Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Smile - Spring has Sprung Breakroom - 3/23 - 3/29

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 11:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I need to get a hold of Mark Nixon. I know someone posted his phone number not too long ago but I don't know where to start looking for it. Tried sending him a PM but got this:
Mark Nixon has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:19 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Now, you don't want me to lie, do you????
Well yes that was the general idea...help a brother out '

The right exclamation was SHREWS!!!! I have felt it chattering a bit about a year. Have to remember almost all the miles on my baby are towing 16,000 pounds behind me. I do not have 4wd so no low range. Get in a position of backing into a parking spot that is uphill and no matter how easy I am on it, it is still tough on it. Putting in a heavy duty SouthBend. Lary says it will increase my fuel mileage by 8 mpg while towing and about 15 mph faster on the top end. Sounded good to me. ..........................

Hey, heading for bed. Nighty nite.

SleepyHeadBob
Bob you are missing the most important feature, a DTR Sticker! guaranteed to give you 25HP and 4 mpg fuel increase......why I have so many DTR stickers on my truck, I have to stop every hundred miles or so just to drain fuel out on the ground because it is making so much diesel!
Old 03-28-2014, 05:59 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Bob you are missing the most important feature, a DTR Sticker! guaranteed to give you 25HP and 4 mpg fuel increase......why I have so many DTR stickers on my truck, I have to stop every hundred miles or so just to drain fuel out on the ground because it is making so much diesel!
Boy, don't we wish with diesel at $4.15/gal. Takes over $300 to fill me up any more. Wow, that hurts. Makes me rethink going to Alaska this summer.

Morning all - - fresh ph00, coffee and donuts on the counter. Come and get it while I head out in the yard with my saw, clippers, choppers, rakes, shovels, bags - - - uhhhh, what did I miss - - oh yeh - - my ph00..............

Later,
Bob
Old 03-28-2014, 06:07 AM
Administrator

Spent another day at the hospital - - another lady from class hauled in yesterday, so went down to see her and the other one that was all ready there.
God has a special plan for you Bob and I think you better get that nurses uniform back from your cousin Scotty!

Originally Posted by cougar
Haven't you ever heard misery loves company. Or as the FAA tells us, "We're not happy till your not happy".
I must work for the FAA then, because I definitely was NOT happy!

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Sorry to hear you are under the weather Cougar. I recommend chicken soup.
That's what I thought too. When I was little my mom would always give me some kind of soup when I had 'the grip' or any other stomach ailment. So this time when I couldn't hold much down, I decided tomato soup would be the ticket. NOT! Within about 5 minutes of finishing a bowl it felt like someone had stuffed a hot poker in my gut and it stayed that way for about 12 hours.

Lary says it will increase my fuel mileage by 8 mpg while towing and about 15 mph faster on the top end.
And he guarantees it too! If it doesn't work, he'll give you a whole new truck!

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
JWBM- what's the tractor?
It's a Mitsubishi engine but the tractor is most likely made by Dihatsu. I don't think it is of the newer vintage where Mitsu was making the whole thing. Engine parts shouldn't be too hard to come by but the rest of it might be another story.

Morning all. It's right around 50 here this morning and it feels GOOOOD! Hoping it continues!

It is Friday, March 28th. I *THINK* it is some special persons birthday today that we all love and admire. Who could she be?

1774 - Britain passed the Coercive Act against Massachusetts.

1797 - Nathaniel Briggs patented a washing machine.

1834 - The U.S. Senate voted to censure President Jackson for the removal of federal deposits from the Bank of the United States.

1864 - A group of Copperheads attack Federal soldiers in Charleston, IL. Five were killed and twenty were wounded.

1865 - Outdoor advertising legislation was enacted in New York. The law banned "painting on stones, rocks and trees."

1885 - The Salvation Army was officially organized in the U.S.

1908 - Automobile owners lobbied the U.S. Congress, supporting a bill that called for vehicle licensing and federal registration.

1917 - During World War I the Women’s Army Auxiliary Corps (WAAC) was founded.

1933 - In Germany, the ***** ordered a ban on all Jews in businesses, professions and schools.

1942 - British naval forces raided the **** occupied French port of St. Nazaire.

1945 - Germany launched the last of the V-2 rockets against England.

1962 - The U.S. Air Force announced research into the use of lasers to intercept missiles and satellites.

1968 - The U.S. lost its first F-111 aircraft in Vietnam when it vanished while on a combat mission. North Vietnam claimed that they had shot it down.

1979 - A major accident occurred at Pennsylvania's Three Mile Island nuclear power plant. A nuclear power reactor overheated and suffered a partial meltdown.

1986 - More than 6,000 radio stations of all format varieties played "We are the World" simultaneously at 10:15 a.m. EST.

2010 - China's Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co. signed a deal to buy Ford Motor Co.'s Volvo car unit. <I didn't know Ford owned Volvo, much less that China had bought them!>

Today's thought:
Take wrong turns. Talk to strangers. Open unmarked doors. And if you see a group of people in a field, go find out what they are doing. Do things without always knowing how they’ll turn out.

C0ffee & ph00 are ready!
Old 03-28-2014, 07:47 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Boy, don't we wish with diesel at $4.15/gal. Takes over $300 to fill me up any more. Wow, that hurts. Makes me rethink going to Alaska this summer.

Morning all - - fresh ph00, coffee and donuts on the counter. Come and get it while I head out in the yard with my saw, clippers, choppers, rakes, shovels, bags - - - uhhhh, what did I miss - - oh yeh - - my ph00..............

Later,
Bob
Make sure you get thru saskatchewan into alberta before fueling up. Its 1.40/liter and probably an additional 3-5% on your credit card with yet another currency fee. That will push you well above 5.70/gallon. I bet it takes you close to 5.85 cad.

Get more dtr stickers.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:10 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happy birthday to whoever that mystery lady might be !!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:00 AM
Admin Team Leader

Happy Birthday Heidi!

I hope your day is a special one and that you take time out for yourself today
Attached Thumbnails Smile - Spring has Sprung Breakroom - 3/23 - 3/29-0119.gif  
Old 03-28-2014, 10:03 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Happy birthday Mom, all of us kids will be over about 3pm. I have the cake but we asked Lary to look after the gifts. This could get interesting
Old 03-28-2014, 10:08 AM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCOTT I TOOK YOUR ADVICE !
Old 03-28-2014, 01:07 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Another day of health insurance red tape. Just like a bunch of you guys, I've got Tricare. I'm getting it switched back to Prime, but what a snafu. Got booted during a credit card hack fiasco back to the lowest level. Now, needing labs done, there are too many computers not talking to each other. Oh well, there will be another day.....Got to get cut on on the 7th, no big deal, but sure hope I get stuff straightened out by then.

On a positive note, Grandson is going to be here this weekend. Seems he wants to shoot a ugly black rifle. Think I can help him out... May know somebody....
Old 03-28-2014, 02:13 PM
Admin Team Leader

Tricare sucks...I have been fortunate to be able to use the Hospital insurance where my wife works, the care is MILES above anything I ever saw at the VA.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:28 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Luckily, I also have insurance thru work. However, I use the Tricare as a supplement. My deductible on the State insurance went from 500 to 2500. It will work out, or, I'll get one of the guys at work to practice Field medicine on me. I figure, if they cut me, they got to stop the bleeding. That is what they take all the Self Aid Buddy Care courses for. I'm sure that some of them would like to chase the boss with sharp implements!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:39 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
a DTR Sticker! guaranteed to give you 25HP and 4 mpg fuel increase
Putting in a heavy duty SouthBend. Lary says it will increase my fuel mileage by 8 mpg while towing
Wow! I think I will buy two clutches and enough stickers so I don't have to repaint the truck.

Originally Posted by Scotty
Make sure you get thru saskatchewan into alberta before fueling up.
Having the extra tanks so I can skip a few of those areas has more than paid for the tanks over the last 11 years.
Smuggling 3gal toilets into the US still doesn't pay for the fuel. Think I will start importing horse meat.

Originally Posted by sherod
Another day of health insurance red tape.
I just found out my deductible went up a bunch also. Its been the same for 31 years and now it goes up,,,.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
It is Friday, March 28th. I *THINK* it is some special persons birthday today that we all love and admire. Who could she be?
Its gotta be Margaret Hilda Thatcher.
Only other person who fits that description is Heidi but she wouldn't have a birthday without inviting all of us.
`
Old 03-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Bark

Its gotta be Margaret Hilda Thatcher.
Only other person who fits that description is Heidi but she wouldn't have a birthday without inviting all of us.
`
I dunno know.......she is smarter than the average bear
Old 03-28-2014, 09:21 PM
DTR Mom

here, here.....
didn't even go to the zoo, crappy weather. no party.
spent an enjoyable day with our son, advising on life. congratulating him.
got a free chocolate mousse at applebee's (not real sure about the singing grumpy employees) gave the waitress a large tip, told her to buy some drinks for the unhappy co workers, they came out and sang to me again with all theatrics now. my son was smiling at my misery. heheh.
bought some jig saw blades and more colored paper lanterns we send up to 5,000 ft to bug the military. hey, life on the mountain can be fun....

thank you squires and knights of the DTR kingdom!

sent Bday note to the janitor. have an awesome day as well!

'94 cub cadet 7234- so we make our own parts. happy with a tear down for machining to get it ready to go back to work. no worries now. just not sure if I am supposed to have surface rust on the double dry clutch. using a military tent pole to hold the 2 clutches in line 7/8 and 3/8 shafts.
gonna have some fun processing the 20 gallons of sap during the freezing days. probably 100 gallons the next 5 days.
enoy your weekend fellas!!!!
sherod, boy do I hear ya on that. my military insurance is fighting with the gov insurance which is fighting my state employee insurance.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Smile - Spring has Sprung Breakroom - 3/23 - 3/29