Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Sunday May 13th through May 20th It's pollen & GNATS week/ Mothers day too breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 08:26 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Sunday May 13th through May 20th It's pollen & GNATS week/ Mothers day too breakroom

Don't know how you guys are faring, but Mother's day has arrived here. And Did I ever wake up with a mother. 1st year without her mom being alive on mother's day, so I guess I'm on my best behavior.....

For all you diehards, Dunkin donuts, Regular coffee, Hazelnut coffee, Hungarian coffee, Danish coffee, Pumkin spice coffee, and Prune juice coffee is all out on the table and ready to be consumed. Since I know most of you guys are a bit over the 50 year old mark, the Prune Juice coffee should come in handy, this A.M.

Yesterday, we went to the Edwin Forsythe National preserve, and checked out the bird life in the park. Simply amazing. Never saw so many turtles in my life, plus all types of birds that I had no idea existed in NJ. Lots of Blue Herons, gulls, oyster catchers, and GNATS !!!

OMG, so many GNATS, and so little time.... what can I do ?

Check it out here:

Truly a beautiful place (as long as you keep the car windows closed this time of year, otherwise you're snorting gnats)

They suck going in, but it makes the tissues look more interesting when you blow them out of your nose.
Attached Thumbnails Sunday May 13th through May 20th It's pollen & GNATS week/ Mothers day too breakroom-0512181748e_hdr.jpg   Sunday May 13th through May 20th It's pollen & GNATS week/ Mothers day too breakroom-0512181727_hdr.jpg   Sunday May 13th through May 20th It's pollen & GNATS week/ Mothers day too breakroom-0512181748b_hdr.jpg   Sunday May 13th through May 20th It's pollen & GNATS week/ Mothers day too breakroom-0512181603.jpg   Sunday May 13th through May 20th It's pollen & GNATS week/ Mothers day too breakroom-0512181557_hdr.jpg  

Sunday May 13th through May 20th It's pollen & GNATS week/ Mothers day too breakroom-0512181640a.jpg  
Old 05-13-2018, 11:16 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
I hear ya. Been mother and mother-in-lawless for a log time. Still miss them both.
PJ coffee, haven't tasted that in a while. Yumm.
28° this AM, I thought we where past that stuff. Anyway, changed out the throne in the bathroom yesterday. Hardest part was watching the wife pack it up the stairs. Today, change out the sink and vanity. The last earthquake really stirred up my well, so I'm going to have to put a sand trap on it and hydrant at the well to help purge it before it gets into the house.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:39 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hmmm - -- quite an assortment of coffee flavours - - giving each a taste to try them. Think the Pumpy Spice is the tastiest (is that a word????).

There are soooo many interesting park, preserves, forests, etc in our land. Amazing how you can live in one state so long and not take time to explore right close to home. DUH.

Lazy Sunday today. Had to teach class today, then off to Outback and surprise the wife with her daughter and granddaughter waiting for her there. Nice time. I am blest to have such an amazing wife - - great mother also. She gave me three beautiful children and now all kinds of grandkids and great grandkids. Life is good.

Bob
Old 05-13-2018, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
There are soooo many interesting park, preserves, forests, etc in our land. Amazing how you can live in one state so long and not take time to explore right close to home. DUH.

Lazy Sunday today. Had to teach class today, . Life is good.

Bob
I've lived in this state for 51 long and painful years. I had no idea that this place existed. The water was so clean, you could see the turtles, fish and the bottom quite easily.... nothing like Florida, but for here ? It was really amazing.

I never knew how pretty birds could arouse my senses. Well, other than that time I thought I was an Englishman.

Mind if I ask.... what do you teach ?
Old 05-14-2018, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by NJTman
I never knew how pretty birds could arouse my senses. Mind if I ask.... what do you teach ?
The bird life in Florida is amazingly diverse and populous. Provides great photo ops. Teach? Adult Sunday School class. Been teaching a class almost continuously since 15 years old. Let's see -- that was 10 years ago. OOOPPPPSSSS, I taught Thou Shalt Not Lie - - shame all over me. .......

Morning all - - fresh ph00 and coffee waiting - - come, fill your cup, sit and converse a bit. Start the day with fellowship. Miss ya.

Bob

Old 05-14-2018, 08:14 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning thanks for the Coffee, got to run lots to do and little time to do it
Old 05-14-2018, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Good Morning thanks for the Coffee, got to run lots to do and little time to do it
Hey Lary,

Glad to see that someone is using your password and login again. Shows that your computer is still operable

Now who has access, and is representing you is another story.....

Either way, it's cool.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:01 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by NJTman
Hey Lary,

Glad to see that someone is using your password and login again. Shows that your computer is still operable

Now who has access, and is representing you is another story.....

Either way, it's cool.
I was never here...even if I was I wasn't
Old 05-15-2018, 07:06 PM

Hi gang. Just slowed down enough to see if anyone is around. NOPE. No coffee, no ph00, no cookies, no nuttin but the dragon, and he/she was lonely.

Made a small ph00, grabbed a cup and off to keep the blonde company. She thinks I don't love her anymore cuz I am never around. ……….

CYA morry - - hopefully - - another full day of work.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:40 PM

Well, since Bob has come and gone, I'll be checking out the fridge to see what kind of goodies I can find in there.

Beer
Catsup
canned corn
1/2 empty orange juice container

oh well, I'll grab a beer and head on out of here. I had to take the wife's cat to the vet to euthanize him this morning, and since I just finished burying his fuzzy, dead and rigor mortise body in the pitch black, while in the rain, I think I deserve it.

Oh well, another day, another..... what are we here for ?
Old 05-16-2018, 05:43 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning y'all. Sure is lots of dust everywhere in this break room. Place looks like it is abandoned.

Dusted off the dragon, chiseled out the dried up coffee from the pot and made new ...... something. Could be coffee. No sense making any ph00 'cuz the ph00 drinker seldom shows up and lately is always late.

Going to try something different this morning. Have a big old tree at the side of my yard, right next to the road. This tree needs to come down but is over my ornate steel fence, plus partly high over the phone and power lines running down the side of the road. Can't just cut the tree down as it will cause damage. Going to build a temporary wooden protection for the fence and then climb up the tree as high as I can and cut midway through some of the big high branches. Then plan of breaking them off in sections using the winch on my truck. Need to do the initial high cutting using a hand saw as there is no way i will climb up the ladder or the tree with a chain saw. That comes later.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:30 AM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
Looks quiet around here... I just leave a half dozen of the fresh out of the fryer apple fritters...YUM
Great week of weather here in VT. - mostly 60-70F and sunny. The bugs have yet to emerge out of the woods, yet so it is a great time of year around here.
It is nice not to stoke the outdoor furnace 6-10 times a day finally!
Old 05-16-2018, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Dusted off the dragon, chiseled out the dried up coffee from the pot and made new ...... something. Could be coffee. No sense making any ph00 'cuz the ph00 drinker seldom shows up and lately is always late.

Going to try something different this morning. Have a big old tree at the side of my yard, right next to the road. This tree needs to come down but is over my ornate steel fence, plus partly high over the phone and power lines running down the side of the road.
HMMMM???? Let's see. Stan???? Where is Stan???? Haven't seen him one time this week. Wonder what is - - - - - - oh, there he is. He made it in about 15 minutes after I left for the other house to go to work. Then, he did not make me any ph00 - - and I thought we were buddies. B000000 WH000000. Oh well, I understand. I will make my own ph00 - - Chocolate Almond today along with one of Oliver's fritters - - gotta resupply my LDL. ……..

Got a lot done this morning and having to let the glue dry on some kitchen cabinet repairs. Came out pretty good - - see it if you know where to look. Maybe cuz that section is new. Gotta run and get more supplies for the afternoon stint - - just about to the end of this gig. Thank goodness.

…………….……………...Ph00...……….. YaWh0000000.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:42 AM

Wow, no one in behind me yesterday morning and the ph00 pot and regular pot smell horrible. Well, I will clean them up and fresh ph00 and coffee will be ready when/if you get here. Didn't have time to get much else ready, so brought some yummy chocolate chip cookies the blonde made yesterday.

Off to work on the other house for the day - - getting close to the end. Wow. Long time coming - - had lots to do. Looking pretty neat.

CYA...…………….……………….Have a great day.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:57 AM
Admin Team Leader

Thanks for the coffee and cookies....off to the Doc again today to help him make a payment on his vacation home

Quick Reply: Sunday May 13th through May 20th It's pollen & GNATS week/ Mothers day too breakroom