Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Recourse for an Ebay non-paying bidder

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 09:34 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoss
What good could possibly come from posting his information? That's a childish and immature thing to do.

If you're going to buy and sell on Ebay you have to go into it knowing there's a chance that sooner or later you're going to get stuck with the raw end of the deal. That's just the nature of anonymous purchasing. When it happens just make the best of it and move on. If calling the guy on the phone and politely discussing the matter doesn't get you anywhere then leave negative feedback, file an item dispute so you don't have to pay the listing fees and then move on with your life. Consider it a lesson learned.

Exactly......
Old 12-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Banned

I strongly dislike Ebay......I've bought a few items off of there and I won't do it again. Granted I had decent luck, but with all the people getting screwed over on deals helps me make up my mind not to buy on there........I have extremely bad luck so sooner or later it will happen to me!!

~Nick
Old 12-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ebay isn't bad as long as you're aware of the risk and act accordingly. I've bought and sold lots of stuff on there in the past and only had to leave negative feedback once. I tried selling my stock exhaust system on there. It sold for a whopping 99 cents, but the winning bidder evidently decided the shipping was too much so he clammed up and I never heard from him again. No loss, no gain, but I did leave negative feedback and filed an item dispute.

You just have to look at their history on Ebay. If they're a brand new buyer/seller or if they have less than about 98% positive feedback then I usually won't deal with them.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Chapter President

A lot of people have been taken on e-bay for the PS3. Did you see the ads about a week ago?! 15,000 dollars?!?!? I had someone stiff me $1200 dollars one time selling. I just gave them negative feedback and the relisted. I actually made more money when I relisted the item! You take your chances selling and buying on e-bay. I would chalk it up to a loss and move on. Threatening them will only hurt your reputation.