Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Superbowl breakroom; Feb 5 - 11/ 2017

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 05:55 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
The Superbowl breakroom; Feb 5 - 11/ 2017

Good morning from Paradise where a beautiful day is starting. The forecast says that it will be clear today with a high of 26c. About a perfect day as one can get and I will take it.

Coffee and ph00 are fresh and ready. Both were made in fresh washed pots for a change, so may taste a bit strange to those of you who are not used to clean pots. This morning decided to do some of the more 'robust' members a favor and not tempt you with any delectable vittles. So ….... no grub this morning, diet time. You can pig out this evening. Put out some special mugs this morning, 50% with Patriots logos and 50% with Falcon's logos. Wash them out when you have finished. Who is the favored team to win this afternoon?

In the past I have mentioned a few times that I volunteer at an orphanange down here and have just found a short video of the Pan de Vida (Bread of Life) orphanage. This video does not show the entire complex, but may give you and idea of how big the work is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRwbf237USE

Later this afternoon will be joining with a bunch of ex-pats for a potluck supper while watching the game at a friends house. We have done this years now.

Have a great day and enjoy the game.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:06 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Wow Stan both the place and your dedication to others is HUGE...as always I am proud to know you

Rooting for the Falcons today only because I can't stand the Brady Bunch...never really cared for either team but Atlanta really played some awesome ball this year.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Finally settling in from church. Out for some BBQ with friends, then jabber a while. Nice time.

Stan, great vids. Quite the place - - much larger than I anticipated. Why so big in this location?

Grabbing a ph00 and go water plants. Have a good one.

Old 02-05-2017, 04:11 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Lary, thanks for the kind words. Bob, no idea why the founder chose that particular location. This place is now just over 20 years old and 20 years ago that property would have been very cheap. The property is 2 hectares and the orphanage uses all of it and could easily use another 1 or 2 hectares with the plans that they have. 70 - 80 kids and their care take a lot of space. PdV do not only look after kids, they have their own school from kindergarten to high school. This school is so good, some of the locals send their kids there too.

Due to the ever increasing cost of food, they are starting to raise some of their own. The chickens are now producing about 30 eggs a day and the turkeys, rabbits, sheep and pigs give some meat. Two weeks ago they slaughtered 40 rabbits for food. The work team from last month also started construction of a large in ground fish tank where they are going to try to raise tilapia and catfish for food. Next project - goats, goat milk and cheese. The goat project is being started with the help of an American who is married to a local Mexican woman and his background is goats and cattle. His wife is a vet and makes goat cheese for sale. The goats and cheese from this project is in conjunction with 3 other orphanages in the area.

Lots of buildings to maintain. 8 vehicles from cars to a Dodge 4000. The work there never stops. They need all the help and finances they can get, so my little bit is helping. The work crews that come down are wonderful and many go back changed and challenged.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:48 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Evening/morning.

I'll put the chow out today, I'll mimic the food I was eating in southern Okinawa last night... Chicken gizzards and hearts, cow tongue, horse, lots of sushi. Eggs for those if you who aren't into eating exotic (haha) food.

Congrats to the Pats, I'm not affiliated.

Stan, that's quite a project you keep yourself busy with.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by madhat
I'll put the chow out today, I'll mimic the food I was eating in southern Okinawa last night... Chicken gizzards and hearts, cow tongue, horse, lots of sushi. Eggs for those if you who aren't into eating exotic (haha) food.
UUHHHHHH - - - - ?????? Thanks so much - - gesture is wonderful - - the looks and smell are not. And, now I know why..........................No wonder you want to come home. Hey, we want you home too - - enough of that stuff. But, appreciate your service so much. Necessary, but time to come home.

I went ahead and put some coffee and ph00 a broooing and brought along some American breakfast, like big fat apple fritters, Dunkin donuts, all nice fat free slimming foods to help your heart health and vitality - - you know, American. Non of this sitting around watching TV all day, texting and seeing if your welfare check arrived - - you know, AMERICAN. ................

Off to see how to make more money at investing class. Sure makes me know I am a dummy............

Be good, have a great day.

PH00 - - - - 4Y00000..................
Old 02-06-2017, 09:40 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Bobby, the food was actually really good. I think the heart was the best.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mornin everyone! Little bit of rain here in the northeast today, 50* tomorrow. 6 inches of snow coming Thursday. Stan, quite a complex there and thank you for all that you do for them. So this weekend i was bored and feeling creative. Wifey was cleaning so i decided to stay out of her way. Went out in the garage and built a new bumper for the 05. I could have just spent a couple hundred on a regular one. But where's the fun in that???
Old 02-07-2017, 10:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's a couple of pics of it. 8 inch channel and 1/4 inch plate for the top.
Still have to do the trailer plug and plate lights. Maybe some flush mount led floods for reverse lights.
Maybe that will be next weekend.
Attached Thumbnails The Superbowl breakroom; Feb 5 - 11/ 2017-bumper1.jpg   The Superbowl breakroom; Feb 5 - 11/ 2017-bumper.jpeg  

Last edited by richard; 02-07-2017 at 10:31 AM. Reason: add info
Old 02-07-2017, 02:48 PM

Greetings peoples. Just arrived home and washed up and now ready for lunch. That may sound late for most of you, but lunch here is around 14:45. I really like this schedule.

Just as I getting ready to leave the orphanage yesterday afternoon two of the Canadian work team that are busy making new steel bunk beds for the kids (they keep on destroying the wooden ones) came to me and told me that the motor on the drill press was smoking and too hot to touch. That meant that my first job this morning was to go out and buy a new 1/2 h.p. motor and install it quickly so that the team could keep working.

Bob, maybe the only people making any money is the people teaching the course?

Richard, nice looking bumper. If I bring my truck up there for a weekend, can you make me one too?

Mark, thanks, but you can keep those kind of 'vittles'. Here, have my share. That reminds me that when I was growing up there was a group of people that enjoyed chicken heads and feet. The nickname for that kind of food is walkie-talkie.

Lunch time .............. gone.

Edit; Just posted something in the political section that some of you may enjoy - particularly the vets.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:14 AM

Put some fresh coffee and ph00 on this morning - - maybe the smell will lure some in and jabber. Nuff of hearts and kidneys and unmentionables showing up on the breakroom counter. That craze Madhat needs to come home and remember good ole American food. LOL

Lazy day today, company coming over so clean the place up a bit. Due some possible rain, so lanai can stay buttoned up.

Have a gudurn.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:25 AM

I smell fresh coffee................ hmmmmmm, thanks Bob. My stoooopid body decided to wake up at 4 a.m. and then my mind got whirring, so got up in disgust. Need more sleep and lotsa coffee. Is that an oxymoron?

Gone. Slowly. Maybe the coffee will help to speed me up?
Old 02-09-2017, 10:02 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Fresh coffee and Phoo for awl of ewe.....

Preparing a nice lunch for everyone, sour cream, green chili chicken enchiladas come and get them!
Old 02-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Fresh coffee and Phoo for awl of ewe.....

Preparing a nice lunch for everyone, sour cream, green chili chicken enchiladas come and get them!
why must you spread the chicken on your LEGGS before the sour cream?
Sheesh man thats bass ackwards
Old 02-09-2017, 09:42 PM

Good evening from Paradise as usual. Wonderful weather down, although today was a bit breezy. Perfect clear sky and a full moon right now. Sure glad that I am not up in NE where all that lousy weather is hitting. None of that is any fun.

Going to ignore Scotty's sour post and his obsession with Lary's LEGGS.

Have a breakfast meeting at 7:30 tomorrow at a local restaurant, so already looking forward to some delicious Mexican vittles. None of that stuff that Madhat was pushing at us.

Ciao.

Quick Reply: The Superbowl breakroom; Feb 5 - 11/ 2017