Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

T-Mobil Network.... Any Good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 07:40 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T-Mobil Network.... Any Good?

I am looking at changing cell phone carriers and T-Mobil has some pretty good deals right now. I have never had a T-Mobil phone so I do not know how good the network is. I live in a pretty well developed area but I will be using the G3 for internet. What do you think?
Old 11-14-2008, 09:15 PM

I know when travelling overseas alot of the guys like it. Works well in Europe and believe or not some of the Middle East as well...
Old 11-14-2008, 10:14 PM

the reason T-Mobile has good Euro coverage is because it's a German company....

I have T-Mobile and rarely have complaints... the coverage areas have gotten much better in my neck in recent years. I have a blackberry with a blackberry service plan and it works great.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Chapter President

I have used T-Mobile for the last 6+ years. Their coverage has gotten a lot better. So far the best plan I have tried.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I've had T-mobile for 4 years. They have great coverage, compared to my work Nextel, and the same as my GF's Verizon phone. I've read they don't have their system set up for data in G3 like AT&T. I chose them because everyone else had too much "stuff" added into their phones or packages I didn't need or want to pay for. My plan is still the original promotion- 1,000 peak minutes, free nights and weekends, and no roaming charges for 39.99 plus taxes.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:55 PM

I've had T-mobile for over 6 years and can say the service has gotten MUCH better. You can check out T-mobiles site for coverage in your area (including 3G). And you can take a look here for reviews in their forum section on coverage of all carriers. While 3G may not be available where you are now, in the T-mobile section of the forum there is a listing of rollout dates.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:37 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Thanks guys. I ordered 2 of the new G1's and will check them out. They can run on wifi which I have at home, so thats cool. Where G3 is not set up they have that EDGE coverage which is pretty slow but still works. I really do not need it but I am a gadget guy and I like stuff like this. I almost got the Iphones on ATT and I hope I do not regret doing it.

Even talking to the sales guys they will tell you their G3 coverage is not what other carriers is, but they are building it up every day. According to their website, I should get good coverage wherever I go locally.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:43 PM

Don't do anything!

I worked for Tmobile as a Construction manager. I use their network to help me through my day. IT SUCKS!

I've used it in NY, TX, CA. and everything in between. The worst service by far in the history of my cell phone usage. Their pricing is always attractive but who cares if you get a million minutes for $5. Its not going to work. Their data rates are very slow, many many dropped calls. Customer service is poor too. They kiss *** over the phone but thats all they do is just kiss ***. They can't make your phone work any better.

Like I said, i worked for them. I know how their sites are built. If only the general public knew what I'm privy to.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:58 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Well, I am using my new G1 to write this message. The pages here on DTR take an average of 3 to 4 seconds to load on G3. Now my thumbs are cramping up from typing on these little buttons
Old 11-18-2008, 10:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jj3500
Don't do anything!

I worked for Tmobile as a Construction manager. I use their network to help me through my day. IT SUCKS!

I've used it in NY, TX, CA. and everything in between. The worst service by far in the history of my cell phone usage. Their pricing is always attractive but who cares if you get a million minutes for $5. Its not going to work. Their data rates are very slow, many many dropped calls. Customer service is poor too. They kiss *** over the phone but thats all they do is just kiss ***. They can't make your phone work any better.

Like I said, i worked for them. I know how their sites are built. If only the general public knew what I'm privy to.

I work for T-Mobile right now as a level 3 engineer. It depends on how the sites were designed, etc. etc. Not all places design the same. Some places use contractors for design. We however, do not. I don't know who or where you worked. What I have stated above is the same for all carriers. That is why some carriers do better in some places than others. It's the management and people that make the difference.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:39 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

I was happy with T-Mobile because of the price but finally had to let them go because I couldn’t get signal in a lot of areas that other people were getting. Am now with Verizon and am able to get signal in a lot more areas. Guess it depends on where you are at.