Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Scuttlebutt 16-22 July

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scuttlebutt 16-22 July

REVEILLE, REVIELLE ..... What a bunch of non-motivated individuals. Can't you see that the sun is up and shining in my beady little eyes already ??
(Oh yeah .... most of you just went to bed ...my bad !!)

What to do, What to do ... nothing planned for today except getting my squaw work around the house done and go for a bike ride. Probably better work on the resume a little, too.

Well ... you folks have what's left of a great weekend and enjoy the company of those close too you. This week will be a good un' ... I promise !!

PISTOL
Old 07-16-2006, 05:37 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Last day of my vacation.....figures a squid is gonna be up early makin' all that noise.
Shifting into "Coast Mode" today to try to prep for "Work Mode" tomorrow.

Sunnyish skies, high heat and humididididity again today.
Forcast for upper 90s for the rest of the week.
Another summer in the swamp.

Old 07-16-2006, 08:03 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heat is supposed to be downright silly all this week. Cold front sweeps through on Friday cooling us down to about 90* (Mid Atlantic that is)

I read somewhere it was 120 degrees in South Dakota Thursday or Friday? WTH?

Probably spray the rest of my trees for Bagworms, get it over with before it's near 100*.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:42 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Lawn needs mowed, todays High is officially scheduled at 100F (the bank closest to my house said 107). Im working on my kawfy while the wifey is cooking breakfast. Im going to leave the yard until I cant find the dog. Ya gotta love privacy fences..
Old 07-16-2006, 02:29 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got up bright and early to mow the lawn before it got too hot( other words, before sun-up) but the dern thing broke again......
twenty two yr old Cub Cadet, and its trying valiantly to give up the ghost, but I wont let it. This time a pivot mount for the drive pulleys broke. gonna need a torch to cut it off and repair it, don't have a torch, so I guess the yard goes unmowed again....too bad...
current heat index is 110*f... actual temp is 100 .....
brought the dogs in the house and The BOSS wants to bring her little mini-donkey in too, but I think that might be going a little too far..at least for the carpets.
gonna stay inside today, play on the 'puter and watch old John Wayne flicks on AMC....

Hoe y'all stay cool and remember to drink plenty, stay hydrated.....
Old 07-16-2006, 03:50 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
G'day to y'all. Hate to tell you, but here in Paradise the high for the day was a blistering 82 degrees with a nice cool breeze. Humidity is unusually high at 52%, but that could be because it rained last night. Boy, did we need it!
Just arrived home from a great church service and a huge brunch with friends at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Life is good.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:57 PM

Having the younger daughter's B'day party today, she's turning 2. Got all kinds of grilling and snack stuff, couple cases of beer on ice out in the garage, and the toys wrapped. We're doing it as kind of a combo party, it was my dad's 60th on the 12th.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:12 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
OK, wandered thru the kitchen earlier, but did not stay. Coffee smelled three days old and burned, no biscuits, dirty plates in the sink. What is going on around here - - you mother doesn't work here. Clean up behind yourself.

Great church service this morning - - pastor got real fired up and preached a good one. Out to din din with a pretty blonde, so I had to take her and buy her some pretties. Then, into the pool and relax in the patio and read the paper. Really tough day. Oh well, have to try and finish that irrigation system tomorrow.

Stay cool up north - - sure nice down here in comparison - - I will not complain at 91 with a breeze. Can someone remind me why I was thinking of going up into Michigan and Wisconsin. Oh yeh, to get away from the heat.

BaskinInTheShadeBob
Old 07-17-2006, 05:42 AM

ARRRRRRG!!!!! Back to work......
Just when I was gettin' the hang of that "leisure" stuff FiverBob is always bragging about.

Enjoying the peace and quiet before all these 'working people' arrive at their desks and try to get the last two week's worth of jobs pushed off onto my "list". (There are NO prority 2 jobs here....)

Enjoy the day, it's gonna be a scorcher here...........

Stay cool
Old 07-17-2006, 06:40 AM

Where's the , might need to make it some kinda iced coffee today?

Wonder if the people who work in Ed's building noticed their internet speed was much faster the last two weeks?

~Rob
Old 07-17-2006, 07:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
HOT HOT HOT! Over 100 again today. Brutal humidity. Maybe the liberals are right, I guess there is something to this global warming.

NOT!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:52 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Spose to br the last day of this garbage, then cooling down slightly. Might as well be here in the A.C.... letting somebody else pay for the electricity. Worked in the house most of the weekend instead of outside. Pulled down the wood burner and stripped off most of the rust. Painted it up with some high temp engine paint with ceramic... hope it lasts a little while. That sucker gets hot. There were more parts than I imagined that were plated and later painted over. Gotta find a place to get them replated. It still looks pretty cool now with just a patina to them... a real bad patina. While I had the stove out, I tiled the floor with some 16x16 slate that was on clearance at home depot. They also had some marble on clearance, so I got a batch and tiled the entry area to the addition I just built. It'll get scuffed up with all the sand arouns my place, but it was pretty cheap and should be a good spot to get the boots off in the winter. Gonna do the rest of the room in wood. Back to the
Old 07-17-2006, 04:57 PM

Wonderful 1st day back at work......

A commuter bus in the left lane, decided he liked the right lane better....

Now to try to get it semi-permanantly reattached until I can order a replacement......(or a better set of mirrors)

Broke the mirrored portion out, it hit the ground, didn't break the mirrors.
Attached Thumbnails Scuttlebutt  16-22 July-broken-mirror-3.jpg  
Old 07-17-2006, 04:59 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That stinks, did you get it squared away with the driver? I know lots of times those MTA or DART buses like to drive off like they don't even know what happened.......
Old 07-17-2006, 05:34 PM

He was MTA....
I had to chase/follow him for 4 blocks, finally got him at a light in front of the White House.
He said "I didn't even know I hit you"......

He does now.

Quick Reply: Scuttlebutt 16-22 July