck out of it. There are probably only one or two people on here, in the few years I have been allowed in, that I would not invite for a cold beer or a hot cup of coffee. As for Shorts, it would have to be a glass of that port stuff...
Old 11-20-2011, 01:05 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I got to tell you....so much of this rant makes me want to I don't even know where to begin

I will touch on only a couple because if I go any deeper this would likely not end until we have a face to face....

I ask this for the following reasons:
1) Depending on where your spouse was stationed, you should probably consider yourself lucky. You were able to see parts of the world on the taxpayers dime, that others pay dearly for. On top of that, you had the opportunity to "live" there, not just visit.
Holy Crap....what part of the Service did you serve in? Don't get me wrong, I respect ANY man or woman in uniform but did you really just make that statement?

Maybe I have forgotten how pleasant the Jungles were or the days upon days I laid in a sandy hidey hole 2 ft from my make shift latrine waiting for the chance to make 1 shot. and I never even got to stretch my legs out straight because of my team mate sharing the same hole with me. Yeah that was a pretty nice vacation

I do indeed consider myself lucky......

And just one other little thing...you tried to tear this fine Lady a new offramp just because she wants something better than what you can get at Wally World or the PX. Well frankly she has a whole lot more coming in my mind. She isn't asking for anything free, she just wants her Man to be shown the simple respect he deserves for putting on that uniform everyday and taking what comes with it.

Wally World having the same quality as the bigger places? man where the hell are you shopping? I see stuff in Wally World that I can wear one day and use as a rag the next. I think our basic issue here is a difference in what we consider to be quality goods.

As a result, I've never used any of the benefits "Guaranteed me" by the military contract I signed.
I've only recently considered signing on at the VA.
I never did before because I'm not a "combat vet" and really didn't want to get in the way of those who I felt needed and deserved the treatment.
Only recently was it made clear to me how that would not be the case, which made me even consider it again.
OK, I admire your stance here, I also admire your service to this country and your 30 yrs standing the line back here at home for me and mine while I was over seas enjoying those vacations I am supposed to be so grateful for standing that line for you...no argument there I have NO DOUBT we are members of the mutual admiration club on this matter.....the ONLY thing I want to say here is good luck on your upcoming visit with the VA and what comes with it.

Around here they won't even talk to you if you are not service connected. That means they will only treat you for wounds received in combat or disease directly associated to an action you sustained while serving. This too ONLY if you can prove your malady what ever it may be can be proven to have been suffered by you while service connected...

Now I know you are saying to yourself that this is a load of BS because you recall specifically when you took the Oath they Promised to take care of you for ever and ever amen....You are about to find out that they lied to you, and you are NOT going to be a happy camper about it either....because you put the uniform on, you went where they sent you and you did what they told you to do so by god you earned that health care they waved in front of your face like a carrot.

Sorry Old Bean....unless you have documents signed by your senior NCO's and Officers showing the date and time of each injury that is causing your malady today, they will simply say bye bye. I hate to be the one to tell you that but you screwed up by not taking years ago because getting it now is just about impossible unless you are service connected on a disability.

I don't agree with the way you treated this young lady, you could say it all to me and I would pop a top on a can of suds and hand it to you and smile and be best of friends but I think you need to choose your targets a little more carefully around here. I feel you owe her an apology at the least and maybe a little better understanding at the most.

As for you and me....well it is pretty obvious you and I are WORLDS apart in our experiences...you could say we come from different worlds militarily wise no disrespect intended but I would never assume to understand what you went through and I feel you owe the rest of us the same. It is a BIG machine with lots of entities that make up our Armed Forces...some of us jump behind the lines with a few buddies and work it that way and others sit on a boat or on an island base catching rays all day with the biggest worry being what the menu is at the chow hall tonight.

That doesn't change a thing as far as respect goes, we all know it takes everybody to make it work from the clerk typing to the sniper laying in his own filth waiting on the next shot.....we all are bound together as a team to do our jobs and each one deserves equal rights to the good stuff. BUT NEVER presume to tell another service member that they should feel lucky for having seen some country and been fortunate enough that the Govt paid their way like it was some kind of vacation......if you weren't there, YOU DON"T KNOW period. All that stuff is just hogwash of the third degree.

OK Now I will stop because some of the rest of that stuff REALLY makes my blood boil but I think I made my point well enough for you to understand that perhaps you went a little off the deep end on this fine lady and you were out of place doing so.

Again I thank you for your service and your devotion to this country but I have to disagree with most of your rant here. Have a SAFE WEEK END
Old 11-20-2011, 06:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SIXSLUG
She got her media attention.

That's what she wanted. That's what they all want.

Having worked in Los Angeles and in Hollywood (Paramount Pictures) this is really what it boils down to: media attention.

The Hollywood types don't get work if they aren't making news, because you can very quickly become a "has been" if you've not been in a movie for a while; this could be either acting, directing, or producing.

These people thrive on being household names, and the worst thing that could happen to them when their names are mentioned is the question being asked ...... "Who's that?"

-Kris

Quick Reply: These Hollywood people are so stupid