Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Some "People"

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some "People"

I was watching the local news last night and they were showing footage of a protest rally in Virginia, Mn. There was one &quot;person&quot; (I used that term to keep peace) that was holding a sign that said &quot;Ashamed to be American&quot;. WHERE IN THE H*LL DO THESE &quot;CITIZENS&quot; OF THIS COUNTRY GET OFF HOLDING A SIGN LIKE THAT???? IF it were that bad why don't they VACATE PERMANENTLY??? While i may not always advocate war I do believe that ther are times when it is necessary. Where do these &quot;people&quot; think that the right to protest came from? I don't know how anyone would even be CAPABLE of making or holding a sign like that.<br>Sorry, but I had to vent some after watching that so-called &quot;display&quot;. As far as I am concerned that was ALMOST as bad as destroying our flag.<br>VERY P*SSED TOM
Old 03-21-2003, 03:29 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re:Some "People"

I am with you there Tom, The person is obviously too comfortable in his/her blanket of freedom, to realize just how good he or she has it here.<br><br> Let this individual go spend a short time in the gulf region and then let's see what sign he or she carries.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:56 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Take that person and their sign and drop them into North Korea, or Africa, Or......many other countries.<br><br>They need an eye opener...
Old 03-21-2003, 04:11 PM

These protesters are against war but don't offer up any better solutions. We are not at war because the inspections have failed. The inspections were a rousing success; they have proven that Iraq has not lived up to and is not planning to ever live up to its end of the agreement. We no longer need inspections, the answer is apparent.<br><br>If these folks want to promote peace, they need to be protesting Iraq to voluntarily disarm. We should fly them all over there so they can protest to Sadam. Of course, they won't last long before he has them shot.
Old 03-21-2003, 04:34 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

75 percent of them havn't even earned our respect of their opnion yet, much less citizenship. They're mostly either jobless, or just trying to get into some girls pants by showing off, or of the &quot;other&quot; life style with a skewed childhood, and parental mistrust. The peaceful protests have been taking place mostly on weekends, with their familys.<br><br><br><br>
Old 03-21-2003, 05:10 PM
Banned

I think anyone who thinks US is a poor place to live should find out how many people immigrate out of the country to Irac. I don't think you will find a line up to get into that country. I believe most people are not informed on the war and jump to conclusions. Again if they don't like this country then the world is full of many where they can live. I will be staying put. God Bless the troops.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:41 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts

Years ago I worked with a Hungarian who told me that after he was &quot;liberated&quot; by the Russians for the third time that it was time to get out. And he did. Told me many stories of what it was like to live under such control and how great it was to have freedom.<br>Recently in the Seattle area I worked with a guy originally from Vietnam. He said the same things and much more. He has many horror stories of what it was like to live under a supressive regime. People like that truly value their freedaom and appreciate the USA much, much more than some citizens of the USA. Folks, value your freedom and try somehow to educate some of your 'enlighened' politicians and the useful idiots that are holding these so called peace rallies. I am ashamed of all of them.<br>I totally agree with Scotty, Badunit, Redleg, Spots and others who would like to teach some of these ignoramusus a lesson. Send them over Hussain and others like him. Send them to North Korea. Wouldn't it be nice to make it mandatory to have these guys and gals live and work in those countries (with no financial support from the USA) for a year before they are allowed to protest. <br>Who wants the soapbox now?<br>
Old 03-21-2003, 09:27 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Yup, me again.<br><br>I'm telling ya, those poor people do not want Hussein as their leader. The media can interview two people who happen to be upper class, and probably work for Hussein, and because they like the life style he gave them, that must be the opnion of the whole country. : <br><br>When we were there in 91, they were smiling and waving happily while they surrendered. After we waived them past for the MP's to secure, they kept pointing and waving us on to keep going north!<br><br>We passed Bedoins that were shocked to see all the tanks pop over the hill, drop to their knees, and start bowing and praying at us. Then they gave us looks of awe when we ignored them and kept going, as if they were expecting a beating , or worse!<br><br>The reason we're getting the resistance we have is our own fault. They don't know that we won't stop in our tracks again and leave them hanging. Then when we promise support, thousands more get executed. I don't imagine they realize the difference it'll make that we aren't appeasing the Unideaed Nations.
Old 03-22-2003, 12:19 AM

Tom,<br><br>Virginia, MN is not that far from Canada Eh! They can drive one hour and can leave us in peace.<br><br>You should see some of the professional protesters down here in the Twin Cities. One week it is the war, next it is fur, next is logging and ect :'( . Then they drive home to the suburbs in their SUV that gets 8 to 10 MPG to suck off of mom and dad after wasting their tuition by skipping college classes to go to a protest rally.
Old 03-22-2003, 05:10 PM

Boy Srigs ain't that the truth!!!