Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Opinions please on Flu Shots

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The flu shot is a crap shoot at best. I have never had a flu shot but one time in 7th grade I did get the flu and I didn't like it much but it happens. Flu shots are evil little things invented out of panic and fear. Face it. I just don't need someone injecting with some altered form of an actual strain of flu to make everyone else feel better all the while hoping the scientist who picked the strain actually picked the right one out of hundreds. Not going to happen and you can cry all you want but it won't change my mind. BTW, have some cheese with your wine.

Read this http://vactruth.com/2009/10/02/fda-a...cer-and-death/

Last edited by staarma; 10-13-2009 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Added a link to vactruth.com
Old 10-13-2009, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by DaveB.inVa

Anyway, H1N1 is no fun, I've been running a fever between 100.5 to 102 since Wednesday evening with Tylenol or Advil. The couple times I've forgot the Advil, I was quickly reminded when my temp started going over 103 and nearing 104 (did that once, the shadows were moving funny, got scared and took a cold shower). The Dr gave me Tamiflu which I hope is helping. I'm either sweating a lot or freezing and right now I really want to throw up. Plus all the aches, pains (boy its really killing my leg and knee that was broke a couple years ago), plus the horrible sore throat!

I think if you have the opportunity to get the vaccine, go for it!

I hope you start feeling better Dave, the flu is no fun, that's for sure.

Do you know why your body runs a fever? Just in case you don't, your body runs whatever level of fever it has to so that it can effectively destroy whatever organism ails you. Most who have had H1N1/swine flu, have run 104-104.5 temps to overcome the organism. Those who have attenuated their fevers with OTC fever reducing drugs have moved into the next stage with the virus, anotherwords, it has gone into the lungs. Statistically at this point in time, over 1/2 of those who have attenuated their fevers have ended up with it in the lungs and many of those people have been subsequently hospitalized, and of those people, there is where the death tolls are adding up.

I personally believe they have rushed this vaccine, no differently than the rush to a vaccine that happened in the late 1970's. Of those who had the vaccine in the late 1970's, many have had severe complications as a result of the 'untested' vaccine that was administered. With this new vaccine, the words 'untested' are also attached to it. There are several lawsuits already out there regarding this 'untested' vaccine, trying to prevent it's use until proper testing takes place.

To the best of my knowledge, the first 'vaccine' that is now starting to come out, it is a nasal spray, not a shot. The military is now the first to be using/testing the shots - their results have been similar to those in the past - MANY VERY SICK SOLDIERS from this vaccine. I guess it is not exactaly right yet??? Same may apply to the nasal spray. The problem right now is that someone is trying to close the barn door AFTER the stock is out . . meaning that IF you have been exposed to the swine flu and are in it's early stages and then you get either the nasal apray or the vaccine you will be RIPE for a worst-case scenario. If there are any real questions that now apply regarding use of the vaccines, the first question might go to having your affairs in order.

As I see it, most all of those who invented these vaccines say that they will not take them . . have to ask why??? Then there are well over 50% of the medical professionsal who also say they will not take the vaccines . . again - have to ask why?? Until there are clear, difinitive tests on this newly rushed to manufacturing and distribution vaccine, I plan to also say no to getting the vaccine.

Again, everyone's choice, but all of us whether we get the vaccine or not should have all of our personal affairs in order first.

Right now, my daughter is pregnant. Her physician has literally told her not to get the vaccine. I am very concerned about her contracting the H1N1/swine flu, but I am also not recommending that she get the vaccine. She has no predispositioned illness that might cause her to have serious problems with the flu, but then, neither have any of those women who have died from it who are pregnant.

CD
Old 10-13-2009, 12:58 PM
I watch wind blow...

Just had my flu shot, but not the H1N1 shot. just the regular one.

hope to stay flu free this year. . .
Old 10-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CamperAndy
That response is either putting your head in the sand or maybe your fingers in your ears and going LALALALALALALALAL to make it go away. The all caps, bold and underlined was a nice touch.

The issue is a historical event within living memory and is accurate. Is there one part of the information that is verifiable as wrong???

BTW - When do we get our BS degree from DTR, just asking when the standards for accuracy here got to the point we need to use sources that are better then Wikipedia in the eyes of any university.
if you decide to cite sources there slick at least do it from a source that is credible.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cbrahs
if you decide to cite sources there slick at least do it from a source that is credible.
Was the CDC link not up to your standard slick? Was it actually different from the Wikipedia information??? Too bad you can't cite every university that would not accept a Wikipedia sourced reference but hey who needs standards when they just need to put things in all caps, bold and underlined just for that really slick presentation and authoritative effect.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Chapter President

am I gettin under your skin there Andy? All I am saying is to use credible sources when citing things. If I recall, I am the one who posted the CDC link. post #29

slick
Old 10-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Banned

No your not even close, as for the CDC link, I posted a reference to the 1918 outbreak which is not what your link was referenced to as I was providing information for a specific question. Not as slick as you figured you were.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Chapter President

well congrats for posting a link to a credible site there andy. keep up the good work.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Chapter President

self evaluation? http://www.flu.gov/
Old 10-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cbrahs
self evaluation? http://www.flu.gov/
No comment about the site as I did not have time to read it (it looks like a good source of information at a quick glance) but it was interesting that the information is also translated into Spanish, Chinese and Vietnamese. Our Government dollars at work I guess.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:02 PM

No shot here. The human body was not designed to consume chemicals
Old 10-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by CamperAndy
No comment about the site as I did not have time to read it (it looks like a good source of information at a quick glance) but it was interesting that the information is also translated into Spanish, Chinese and Vietnamese. Our Government dollars at work I guess.
It was sent to me in an email this morning. They are sending out all sorts of govt propaganda garbage about it
Old 10-15-2009, 12:48 AM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

The basic premise of the entire site is, get vaccinated and if that does not work and you get infected, take drugs (antivirals).

They even went as far to say that if you have a latex allergy, the benefits of the vaccination outweigh any possible reaction from natural or synthesized rubber components utilized in the vaccination process.

Just makes me more and more assured that I have made the right decision. They are doing everything they can to scare people into taking it or just plain jamming it into your veins. With or without consent.

No thanks, I'll stick to orange juice, gun powder, home grown beef, sunshine and country air.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by wyododge
No thanks, I'll stick to orange juice, gun powder, home grown beef, sunshine and country air.
You forgot these items in your list so I'll add to what you posted, home grown hog, fresh milk and eggs, garden veggies from the back yard along with some vit D/bright sun. Maybe in the next couple weeks I'll throw an elk into the mix too.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Chapter President

mmmmmm backstraps. I am on my way Staarma. Save me a slice!

Quick Reply: Opinions please on Flu Shots