Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Political Discussion Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 05:29 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Okaaaaaay.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:06 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If I go over there, I would probably get in trouble with the 5% that aren't conservative. Lol. That's ok, though.

P.J., there really are a few more of you guys, they just don't want to admit it.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 95% that are conservative would probably hate me, as well as a few of the liberals. I'll guarantee you the bible thumpers would hate me!!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:48 AM

Made my first post over there 30 seconds ago.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:52 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I actually did some work on the site today and made some speed improvements to the forum etc. For those of you who are interested in talking about politics, the site is very open about posting and much less stringent in terms of what can and can't be said then this site.

Also, feel free to pass the url to your friends on other dodge sites, too. Maybe they'll appreciate getting some of the politics off of their own, then again, maybe not!

http://www.all-politics.net
Old 11-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rampage1967
The 95% that are conservative would probably hate me, as well as a few of the liberals. I'll guarantee you the bible thumpers would hate me!!
Hate is such a strong word. Why don't you come on over and we'll try our best to only DISLIKE you.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:25 PM

Just WONDERING??

POLITICS--I was just Wondering?? as We are at WAR!in IRAQ & Affy Land--where WE all hear of the ENEMY using Cell phones to Expode road side Bombs & Car Bombs--& Seeing WE the United States is the Hi Tec nation on Earth--I was Wondering?? why?? Our Hi Tec Military don*t JAM the Cell phone signals? or President BUSH don*t call on all the Cell phone Satilite Cos to have them Shut Off all Cell phone satlites as they Pass over those Areas! & if they are Asked? & won*t Shut them Off over those Areas? for what ever Reason? WE have the Hi Tec to Destroy them!--which would Eliminate a large Number of our Military Deaths!--& also Civilains!--Deaths-- Our SON just returned from IRAQ Safe & Sound Thank GOD! as He spent three years There!--& He says that Our Politicians are Our Biggest Problem! as Our Militaries hands are Tied! as on Most Searches when WE Do catch the Enemy & bring them In--over 75 % are Released!--only to be Caught Again at a letter Date! & Released again--& the Biggest problem is Local Tribal Wars! as each Tribe is attempting to Kill other Tribes! & most IRAQs can Not Read nor Write! so Sign Language is the Basics of Communication & those that Can Read & Write pretend that they Can*t!--so at present its a NO Win Situation Period!--as most of the Hospitals & Schools We have Built are Burned or Gutted Out--& useless--& a WASTE of Our MONEY--TIME & EFFORT! --I Dono?--Ole JIM--
Old 12-06-2006, 12:28 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jim,

Just a suggestion, why not use a ' where you are currently inserting a *?

Oh, and take rants like that over to www.all-politics.net. I'm sure you'll find many people that enjoying talking policy over there.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:30 PM

Most phones are run off repeaters. There are very few satellite phones, even in the US.
It is not only cell phones they use- they use handheld radios, IR, passive IR, Motion sensors, and anything else they can get their hands on. It is just not the cell phones. There are so many cell phones here because it is cheaper to install towers than it is to install phone lines. It will always be that way.
There are jammers in use. However, they only jam certain frequencies, and the number or roadside bombs controlled by cell phones is very small.
The bad thing about wars is they are entirely controlled by the poiliticians, and they want to win the hearts and minds. The way I think we should take care of the 'hearts and minds' is 2 shots to the chest, 1 to the head.
I'm glad your boy made it back safe.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:03 AM
DTR Founder

I know I'm a bit late but I've been away at school. However, it is correct that the political conversation needs to stay on www.all-politics.net. That is why we created that site.

I noticed that it doesn't get a ton of traffic but for those of you who are into politics, you ought to hang out there. There is a lot of good stuff and with elections coming up soon, it should get exciting. I'm surprised we haven't seen people from the other sites over there yet to be quite honest with you.

Tell your friends... www.all-politics.net
Old 06-26-2007, 12:54 AM

Wow, I realize this is an older thread but just thought i'd say it is a GREAT idea. A lot of forums get plagued by intense political discussions, to which I can't say I haven't contributed. This is a good way to keep everyone friendly around here, and let the political opinions fly elsewhere!

Again this forums imagination is just awesome, I can't beleive how well run this place is, just great all around .
Old 06-26-2007, 08:00 AM
DTR Founder

Thank you sir. We do appreciate the compliment. Since we installed the other forum, we have seen the political discussion drop to nothing here, which was the goal to begin with, so it did work out well.

The only drawback I see is that the other site doesn't have as much traffic as I would have hoped for by now, but it's still growing slowly. I guess the best way to get it going is word of mouth. Go check it out though. There are some good discussion topics over there.

On behalf of the entire DTR crew, thank you.