Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Smile - Spring has Sprung Breakroom - 3/23 - 3/29

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 04:41 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Smile - Spring has Sprung Breakroom - 3/23 - 3/29

Spring is here - - snow is melting, it is warming up, flowers blooming. Get up and enjoy it. Ph00 is special today - - spring blend, coffee is strong to get you going and hot water for Claude and his tea.

Have a gudurn,

Bob
Old 03-23-2014, 07:01 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
I crawled outa bed, eyeballed the thermometer. -5° (-21° Canadian). Tried to take a shower, water's cold. Gas furnace kicked in. Went out to feed the wood boiler and a robin in the maple tree was yelling at me to turn the heat up.

I hope Summer lands on a Sunday so we can have a picnic.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:20 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
I crawled outa bed, eyeballed the thermometer. -5° (-21° Canadian). Tried to take a shower, water's cold. Gas furnace kicked in. Went out to feed the wood boiler and a robin in the maple tree was yelling at me to turn the heat up.

I hope Summer lands on a Sunday so we can have a picnic.
Brrrrrrrr!!! It's cool here this morning, mid 50's. I hope this weather makes up it's mind what it wants to do. I'm tired of it being 80 one day and 50 the next. My allergies go crazy every time the wind changes direction. Thanks for the break room this morning Bobby. I'll be stuck at work all day but y'all get out and be productive. Be good.

Later.

Sent from my high tech squawk box
Old 03-23-2014, 07:34 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm getting old.... I thought I was sore from working on my friends truck. Turns out, I have found an entire new level.

Grandson and one of his friends talked me into a "hide and fight" game of paintball and airsoft. Good time, but parts of me I had forgot about are complaining this morning. Maybe it was the run through the woods, dive over the fallen tree and roll down the hill to get behind cover that did it,....

Had fun though!!
Old 03-23-2014, 08:28 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Sore ribs and plugged skull side effects from this cold. -24C.
Who left the blue pupe on the floor? 7 empty licorice bags?

Thanks to tallguy for the goodies that oletrapdoorBobby missed.
And folks, that's not blue berry tea.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Sunday all y'all. Southern Alberta is having the same crazy weather as the rest of you. I woke up to more fresh snow again this morning. DW and I are listing the avalanche hazard as extreme in side yard Does anyone know where I go to apply for my global warming rebate cheque? I hope it warms up a bit today, I really need to take the pup out for some exercise.
Play safe out there.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:09 AM

Received 415 Likes on 317 Posts
Spring has spring. Figures. I hope I can find all the pieces and make it work.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:48 AM
Administrator

I can't stand licorice. And in my current state, it makes me wanna puke just thinking about it.

Still feeling like . This started last Tuesday and I STILL have it. Someone suggested it may be the norovirus, in which case it can last up to 2 weeks. I'm giving it until this Tuesday, then I'm going to do something if it's not gone. Or at least better. I was just thinking the other day that I'd been lucky to go the whole winter without being sick, that never happens. But I just THOUGHT it, I didn't say it out loud!

Hope all of you are doing well. I see B0b has got his ph00 on a fairly regular basis, so he's all happy. Looks like most of you have the same weather we have been having; COLD. It was 14 here this morning and only 20 right now. This IS spring, right?
Old 03-23-2014, 02:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Chaitaw take two cups of you 3 cups of your favorite burbon a 1/4 stick horehound candy 1/4 tablespoon brown sugar warm in microwave till sugar will disvolve in mixture let the candy mix in and drink. It should make you feel better
Old 03-23-2014, 02:13 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning to everyone. It's Sunday night here 'cuz I am about 8 or so hours ahead of the rest of you. Just crawled out of the African bush and sortof back in civilization. Unlike most of you, it is HOT here. Most days are 28 - 30C and humidity in the 80's. In other words, sweaty. Having a great time and am stretching my wife a lot as she does different things with me. My sons were with me for a while and now back home in Canada. One son is complaining because he left in 30c weather and after he got home it snowed 6" and he had to shovel.

So far we have seen and been VERY close to all of the big 5 many times. All except the elusive leopard. It was interesting to see my wife breath deeply when she was within 15 - 20 feet of the elephants, rhinos, buffalo and much more. We did this while seated in an open vehicle, so that got her a bit concerned. Tomorrow morning we leave at daybreak to take a boat trip among the hippos and crocs.

Been looking at the vehicles driving around here. Have not seen any full size trucks like a Chev or Dodge, but seen lots of mid and small pickups like Izuzu, Nissan, Toyota, Land Rover and more. Most have diesel engines. The Ford Ranger here looks really nice and has a 3 or 3.2 liter diesel engine. So do many of the SUV's I have seen. Most trucks are 4 door. Wish the diesel selection here was available in North America. I am driving a rental Hyundai IX35 SUV with a 6 speed manual tranni. Tried to get it in diesel, but none were available in diesel. It is quite a nice vehicle.

Right now we are in St. Lucia and head towards Durban on Tuesday.

Hope you sickies quickly get over whatever ails you and are soon back to "normal". Is there a normal here on DTR?

Almost forgot. Been eating lots of liquorice.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Stan, sounds like loads of fun! That's been one of the things on my bucket list. Maybe.....
Old 03-23-2014, 02:34 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
Stan, sounds like loads of fun! That's been one of the things on my bucket list. Maybe.....

It IS a load of fun. Forgot to mention that the little town I am in now has signs all over the place warning people to watch out for hippos roaming the streets at night. This place is located in a huge wetlands area, so that means that there are hippos everywhere. Did you know that hippos have killed more people than crocodiles? The hippos wake up at night and come out of the water to graze, including in the gardens of the town residents. Where do they graze? Anywhere they want to. Who will stop them?
Old 03-23-2014, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would be nice if spring would actually show up.60 on Saturday,40 today.low teens tonight and highs in the low 30s monday ugh.Chance of snow tues and wed wth??Hello spring, are you there??
Old 03-23-2014, 04:07 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, spring would be nice.

Afternoon all,
Thanks for the break room Bob.

Feel sorry for the sick ones and the cold ones and hope you get better soon.
Add the blueberry tea to the stuff RRone makes and you will feel like running.

Thanks for the update Stan. Glad you haven't stirred up any international incidents again.
Originally Posted by j_martin
and a robin in the maple tree was yelling at me to turn the heat up.
I miss them. We wont get any robins back until late April early May.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:43 AM

Just be reeeaaallllllyyyyyy careful around the campfire!

Quick Reply: Smile - Spring has Sprung Breakroom - 3/23 - 3/29