Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

spring forward break room

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 09:50 AM

Received 2,394 Likes on 1,577 Posts
spring forward break room

It is snowing here in VT, but the weather is slowly getting warmer.
I can see digging out the plow truck for a plow session this afternoon as we have gotten well over a foot in the past few days.
Apple fritters are on the counter along with coffee and hot water for tea.
Remember to set your clock forward an hour or you will be late to work tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:46 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Yum Apple Fritters! Thanks Ollie
Old 03-11-2018, 12:34 PM

Received 415 Likes on 317 Posts
Set all of my clock save one yesterday. Set the last one this morning. Weather people have no idea which way this storm will track. We will either get sun and warmer, or up to 3" of snow. I'm hopping for the sun. Yesterday was a pleasant warm(er) sunny day. Something we haven't seen for a while.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:45 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
A new breakroom. Gee, time is flying. Or I am just getting older faster. HHMMMM????

See someone (we won't mention names of course) didn't make ph00 today. OK, I did it - - Almond Ph00 - -- soooooo good..................................... and then someone (w won't mention names of course) had to bring those horrible apple fritters in. You just want me to have another heart attack - - shame on you. I will buck up, straighten up, bully up and NOT have one - - they are soooo bad. (oh I want one so bad -- - bbboooo hooooo). Shut up, Bob - - ya big baby.

Gorgeous day today. I just ordered 250 bags of mulch - - caught it on sale at $.99/bag. Great buy but oh man, now I have to pull weeds, trim, plant a couple new plants, then distribute those bags and spread it. OOOHHH, my back hurts all ready. ..............

Bob
Old 03-11-2018, 02:01 PM

Received 2,394 Likes on 1,577 Posts
I never make ph00, as I have no idea what it is.
Sounds like the stuff I try to avoid stepping in on my way to the wood pile to stoke the outdoor boiler.
My 500# of English Mastiff leave a pretty good ph00 trail if I may say so myself. Even more so as the snow from the long winter melts...that ph00 just springs up all over the place.

I certainly don't want you to have another heart attack, so take it easy with all those bags of mulch Bob!
The following users liked this post:
NJTman (03-11-2018)
Old 03-11-2018, 06:47 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good afternoon from Paradise. It's a hot day down here today. In the shade it reached 32c this afternoon and even in the summer, that is hot for us. Just came in from washing my wifes SUV and now I am sweating. Sitting here with the doors wide open, under a fan and no shirt.

Scotty, good to hear that it sounds like you have finally turned the corner with your health issues.

Bob, as you are the ph00spurt, please tell Oliver in simple English exactly what ph00 is and how to prepare it the way you like.

Went looking for an apple fritter, but none to be found. Oh well, perhaps that is just as well.

My wife for some crazy reason decided this afternoon that she needed to go to Costco. What a madhouse! Even in their large parking lot, parking was hard to find. Not going to try that on a Sunday again.

Time to relax. See yuh.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Sitting here with the doors wide open, under a fan and no shirt.

Bob, as you are the ph00spurt, please tell Oliver in simple English exactly what ph00 is and how to prepare it the way you like.

My wife for some crazy reason decided this afternoon that she needed to go to Costco. Not going to try that on a Sunday again.
We had a high of 72 today - - overcast this morning, but bright sunshine when we came out of church.

Stan, I think you meant ph00xpurt. Not really Xpurt, but like it and make a purdy good pot. Oliver - - ph00 is flavored coffee, like Vanilla Bean. Lots of people flavor their coffee with flavored Cremora - - that is not ph00. Ph00 has flavoring in the coffee blend and is brewed in. Sooooo good. Same old coffee blend gets boring.

Stan - - never did see a Costco my last trip down into Mexico. Never thought about them being there. Went to Lowes after church this morning. Their lot was jammed too. Must be the Trump Bump we are seeing.

Refill and see ya morry - - hopefully - - if I can still lift a cup after hauling 250 bags of mulch. OUCH - - my back..

Old 03-12-2018, 10:11 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Good morning from waaaay down here. Another nice day, but a bit breezy. March is often quite breezy.

Ph00 is made for ph00Bob the ph00xspurt. No idea what flavour it is as I made it from a can labelled 'ph00'. It smells OK and tastes OK, so hope that it passes the test from the xspurt. Made a small pot of coffee too.

Bob, there are lots of Costco stores down here. The products are similar to the Costco stores in the US and Canada, except they do not carry quite the same range of products. Unfortunately no Lowes yet, only Home Depot. In my city off 2 million, there are two Home Depots with the 3rd due to open in November. In many places of Mexico it looks like you are in the US because all the big name brands are there, even down to stores like Dairy Queen.

No time change for me yet. Time change down here is April 1 and Oct 28.

Lots to do today, so off to do lots - I hope.

Ciao.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:04 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Picc line gone! No further appts either.
40 months is a long time.
Onward!
Old 03-13-2018, 07:40 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Onward!
Sounds like a new lease on life for ya!

Best foot forward, senior.

Grab a flavored coffee, and Ollies fritters, and enjoy the day.

( btw, I'm referring to pastries he dropped off, and not Ollies man junk )
Old 03-13-2018, 10:11 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hi....

bye....
Old 03-13-2018, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Onward!
Hey - - - great news. Now don't mess it up being "Big Boy."
Too late for coffee - - just wanted to see what happened and say hi. My day was uneventful except for my sore back - - OUCH. Each bag of mulch is not all that heavy, but stretch it out to about 100 bags for today and it was plenty. Plus, hand pulled a whole big garbage can full of weeds out of my flower beds. GGRRRR. Can't spray them or kill the flowers and plants. Fertilize and start mulch spreading tomorrow.

Have a gudurn tomorrow.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:21 AM

Hey ghost town members. Gooden orningmay, as another chapter of our lives begins.

Can't have an apple fritter, as I'd like to keep the 11 lbs I lost while having the flu, off my fat belly. Ill grab a fresh honey and raw ginger green tea, a bowl of yucky oatmeal, add a few strawberries, and call it done.

Beautiful day ahead. Hope its the same for all of ya ghost towners.
Attached Thumbnails spring forward break room-0314180805a-1-768x769.jpg   spring forward break room-0314180829-1024x576-1.jpg  
Old 03-14-2018, 03:04 PM

Well, this ghost town reminds me of this ghost town:

Herman bought a ghost town. Wonder if he's heading out this way ???
Old 03-15-2018, 06:32 AM

Good morning peoples.

Hot, fresh coffee and ph00 awaits your drinking pleasure. Got a treat for y'all today. Fresh maple cornbread muffins with cajeta. If you do not know what cajeta is, look it up. It is delicious and goes soooooooooo well with almost all cookies, cakes etc. It may be a bit hard to buy north of the border, but is common in my area.

Gorgeous days every day here and starting to get quite hot by noon. The early mornings are still a tad cool, especially if there is breeze, but an hour after the sun comes up it is loverly.

Scotty, good to hear that you are finally mended. Stay that way - OK? Or is that eh?

Got a 7 a.m class, so gotta run. Ciao.

Quick Reply: spring forward break room