Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

People make me so mad!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People make me so mad!

Came home last night and found the door to one of my shop buildings open. A closer look showed that the door had been kicked in and they stole my power washer and an airless paint sprayer.

Why do these worthless bums have to do stuff like that. Now today I get to deal with insurance and go pawn shop hunting.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:04 AM

Yea... I dont know what makes people do that either... fast cash i guess.... Good luck in finding your stuff and dealing with your insurance agency....
Old 10-05-2007, 09:58 AM

2 words, PIT BULL !!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:05 AM

You could always ask the PD who fences goods from the local smash and grab artists?This was a quick deal for drug money.Just my .02.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 words: PIT BULLS
Attached Thumbnails People make me so mad!-dscf0412.jpg  
Old 10-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Nothing worse than a liar and a thief.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm doing work on house. Replaced the tank on the water well. Stored the old tank behind the garage to take to the recycler at a later date and to wait for my scrap pile to grow a bit. Just noticed the other day that it was gone. I know it was scrap, but it was my scrap dang it!!. I guess all I can do now is hope they take the old water heater when I set it out. Not really worth going to the yard with one tank. The side door on the garage was open too. They left the stainless sink.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Chapter President

Sorry about your luck. It has been a fantasy of mine to just once catch someone in the act of taking my stuff. No police action would be required (at least not on my part)
Old 10-06-2007, 07:45 AM

Yeah, the great part is that the pressure washer cost just enough to cover my deductible and the paint sprayer wasn't mine, I borrowed it from a friend, so I'm out of luck on insurance covering it.

We have dogs, and they watch the place and let me know when someone is here that shouldn't be, but I have to keep them penned up especially while we are gone. No pit bulls, I have two young kids. I'll just have to use other means. What gets me is all of the tools, chain saw, 4-wheeler that they left behind.

Makes me think that there might be another attempt down the road. Might have to stake out my own house.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Chapter President

Other stuff was probably to inconvienent or heavy. Talked to a store manager in the rough side of Nashville and he had a customer leave a flywheel outside and said nobody would bother it. I said in this part of town and scrap prices the way they are I would not be so sure. He said it was to heavy for them to bother with. Told me they broke the window out one night and they had jacks(bottle and floor) and they did not touch those...to heavy. I guess the key, in my honest if I were a thief opinion would be in and out. The longer your there the more chance you have of being caught.

Now the heavy part don't work for the pressure washer though does it?? I had a window broke on a car and they were gonna steal my stereo, crappy car, decent kenwood, 5 years old but they could not find the faceplate to the stereo....it was upstairs in my house. They tore apart the dash to check in the glove box, broke window to get in. Makes you want to make your own car alarm.....you know the type. Window breaks ok, thief unlocks door and climbs in and a mild C4 explosion wipes his............out. But then the lawers and do gooders are on you....that's cruel, how can you do that....blah, blah, blah. Chop his stinking hands off and make him drop the parts into the fish tank with his mouth......dirty rotten thiefs.......gotta go, getting upset....

Good luck on your recovery efforts!!