Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Superbowl breakroom; Feb 5 - 11/ 2017

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 12:52 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Stan, don't knock it till you try it!

Late afternoon/early mornin. Nothing crazy going on.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:22 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
Stan, don't knock it till you try it!

True dat. In my travels around the world have encountered many strange dishes that once I know what goes into it, turns my stomach. However, to not offend my hosts have swallowed my bile and tried some of them, irregardless of what it looks like or smells like. Some of those horrible looking foods do turn out to be tasty, but somehow just cannot add them to my regular diet. Each to his own and depends on what you were brought up eating.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I've been watching a friend die from mantle cell lymphoma.
he was my rt hand man when it came to drinking,fighting and pranking.
even today between gasps he looks at me and says he's taking the day off work and smiles.
He hugged my daughter and everyone in the room was crying.

it will be the last time I see him alive.
i said I'll see you on the other side and he smiled with a thumbs up.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:07 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Scotty, sorry about your loss of your friend. Always tough to see someone close dying, but your last words to him are the complete answer. It is appointed to us all to die - - some young, some old, some in-between. The secret to the riddle is are we ready with our maker to meet him? I have watched the difference in those that were ready and those who were not. What is more important in this short life than that simple equation?

Been frustrated with this dumb eye. Up and down, good and bad. Two more weeks before the next appointment - - sure hope it has cleaned up by then. Not fun.

Had enough ph00 this day - - company over and out for lunch with them. So, just stopped in to catch up on the gossip and say hi. Sooo..............

HI!!! BYE!!!!!
Old 02-10-2017, 05:48 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Scotty, that is an extremely tough situation to be in. It is very hard to know what to say or do in those horrible circumstances, particularly when it is family or a close friend. Bob pretty well covered it. Sooner or later we all have to die and the key is know where our souls will go to in eternity after we die. Could say lots more about this, but will quit unless someone asks me for more info.

In the last few months a few of our friends have died, so unfortunately am all too familiar with the situation. Just last month a long time friend contacted cancer and exactly one month to the day after he was diagnosed with cancer, he died.

I know with absolute certainty where I am going once I die (and am looking forward to that day) but how many reading this know for sure where your soul is heading 2 seconds after you die?
Old 02-10-2017, 09:05 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I'm sorry Scotty... I know it's rough, we've all been there. Stay strong, buddy.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:15 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I knew he would go today. Scott and I talked several times about being ready to go.
He moved on at 7 this evening.
thankful he's no longer enduring the cancer.
we knew today would be the day and spoke of it together.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:19 PM

Scotty, that is both good and bad. Good that he is no longer suffering and bad that you have lost such a close friend. Bad too for his family. Having a close friend like you by his side as his time neared the end is priceless, so kudos to you for being there for him and his family. My heart goes out to all of you involved with this.

Will definitely keep you and the situation in my prayers, starting right now.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:20 PM

Received 2,403 Likes on 1,585 Posts
I am sorry for the loss of a good friend, Scotty.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:17 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
My deepest condolences on your loss Scotty.....I know how tough it is losing a friend that close. Prayers sent from WV
Old 02-11-2017, 07:28 AM

Good morning from Paradise. Another wonderful day is dawning - of course. The forecast says that it will be nice and warm with a high of 28c. As the humidity will be low, that will not feel very hot.

Just started to load up my truck for a trip for the day out into the county. This is a working day, so picks, shovels, wheelbarrow, chainsaw etc are all being loaded.

Coffee and ph00 are already on. Enjoy.

Scotty, still have you and the families in my prayers.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:16 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Sorry - - a tad late, but lots of coffee and ph00 left, so I rustled up some banana/pecan pancakes and brought a big bottle of "for real" maple syrup. They are in the oven staying warm. Careful how many you take, they are big.

Scotty, sorry about the loss, happy with the report he had made the plans for meeting his creator. When you feel sad, remember he is glad right now - - to be away from all this strife and struggles on our planet right now - - he is in the better place. Praying for his family for strength and purpose.

Gotta get out and fertilize the plants this morning. Had so much going on in my life the last several months I am way behind. The truck and fifth wheel are history and bought the wife a new Caddie XT5. She loves it. So do I. Wow, what a difference between this and our SRX. Get on the highway, set the cruise, get a book and read it. It adjusts speed to the traffic, stays in my lane, will stop for emergencies. DUH. Going to be interesting to look over at 70mph on the interstate and see everyone in the car messing with their phones or watching movies. Scary.

OK, grabbing a fresh one and gone.......................
Old 02-11-2017, 08:25 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Scotty - Sorry for your loss.

Not much planned for the day but I'm sure something "interesting" will develop.

Took the Bride out to dinner last night for an early Valentines Day as I have to work that day. I offered several fancy places, but she decided on her favorite bacon-cheeseburger place. Guess I'm still on the hook for the fancy........
Old 02-11-2017, 10:09 AM

Received 420 Likes on 321 Posts
Scotty,sorry about your friend. Big bear hug for you.
After 3 and 1/2 weeks in Sheboygan, I'm finally headed home. Sitting here in Milwaukee waiting for my flight 6 hours from now. Couldn't get a later ride to the airport. Oh well, the company is paying my time, 20 hours worth, overtime
Old 02-11-2017, 10:49 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Wishing for Cougar to be forced to wait for his flight among a dozen SI Swimsuit models also waiting 6 hours for their flight
The following users liked this post:
oliver foster (02-11-2017)

Quick Reply: The Superbowl breakroom; Feb 5 - 11/ 2017