Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Some People

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 01:10 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iker42
Yes, I'd want some of him...but theres no right to if its ur own dumb fault...
Wrong young man... There is a responsibility we all share NOT to prey on each other. When you put somethign on teh open market, you dont know who may be your customer. Maybe someone who is mental imapired and has struggled for his/her entire life to become functional enough to be on their own, but could still not be aware of all of the little details of life? Not saying this is the cae here, but as an example. An HONEST man does NOT take advantage of others...
Its called Civic responsibility and I am suprised that you havent learned this in school. It used to get pounded into us daily........
Old 12-02-2005, 04:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Wrong young man... There is a responsibility we all share NOT to prey on each other. When you put somethign on teh open market, you dont know who may be your customer. Maybe someone who is mental imapired and has struggled for his/her entire life to become functional enough to be on their own, but could still not be aware of all of the little details of life? Not saying this is the cae here, but as an example. An HONEST man does NOT take advantage of others...
Its called Civic responsibility and I am suprised that you havent learned this in school. It used to get pounded into us daily........
you got it buddy
Old 12-02-2005, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, Chris .... you know that kind of thinkin went out of style when we stopped sealing a deal with a handshake.

Getting to where you can't trust anyone these days. I have never bought anything from ebay for that simple reason.

I would feel relatively safe buying something from the DTR classifieds (from a seller that I recognize as a regular) but never ebay. Just my .02

PISTOL
Old 12-02-2005, 06:01 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack Thorpe
I'd rather be reading a book to my kids. I wouldn't give 3 dollars for one of those things.
I was sitting here thinking that I was the only one that felt that way. I think reading is THE most important skill a kid, (or anyone for that matter), can learn. If a person can read, they can do anything. And I think reading to kids when they're young is a good start down that road.

If the person that bought that thing could actually read and comprehend, he wouldn't be the disappointed owner of an empty box right now. 'Course, the seller leaves a bit to be desired here too!

chaikwa.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by jumpinj
We will see the true character of the seller when and if he hold the buyer to the contract.

Ability can get you to the top but only character will keep you there.
--Unknown

This being the buyers fault is a rationalization to make yourselves feel better about your own lack of integrity in your past personal dealings.
Will you be sending a bill?
Old 12-02-2005, 06:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, but look @ this link and see the top feedback:

Who is messing with who?

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...054823&frm=284
Old 12-02-2005, 09:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jumpinj
This being the buyers fault is a rationalization to make yourselves feel better about your own lack of integrity in your past personal dealings.
Nonsense. There's nothing wrong or illegal or unethical about selling an empty box. U-Haul does it all the time; they just sell them cheaper than this guy did.

It's a lesson about greed and stupidity on the part of the buyer. He thought he was getting over on someone who was selling an Xbox at far below the current market price, and he got burned because he didn't read the auction. Like it or not, people are responsible for their own actions, and I have no sympathy at all for someone who acts like an idiot and then tries to lay it off on someone else.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:53 PM

I e-mailed the Guy and told him to get a real job.