Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Strong and Neat Breakroom Oct 21 - 27

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 10:04 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
The Strong and Neat Breakroom Oct 21 - 27

Morning all. Bright shiny and bit cooler morning from Florida. Finally seeing a bit of cooler weather. Appreciated. Could not make church
today - - the blonde is not feeling well so stayed home with her. Good thing I did. Neighbor, who is 100 years old, called and was
having problems. He is by himself and his daughter is at Universal studios with her kids, so I am the "go to" for her when she is gone.
Found his blood pressure a bit high and he was dizzy, so had him take 1/2 of his blood pressure pill. A little while of talking and
calming down and the pressure came down. Glad I was here for him.

Didn't plan on being the open the breakroom so didn't bring anything with me. Did make coffee and ph00. Enjoy.

………...
Old 10-22-2018, 07:51 AM

Wow, everyone loved the coffee and ph00 yesterday. In fact, loved it so much no one was here. BBBBOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I did not make fresh today,
the ph00 still tasted fine.

Hey Stan, better keep your eyes toward the southwest - - something is brewing out there. You are going to possibly be on the east fringe of it - - get
out the ropes and tie stuff down.

…………...………………..
Old 10-22-2018, 09:25 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning. Just came back from the local Dana factory. A friend who owns an English language school has a contract with Dana and is short of teachers, so persuaded me to go and teach business and technical English there once in a while. One of the guys in my class is an IT guy and I stumped him this morning with a simple question. The question was; "What is a computer?" Not what does a compute do. Can any of you give a simple and direct answer to my question?

Just finished a nice glass of fresh, cold coconut water. This water comes directly from a coconut, so is as natural as it can get. No preservatives.

Bob, I noticed that "something" is brewing, but never take any notice of stuff like that. The reason that this does not worry me is that we are behind the mountains on both sides, so the bad weather never gets this far. At most some rain and a bit of wind, but seldom anything to be concerned about.

Got my shorts and my grubby shirt on, so heading outside to do something constructive. By the way, does anyone have the same problem that I often have? I can be sitting down working, not move and often lose a tool or a part?

Ciao.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Bob, I noticed that "something" is brewing, but never take any notice of stuff like that. The reason that this does not worry me is that
we are behind the mountains on both sides, so the bad weather never gets this far. At most some rain and a bit of wind, but seldom anything to be concerned about.

Got my shorts and my grubby shirt on, so heading outside to do something constructive. By the way, does anyone have the same problem that I often have?
I can be sitting down working, not move and often lose a tool or a part? ...Ciao.
Well, there is one thing you will not lose sitting down - - - belly fat...……….

I knew you were behind some mountains and will definitely disturb it, but it can still come over and dump lots of rain. Hopefully not a problem.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:08 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Well, there is one thing you will not lose sitting down - - - belly fat...……….

I knew you were behind some mountains and will definitely disturb it, but it can still come over and dump lots of rain. Hopefully not a problem.

That was not very nice! What makes you thing that I have belly fat?

Looking at the forecast, it does not look like Willa will even be felt in my area. The forecast for the next few days shows hardly enough wind or rain to even mention.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:30 PM

That was not very nice! What makes you thing that I have belly fat?
Wasn't that you I saw in that picture you sent me? Huh? …………..

Guess nobody loves us any more, so just made a cup in the "K" machine and hit the road. Have a great day.

Bob
Old 10-23-2018, 03:04 PM

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,576 Posts
Swung in, let the dragon out, grabbed a beer left in the fridge and I am out to work in the shop.

The forecast doesn't have a day with high temps. over mid 40s on for the rest of the month.
Time to get the yard plow truck dialed in for another season.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:54 PM

Good afternoon. It is a gorgeous day down here. Had lunch with my wife out on the terrace while watching the butterflies and sundry birds.

No Bob, that was NOT me in any photo. In fact, have never even sent you any pictures. Have you been checked for dementia?

Been very busy all morning, so now that I have had a very good lunch, will reward myself with a coffee and relax for the rest of the day. Ahhhhhh, retirement! I feel a nap coming on.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:42 AM

No Bob, that was NOT me in any photo. In fact, have never even sent you any pictures. Have you been checked for dementia?
Hey, I tried, but my answers and actions were so far advanced from their ability to understand, the machine fried...

Hey, check the stove - - made some wonderful oatmeal with apple chips and cimmammmon in it. Raisins and brown sugar on the counter and milk in fridge.
Join me. Yeh, made fresh coffee and ph00 and have orange juice and apple juice here along with raisin toast with yummy N. Carolina jams.

Gotta run - - appointments all day. ………………..

Old 10-24-2018, 07:04 AM

Bob, for some reason your response to my jab made me think about Scott (chaikwa). Too bad he is no longer here. Wonder what his response to you would be? No doubt it would have been funny. Hey Scott, where are you, we need you to come back and liven up the place and resume your janitorial position.

Good breakfast, thanks. Yuh dun gud.

Still great weather down here in Paradise. It's too soon to tell, but so so far it looks looks like it will be a cloudless day with very pleasant temperatures. Need to go down this morning and clean up and reorganise my small workshop. Been doing lots of work outside the workshop (finished my headache rack) and just dumped all the tools, welder etc on the workbench and floor.

Hey DTR'ers, join in here and liven the breakroom up. Do not be shy.

Off to get my day started.

Ciao
Old 10-25-2018, 07:04 AM

Good morning from Paradise, the land of great food and fantastic weather. The weather yesterday was fantabulous! The morning dawned with a mix of what looked like cirrus and a mackerel sky. That combination made for a spectacular show as the sun came up with lots of very pretty pinks, orange and red. Not a breath of wind. Later in the day a few palm fronds were twitching, but no wind all day. Nice temps of maybe a high close to the mid 70's and a few puffy white clouds floating around. The sun was hot, but the shade felt really nice. About a perfect a day as you can get. This is why I live down here.

Where is everybody? Lots of lookers, but no participation! Today I will be optimistic and make a nice pot of fresh ground Colombian coffee. Ph00 smells good, but no idea what it is supposed to be. Fresh juiced carrot juice in the fridge, along with some coconut water right out of the coconut. I drink a healthy glass of this every morning. Maybe the next guy/gal will bring something yummy to munch on.

Got my workshop cleaned up and put back together. Even swept the floor, so now I can move around without tripping over things. Next week will start on doing some work around the house and yard in preparation for a family Christmas gathering. We have this every year on the first Saturday of December when the distant family come together. Normally we have 30-40 gathered. This is always held outside on the lawn and terrace with catered food. Have used the same family for years for the catering. They do a fantastic job and the entire family loves the food. It is cheap too.

C'mon in, the dragon wants to meet and greet you. So does the rest of DTR

Ciao
Old 10-25-2018, 08:47 AM

Wow this break room should be called the Bob and Stan room.

Thanks for the juices Stan.
A little damp snow again this morning for the ride to school to drop off my daughter.

I swapped the winter tires on the dually yesterday. I have them mounted on their own rims so it is a straight forward swap out from the summer set.

Have a good day all DTR'ers
Old 10-26-2018, 10:41 AM

Swung in and left some apple fritters, everybody favorite snack that they try hard to hate.
44F and sunny here, but a little snow is still hanging strong in the shade.
Killington MT opened up for skiing and riding last weekend! Stowe will be a few more weeks out, but my daughter and I have our passes for the winter dialed in.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:29 PM

A little late getting here today - - sorry bout that. Working over 5 bikes to give away. Two are spoken for all ready, so three more to find nice homes for them.

WHOA!!!!!! WHAT ARE THOSE UGLY THINGS ON THE COUNTER. Oh my goodness - - apple fritters. OK - - who decided to temp me this way. Love them,
but sooooo bad for my cholesterol - - horrible. Boy I love them. Foooooeeeeeyyyyy on it, going to eat one. …….... …………

No ph00, so will run along. Sadly behind with my chores.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:34 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Hey Fellas, and all you other folks...

Been super busy, but not as busy as the guys who don't come here anymore.

Reality is that I've neglected sitting down at the computer for anything other than writing up contracts for customers. Gotta make it while I can, because weather won't be here long enough to continue, once it's cold and the concrete work comes to an end.

Still working on the house. Finished the 3 rd side, and now I'm working on the front. Slower than molasses, as usual. Tomorrow, a NOR EASTER is going to leave us with a couple inches of rain, and again, I can't work on my own house. Maybe I'll organize the shop, or spend the day sleeping, catching up on the 4am to 6pm days.

Popped a few fritters into my pockets, and I'll bet that sugar will be a real bear to get out, once my dog gets a hold of my pants, later on.

Oh yeah..... Has anyone ever thought that women, in general, are on the insane side of life ? I am truly a believer....

Will be doing paperwork tomorrow, so hopefully, I can stop in and bum some snacks off of the Bob and Stan show.

Quick Reply: The Strong and Neat Breakroom Oct 21 - 27