Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

There still is justice in this world

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There still is justice in this world

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_123133022.html

Finally, a judge with common sense. He ruled in favor of the dry cleaners and told the man suing them that he had to pay for all of their legal costs and court costs. A few people are saying that he shouldn't be allowed to be reappointed. I agree. I'm so happy for the dry cleaner family and I'm so happy that our justice system actually still exists in some form.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:29 PM

mom was telling me about that at dinner this evening.....glad to hear it
Old 06-25-2007, 10:32 PM

its a pretty sad day when the ones we trust to uphold the laws pull something like this! I am glad it worked out the way it did too bad it cost so much and has been in the system for so long. Anyone seen right away how stupid the claims where.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:00 AM
DTR Mom

Talking Everyone still gets to be heard, BUT lawyers generally don't abuse things like this g

and the city of LA's "top law enforcement" guy who let his wife break every area of government law and said oopsie! I made a mistake. I need to get organized. - yeah, like there would be the understanding IRS, feds and whatnot waiting for us if we tried those shenanigans...

maybe it's just me and of course, this is my opinion BUT since some lawyers want to be called law enforcement - then they can create the perfect case by street work; arrest them perfectly in substandard conditions , and of course get shot............at.

now that would be perfect in my book. and to think the solid citizens offered to settle this for 12,000 dollars. wow, 42,000 in legal fees racked up under frivolious motion after motion. OJ and the gloves back again; not my pants-
why yes. I did gain 27 pounds, but those aren't my pants. and they verified the grey thread by analyzing content (4700 bucks) as only for that suit, testimony and depositions (19,700 bucks) from up and down the manufacturing line. sheesh

torte law and election law SHOULD be scrapped but never will be touched as long as it is profitable to the lawmakers... sad but the system works well! absolute power corrupts absolutely!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_123133022.html

Finally, a judge with common sense. He ruled in favor of the dry cleaners and told the man suing them that he had to pay for all of their legal costs and court costs. A few people are saying that he shouldn't be allowed to be reappointed. I agree. I'm so happy for the dry cleaner family and I'm so happy that our justice system actually still exists in some form.
Is there another article that states it was settled? I think the part you are reading is when they were taking opinions from another judge, about how he would handle the situation.

I am glad that people are standing up for this poor family, not only should this guy have to pay their legal fee's I think he should do some jail time as well! Or at least get sent to a mental health facility of some sort, he's obviously nuts!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:53 AM
DTR's Toad Wrangler

I would like to comment on this but as I sit and think about it my vulgarity would not be permitted on this site.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:06 AM
Banned

There's a video on foxnews.com about it but I didn't link it here. The judge did rule in this case and his ruling was that the complaintiff (I think that's the right word) was in the wrong and he had to pay all of their legal fees and court costs.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
PLaintiff, Tyler-- Plaintiff
Old 06-26-2007, 06:02 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Clayten
I would like to comment on this but as I sit and think about it my vulgarity would not be permitted on this site.
I was thinking exactly the same thing.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HOHN
PLaintiff, Tyler-- Plaintiff
Ehh, good enough for government.