Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Opinions please on Flu Shots

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have taken flu shots twice. Both times, the shot made me feel like crap. Then both times I caught the flu later in the season, one of them being so bad I wouldn't wish it on my worst personal enemy. Knock on wood, those are the only two times I have ever had the flu. I don't think I'll be taking the shots any more!
Old 10-11-2009, 09:58 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
The swine shots are the safest yet in that they have tested before release. Prior to this the manufacturers have had such an excellent safety record,the vaccines are released without testing for adverse side effects. That being said,if I were healthy I'd just wing it. Unfortunately,I've got several health problems including a compromised immune system so the shot is a no brainer. I haven't had the flu in years. Bad colds,occasionally.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:30 PM
I watch wind blow...

My flu shot is scheduled for Tuesday . . .

shots seem to help me.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:05 PM
DTR's 'Wrench thrower...' And he aims for the gusto...

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
There are about 20,000 deaths per year in the US from flu. Now H1N1 is beginning to take children and pregnant women, among others.

How many of the parents of dead children are glad they did not get the flu vaccine for their children? Of the many others that die each year from flu, how many families think the dead one made the right choice not to get vaccinated? How many lie in bed for a week or more with the flu, miserable, and are glad they did not get the vaccine?

Now, I want to hear about how it's a government conspiracy and the vaccine is more dangerous than the flue.

Just get it. It's easy. And you might just avoid infecting someone else as a bonus.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
what we don't hear is how many had the vaccine yet still got sick and died? Where are those numbers?
Old 10-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by megacabdad
No shots for me.

I cannot attest to this companies claim of their products getting rid of the H1N1 Virus...nor am I affiliated with them in any way...

But I have tested two of their products personally and have recommended them to several customer's of mine, with great results! They all had allergy problems.

RGF Environment Group.

I had severe allergies, and tried all of the prescribed allergy medicine's that were available. All of the side effects of them were worse then the allergies at times.

If you have the time, read through their website.

Nice little disclaimer on their site

Disclaimer: RGF’s PHI and REME products have not yet been approved, cleared or otherwise authorized by FDA and are not intended to
diagnose, mitigate, prevent, treat or cure the H1N1 Flu Virus.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:05 AM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Originally Posted by Raspy
There are about 20,000 deaths per year in the US from flu. Now H1N1 is beginning to take children and pregnant women, among others.

How many of the parents of dead children are glad they did not get the flu vaccine for their children? Of the many others that die each year from flu, how many families think the dead one made the right choice not to get vaccinated? How many lie in bed for a week or more with the flu, miserable, and are glad they did not get the vaccine?

Now, I want to hear about how it's a government conspiracy and the vaccine is more dangerous than the flue.

Just get it. It's easy. And you might just avoid infecting someone else as a bonus.
That is not true. The antibodies are what is contagious, if (and that is a very large if) the flu shot makes you immune to the antibodies you are exposed to, that does not mean that you are unable to spread them. You may even be a carrier and not get sick at all. That there is very dangerous thinking. Besides, if you do get the flu, by the time you get the symptoms your contagion level is almost zero. The flu symptoms come from your body fighting and killing the virus in your body. That is why your arm pits and groin ache, and you get a high fever (one of the most effective reactions your body produces and why you should never fight a fever only manage it to keep it between 101 and 103). That is your body gearing up and fighting the invaders. The period of time that you are contagious, you don't even know that your are carrying the virus. That is why they can be spread unwittingly. A flu shot WILL NOT reduce the contagion level, only your bodies response to the contagion.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:17 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

All your questions answered here.
http://freedomoftruth.wordpress.com/
Old 10-12-2009, 04:37 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Redleg
All your questions answered here.
http://freedomoftruth.wordpress.com/
All of you that think the vaccination is the solution need to read that article at the link Don posted. It's a real eye opener, even to someone like me that has no use for the vaccinations to begin with.

chaikwa.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:28 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chaikwa
All of you that think the vaccination is the solution need to read that article at the link Don posted. It's a real eye opener, even to someone like me that has no use for the vaccinations to begin with.

chaikwa.
Why?? Because it says Freedom of Truth at the top of the page?? Every single point is prefaced with a "possible", "maybe" or "undetermined" but there are 100 words making the idea of getting a vaccination sound bad. There was not one definitive verifiable response in that blog as all the answers are compilations from multiple sources.

Look all you guys that think that vaccination should not be taken fine but talk to your grand parents or great grand parents if they are still alive. Ask them about polio, small pox and a few other of the disease that you know nothing about because they are not here today because of vaccination. Vaccinations are not a shadow world goverment attempt to control the population, I would be more worried if the goverment said we shouldn't get the shots.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I prefer a shot of Jack over a flu shot! (seriously, ever kick the flu with a couple shots of whiskey or Jager?)
My wife gets flu shots religously, but she also has a weakend immune system due to cancer and is a nurse, sick people around her all day.
If you're a completely healthy person, I'd not get the shot.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by CamperAndy

Look all you guys that think that vaccination should not be taken fine but talk to your grand parents or great grand parents if they are still alive. Ask them about polio, small pox and a few other of the disease that you know nothing about because they are not here today because of vaccination.
I'm all for vaccinations to diseases like these. but the flu will not ever be eradicated. it changes every year. I've had the flu once in my life (I'm 29) and I've always worked in pretty public places. I'll take my chances with no shot.

if i had health problems, was old, or pregnant, i would get it. of course, if i was pregnant, there'd be bigger things to worry about
Old 10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Originally Posted by CamperAndy
Why?? Because it says Freedom of Truth at the top of the page?? Every single point is prefaced with a "possible", "maybe" or "undetermined" but there are 100 words making the idea of getting a vaccination sound bad. There was not one definitive verifiable response in that blog as all the answers are compilations from multiple sources.

Look all you guys that think that vaccination should not be taken fine but talk to your grand parents or great grand parents if they are still alive. Ask them about polio, small pox and a few other of the disease that you know nothing about because they are not here today because of vaccination. Vaccinations are not a shadow world goverment attempt to control the population, I would be more worried if the goverment said we shouldn't get the shots.
Pretty sure all of us got Polio and small pox vaccinations ONCE. Getting a vaccination every year, year after year can only weaken your immune system. It is a very large experiment, and one that I am not willing to partake. Freedom of choice there Andy, Doesn't make me or others freaked out government conspiracy wacos. It just makes us individuals who still have the right to choose, and we choose not to. Isn't that what pro-choice is all about???
Old 10-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Chapter President

straight from the CDC http://www.cdc.gov/flu/avian/gen-info/flu-viruses.htm

I am for letting nature take its course and let my body do what God designed it to do. It is our fault we have these sicknesses anyways with drugs like this. Just as Wyo said, Polio and small pox were a ONE TIME THING and I agree with getting those when you are a child but the flu changes each and every year and the vaccine does not prevent or cure it is just a shot in the dark to the strain that is currently being spread and hopes that it will make your body fight it off.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Chapter President

slu shot funny

Flu shot reminder
Read to the end..............then it makes sense.......

Eat right! Make sure you get your daily dose of fruits and veggies.

Take your vitamins and bump up your vitamin C.

Get plenty of exercise because exercise helps build your immune system.

Walk for at least an hour a day, go for a swim,

Take the stairs instead of the elevator, etc.

Wash your hands often. If you can't wash them, keep a bottle of antibacterial stuff around.

Get lots of fresh air. Open doors & windows whenever possible.

Try to eliminate as much stress from your life as you can.

Get plenty of rest.

OR

Take the doctor's approach.
Think about it...
When you go for a shot, what do they do first?
They clean your arm with alcohol...
Why?
Because Alcohol KILLS GERMS.
So.......

I walk to the liquor store. (exercise)
I put lime in my Corona (fruit)
Celery in my Bloody Mary (veggies)
Drink outdoors on the patio bar (fresh air)
Tell jokes, laugh (eliminate stress)
Then pass out. (rest)
The way I see it...

If you keep your alcohol levels up, flu germs can't get you!

My mother always said,
'A shot in the glass is better than one in the ***!'

Live Well - Laugh Often - Love Much

Quick Reply: Opinions please on Flu Shots