Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Texas Longhorns -V- Nebraska Cornhuskers

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 07:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And the Cowboys lost to those dang Aggies by one in overtime. Did I mention we stink? Cograts to Hoss and his boys. Did I mention Gundy stinks as a coach? I couldn't beleive they hired him in the first place. O-well, I can't wait for B-Ball season when we take names...!
Old 10-23-2006, 08:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Huskers play Okie State this week. Put the BBQ on we're coming to town and we're hungry! Ya'll got any beer down there or should be bring our own.?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Geico266
Huskers play Okie State this week. Put the BBQ on we're coming to town and we're hungry! Ya'll got any beer down there or should be bring our own.?
Dude, not only do we have the largest homecoming in the nation (according to most sources) but we were also in the top 10 drinking colleges in the nation several years back and we made it into Playboy! The "strip" has become lame, but all the drink stores are still open. How's about dropping me off some Coor Extra Gold? Got any of that up there? Just remember, we are a 3.2% state (stupid, don't get me going on this) so if you want any beer that is worth a toss, bring your own. But we do have liquor stores out the wazzo.

PS. I LOVE your white dog!
Old 10-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 4x4dually
And the Cowboys lost to those dang Aggies by one in overtime. Did I mention we stink? Cograts to Hoss and his boys. Did I mention Gundy stinks as a coach? I couldn't beleive they hired him in the first place. O-well, I can't wait for B-Ball season when we take names...!

Our boys play with true grit. FIVE of our eight games have been determined in the past 1-2 minutes of the game. They have literally had to FIGHT every minute of their games. They never give up. They came from BEHIND to beat Army, Kansas, Missouri and now OSU. They just won't quit. They didn't even quit when the teetee boys scored a game winning touchdown late in the 4th quarter, but unfortunately they ran out of time. Sure, they're not the greatest team playing football right now, but they just refuse to lay down and quit and they're now 7-1 because of it. Gig 'Em!!

Lots of good games over the weekend. Now, about Texas...

All you guys planning to see Texas in the Big 12 Championship again need to remember that the season isn't over yet. Texas isn't NEARLY the team they were last year. They're good, but they are definitely able to be beaten. Ohio State killed them, Baylor could have given them a run for their money if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers, they got LUCKY to beat Nebraska and they still have Texas Tech, OSU and A&M on their schedule (none of which are going to just lay down and die like North Texas, Rice, Iowa State and Sam Houston State did). It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings and she hasn't even started warming up yet...
Old 10-23-2006, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Hoss

Our boys play with true grit. FIVE of our eight games have been determined in the past 1-2 minutes of the game. They have literally had to FIGHT every minute of their games. They never give up. They came from BEHIND to beat Army, Kansas, Missouri and now OSU. They just won't quit. They didn't even quit when the teetee boys scored a game winning touchdown late in the 4th quarter, but unfortunately they ran out of time. Sure, they're not the greatest team playing football right now, but they just refuse to lay down and quit and they're now 7-1 because of it. Gig 'Em!!

Lots of good games over the weekend. Now, about Texas...

All you guys planning to see Texas in the Big 12 Championship again need to remember that the season isn't over yet. Texas isn't NEARLY the team they were last year. They're good, but they are definitely able to be beaten. Ohio State killed them, Baylor could have given them a run for their money if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers, they got LUCKY to beat Nebraska and they still have Texas Tech, OSU and A&M on their schedule (none of which are going to just lay down and die like North Texas, Rice, Iowa State and Sam Houston State did). It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings and she hasn't even started warming up yet...

Say what you want, but a win is a win
and granted, I will be the first to admit, that I thought the game was all but over, but good teams find a way to win at the end and I do believe 'da Horns are a good team
Old 10-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by UT Fan
Say what you want, but a win is a win
and granted, I will be the first to admit, that I thought the game was all but over, but good teams find a way to win at the end and I do believe 'da Horns are a good team
My thoughts exactly...except about my Ags instead of the Longhorns.

My only point was this...all you folks are already putting Texas in the Big 12 Championship, but the season ain't even close to being over yet. There's not a game left on Texas' schedule that is a guaranteed win for them.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Hopefully, Nebraska will play Texas again in the Big XII Campionship.

We took a chuck out of Bevo, now it's time for steaks!
Old 10-23-2006, 02:34 PM

Hopefully, Nebraska will play Texas again in the Big XII Campionship.

We took a chuck out of Bevo, now it's time for steaks!
I agree, they will probably meet again in December, but that's ok with me. And as far as that chuck goes, there's plenty more where that came from
Old 10-30-2006, 08:42 AM
Banned

Holy Cow! The Okie's came to play this weekend, no? Looks like the football players in the red and white helmets drank all your beer before the game! I'm still in shock!