Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Please Drive Careful!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Drive Careful!!!!!!!

First off Sun night im in the shower and hear a helicopter right over our house! Turns out a 22 yr old guy hit a center divide up the street at like 80. He flipped 5 times, was ejected and killed (no seatbelt). GREAT........ Then this morning, a girl Im close to was nailed on the way to work and will be in the hospital for awile...tons of broken bones. Be careful out there. If anyone nails me they are gettin knuckles in their teeth!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 12:41 PM

I had a close call myself on Saturday. This is what I posted at the So Cal Rattlin' Rams website:

On Saturday morning (1/21), I was driving eastbound on the I10 fwy just before the 15. I was doing 70 mph, along with everybody else. I was in the fast lane, when suddenly, I notice a black car, two lanes over and about two car lengths in front of me, lose control. I heard some tire screeching and then saw the car heading at a right angle for my lane. I knew that if I tried to stop I would get t-boned, so instead, I floored it. Thank God the Cummins responded like it did because the car missed me by a coupe of inches. Or, so I thought. It wasn’t til Sunday morning that I noticed a black scuff mark on the rear bumper and on the last 6 inches of the bed. No metal was bent – just the scuff mark, which came off with a little wax. Whew!! That was a close one.

Everybody, be careful out there.

Martin
Old 01-25-2006, 01:10 PM

Wow Marroyo, thats amazing that you made it out of that without any pain! Someone was looking over you!!
Old 01-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Banned

They are all idiots!

People around here drive like they have their front end in their tailpipe! Time to invest in a large, heavy, steel bumper. Mine has paid itself off twice. For some reason folks think they can run over me. I always laugh when I leave the scene in my truck and their pile of crap is on a rollback! Living in a college town, OSU, makes for a lot of out of towners that don't have a clue where they are going or how to get there.

Be carefull and good luck!
Old 01-25-2006, 01:30 PM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Man that sure is a good reason to keep bombing my truck. I wonder how well the XYL will receive that. Now if they would make white tail deer get a license On a serious note, it is getting crazy on todays highways. CA was insane when I was there in 1970. I can only imagine how crazy it is today. Buckle up, slow down and keep your head on a swivel and watch the person in front of the one in front of you. And for you that argue against seat belts. Get real, you can not control a vehicle if you are not behind the wheel. I have lost two friends in the last four months that may have survived with minor injuries if they were wearing their seat belts. Both were the driver.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:55 PM

Had my close call the other day... Driving along on I35 going about 70 behind a Ford, apparently he wasn't paying attention because all of a sudden he locked up the brakes and went slidding into one of those shallow cement ditches. I have to hand it to him, he was able to straighten his truck out before it rolled in the ditch (Big truck sliding sideways bout 50mph in concrete ditch not good!!). Meanwhile I barley missed the guy who was stopped, I swerved to the right, heavy on the brake trying, not to lock them up... I was lucky no one was on the shoulder (or should I say they were lucky!! ) That could have been real bad
Old 01-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Banned

I think for the most part, the whole problem boils down to.........

HANG UP AND DRIVE!

Pry the little plastic microwave communication device from your senseless head and focus on driving.....you bumbling idiots!!!

My $.04

JWB
Old 01-25-2006, 02:22 PM

Here we have all the New Canadian that are used to riding a bicycle not driving or they think there race car drivers
Old 01-25-2006, 02:28 PM

Hey Dually,
Its nice to see someone else in Stillwater actually agree's with me!! The drivers here are crazy!! Ive left my fair share of rubber on the road just to avoid leaving my fair share of paint on someone else. I didnt realize anyone else from Stillwater was on this thing. Keep in touch!
Old 01-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by one54ton
If anyone nails me they are gettin knuckles in their teeth!!!!!!!!!!
That's real smart.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:31 PM

I might not punch someone...but I HATE crappy drivers!
Old 01-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Banned

I was driving our 580 E backhoe to a jobsite this morning, toolin along in the left turn only lane coming to the turn, lady next to me in the right turn only lane on the cell phone thinks I am not going fast enough and tries to get herself killed by turning in left front of me from the right lane....... backhoes slide funny when you lock m up! I wanted so bad to get out of the machine and give her a good education but I was wearing a company shirt and I don't need the call from the office telling me they just got a call about a complete lunatic in a backhoe.........
Old 01-26-2006, 12:17 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by mikmaze
I was driving our 580 E backhoe to a jobsite this morning, toolin along in the left turn only lane coming to the turn, lady next to me in the right turn only lane on the cell phone thinks I am not going fast enough and tries to get herself killed by turning in left front of me from the right lane....... backhoes slide funny when you lock m up! I wanted so bad to get out of the machine and give her a good education but I was wearing a company shirt and I don't need the call from the office telling me they just got a call about a complete lunatic in a backhoe.........
That's when you lift her back wheels up off the ground with your front bucket. Tell her you'll only put them back down when she learns to drive....
Old 01-27-2006, 06:43 PM

Hey, you should see my back bumper that is on my flatbed, Try 3/8 inch channel iro welded to the bed. if that does not protect me, I hope that I never see what happens to the car that hit me in the rear! I was welding it on today, wow is that darn thing heavy, I almost busted a nut lifting it up and putting it on a clamp to hold it.