Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

So, what did yall do for fun when you were a teenager?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to say i was lucky enough to have all kinds of fun! Fields, fires, beer, girls, hunting, fishing, camping, potato guns, go-karts, racing karts, mini-bikes (fav), dirt bikes in order z50r...learned to ride!, rt180...piece of junkbut had 5gears inst. of 3 , cr250....insane fun, raptor660....okay for 4-stroke, gobs of TQ, yz80....gave me concusion in 3rd gear , dodge diesel.....no more riding Didnt see cops too much thankfully, cept once, learned my lesson. Good times, hopin lots more to come
Old 01-08-2008, 10:35 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

those of us that are old enough to admit to drinking as a teen.

How old were you?
I have a cousin that is 4 years older, he is more like a big brother so I partied with him regularly. My first "party" was about 14.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
We would go to the mall, make the security guy in his Chevy Luv chase us, and we'd out run him but make the "lap" faster and come up behind him and honk.

We'd get a box of Chicken then get some cops to chase us, and go park in a used car lot and eat chicken and watch them look for us.

We'd go to Sonic, get a large cup of ice, then go to JJ's liqour and get premixed margaritas, and fill up the cup and walk around the mall thinking we were cool cause nobody knew what we had in our cups.

We'd go to "TI Lake" and mud. Any one around College Station/Bryan remember TI Lake?

We'd slip under one of our buddies old Ford and swap his shift linkage around so he'd have to shift it backwards.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
We did all kinds of stuff one in particular...

I shot a squirrell on lunch one day (in town) and cut off his tail took that to class and teased all the girls when that got boring I took it to the home ec room and explained to the teacher that I was working on a biology project and had figgured out a way to speed tan hides and asked to use the microwave teacher said sure anything for a school project. So I inserted the squirrel tail and set her for 15 minutes and just walked down to the principles office and visited the principal while I waited he knew something was up but I just said be patient and wait for it.. Sure enough here came the Home ec teacher the principal listened patiently and assured her he would rectify the problem. He had her shut the door as she left you could hear his bellows of laughter through the whole school. He sent me back to class and all was well.

Ok just one more

I shot a coyote another time and tied it to the front of the local gearheads 13 second drag truck while he was in simple simons eating, I tied it to the grill so it looked like Wiley Coyote had been pummelled into the front of this lowered tubbed and chopped 76 chevy short narrow bed drag queen. John was backed in so he never even noticed it until the cops pulled him over after an hour or so of dragging the strip. John was 3 years older than me so needless to say I had to lay low for a while after that. He finally caught me and luckily thought it was hilarious saying I wondered what every one was honking and pointing at.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Well when we were not hiding from Dinosaurs I would help my buddy chisel out a round piece of stone he called a "Wheel"

He offered me 50% of the royalties should he ever sell it, but I was WAY too smart to fall for that old gimmick

A "WHEEL" ......... Like something that stupid would ever catch on
Old 01-09-2008, 01:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Well when we were not hiding from Dinosaurs I would help my buddy chisel out a round piece of stone he called a "Wheel"

He offered me 50% of the royalties should he ever sell it, but I was WAY too smart to fall for that old gimmick

This is by far the best one yet way to go TOP thanks for the ice water on my keyboard.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:29 PM

Covered every back roads and drank very cheap Canadian whiskey. The first year I had my licenses I put 50,000 miles on my 93 Chevy half ton with the old 350 in it, but really went no where. Took a steam roller for a cruise one time also
Old 01-09-2008, 01:43 PM
24v

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)

That's funny right there.

Me.....a lot of stuff that I'm not proud of. Some things that were just fun and harmless, but other things that I wish I'd never done. Just my advice to the young ones......before doing something questionable, make sure you won't regret it in the future.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:15 PM

WAIT WAIT WAIT.... I'm still a teenager. Give me two more days and I ... won't be.
Anyways... Typical hillybilly stuff that most kids that grew up in the sticks do, Raced on foot, raced on tricycles,bicycles,horses,cars,pull wagons,trucks, inflated tires,tractor tires,lawn chairs with wheels,... ok so pretty much anything that had wheels or rolled or moved in some fashion. And amazingly enough only had to sweet talk my way out of tickets twice.
Other things to do Four Wheel out at Lake Mac and see how much air we can get. That was until 2 months after I bought the Dodge I had it 2 feet off the ground and sideways.not good. 7100lbs of truck + stock suspension= hard landing even in sand.

But you know I started early. Did I mention the time I totaled my dads car when I was 4? Drove a F-250 up and onto the trunk. Car was messed up but the Ford was fine. He still has the the car. I think its to torment me.

I think the funnest thing i did was drift my dads Kenworth in a corn field in the winter. NOW THAT is fun!!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:16 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by t-15 firefighter
The things that I did I can't post here. I'm not proud of them but I turned out okay in then end.

Britt

BRITT Say it aint so!

Man I hate to think of all the times I should have been horse whipped but escaped it. I guess God watches out for some of the not so bright kids
Old 01-11-2008, 03:07 PM

What was the question......

Oh yeah, burnt up a lot of rubber and a lot of brain cells on the country roads in central Illinios
Old 01-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I used to have a .22 with a strap. I'd throw it over my should and ride my bike to my friends house where we'd shoot stuff, in town. I'd ride right down the main drag in town. Got looked at and waved to by thousands of cops. Nobody ever said a word. Try that today.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:20 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

I'm shortly out of highschool. 3 years now. Do about the same stuff then as I did now. Not sure if that is a good thing or not haha

Mainly drinkin, campin, wheeling of any sort, rodeos, etc.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:48 PM

I had a 95' f250 powerjoke as a sophmore and junior then got a 99' f350 powerjoke at the start of my senior year, so I spent alot of my time turning wrenches.

Other than that I did alot of camping, boating, fishing, hunting, 4 wheelin, looking for women, and just hanging out with friends. I have several memories out at my buddies pond, we'd park all our trucks usually 8 or 9 of em in a circle and have a big bonfire in the middle with hank jr. cranked as loud as it would go. I'm in college now and every now and then we'll do something like that again, lots of good times. Theres other stuff too but I probably better not say anything. Kinda miss all those times now
Old 01-14-2008, 01:01 AM

I wasn't really a bad teen, kept to myself, never drank until late my senior year, never tried any kind of drugs....worst things I did were a couple of fights one fresh year and the other sophomore year. The first I was just an idiot that kept dissing this big fat kid and he decided to try to fight me. That stunk, man it's hard to push someone 3 times your size off of you, but I got out from him and hit his nose twice breaking it pretty badly. Almost expelled....I really was not proud of it, knowing the entire situation was my fault. The one I had my sophomore year was with a guy that was a real jerk. He had been on my case over something stupid for several weeks and I got fed up with it one day. I was kind of intimidated by him being a half a foot taller than me, but after he pushed me into a door causing the **** to hit me right in my back that was it and I swung back. Long story short, he never said a word or looked my direction ever again. That one, to me was worth it....

Quick Reply: So, what did yall do for fun when you were a teenager?